Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
personal pick for #1 is firehouse subs. if you don't have firehouse where you live you're missing out on the best sub style sandwiches money can buy. plus they have those five guys Coke machines where you can mix vanilla coke zero with pink fanta.

subway is okay if you're okay with supporting pedophiles.

gently caress lenny's except for their sorta alright phillies cheesesteaks.

I hate quizno's ever since they refused to take my free drink coupon back in 2007. I am not a man who quickly forgives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
do people still eat at which wich? or is that just for hipsters now.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Robo Reagan posted:

congrats on being like my old rear end grandpa w/ aspergers who refuses to get gas or shop at any Shell station because one time they messed up and he spent $8 but didnt get a car wash

why didn't you visit for Christmas. nana and I miss you.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Chinatown posted:

im gonna drive to cheba hut for lunch today because of this thread

thank you,

you're welcome!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
my favorite sub style sandwich is a large firehouse hero fully involved on wheat with extra banana peppers and a kosher dill pickle on the side. fucker comes with roast beef, turkey, AND honey ham. not to mention delicious provolone. then once I get the sandwich I take it over to their hot sauce bar and add hot sauces to my heart's content.

my local firehouse subs is staffed by super friendly peeps who also say welcome to firehouse and look me dead in the eye as a sign of camaraderie. i feel sorry for people who don't have a bond with their fast food service people like that.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Snatch Duster posted:

you forgot to put a couple backlinks in this post. not helping their rankings much by spinking in firehouse every sentence

you seem upset. did you know you can order a sandwich online from firehouse subs dot com? they let you customize it and everything. sometimes I do that at work, just spend the day customizing my firehouse sub style sandwich that I'm gonna have for dinner.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

OctoberBlues posted:

I just remembered, I walked past the first ever Quiznos the other day, I should stop by, being the history buff I am.

ask if they accept free drink coupons.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

a starwar betamax posted:

ubway. Grilled chicken breast, footlong.....flat bread... peeper jack... yes toasted please..... everything EXCEPT pickles and banana peppers. Yes...jalapenos.. more please. ok thats good. olive oil and vinager... thats the olive oil right there.. salt and pepper. no drink. no chips... cup of water. thank you maam.

gonna have to try this, sounds exotic!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Enfield posted:

could i just get a bag of meatballs

no, but you can meet my balls!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Microwaves Mom posted:

Cousins but they're only in wisconsin and arizona which is a goddamn crime.

I wish I lived in wisconsin. they have a lot of good beer there, in addition to good sub style sandwich shops if I am to trust your judgement.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I'm at my local firehouse subs now, will update shortly.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
UPDATE!

it was really good.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

OctoberBlues posted:

You may be a Firehouse shill, but at least you're delivering the goods.

when i went to pay for my delicious sandwich, i just showed my main man at the register this Something Awful.com thread and he gave it to me for FREE.

gotta say, being a shill has never tasted this good.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

symbolic posted:

the only benefit of visiting Penn State

unless you're a 6 year old boy who likes getting molested in locker rooms.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Prof. Lurker posted:

you shouldn't eat carbs, op

suck off, I'm bulking!

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
what should my first sub sandwich of 2016 be??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Tom Gorman posted:

I was looking at their webzone and there are lots of pot leafs and weed names for things. You can also buy things from their Munchies menu, or the Secret Stash, or the Cottonmouth Cures which is kool-aid or soda. I've never eaten there.

Is called The Chronic (BBQ Roast Beef). Putting a drizzle of BBQ sauce on your normal roast beef and calling it BBQ is pretty lame, we can all agree on that. Plus I don't like to get down with the 1/2" tomato slices.

The whole theme comes off as trying real hard. Could use some more subtlety. Still, the food looks better than most chains. Like 8.50 for a footlong (it is called a Blunt) which is decent.

how high does it get you?

• Locked thread