Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

td4guy posted:

I got business class because I was afraid that I'd run up against some unpublished bandwidth caps, by doing ~1TB/month.
I have 75/20 comcast consumer broadband and regularly exceed 500GB per month and have seen no consequences. I don't see why it would be different for 1TB, I am already exceeding their "cap" every single month and they have yet to say anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

Maybe it's because I'm in the suburbs and I don't share my Comcast connection with a giant apartment full of people but I've always had great service. I mostly get the speeds I'm promised and the reps and technicians I contact have been really nice and responsive.
I agree that comcast experiences can vary. I live in a small midwestern town, and I have never had an issue with comcast. My personal service has always delivered the promised speeds and been very reliable, and commercially, comcast is my most reliable and responsive carrier. Hands down, they have the best commercial NOC of anyone I deal with (I have 8 major carriers i have data circuits from).

They're great from that standpoint.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

whydirt posted:

Does anyone have experience convincing a traditional ISP to deliver service to a currently "out of area" residence? The house in question used to be very rural, but now is literally two doors down (500 feet away) from one that gets Comcast service and across the street from a brand new subdivision.
From the business side, we had to pay $200ish to get an AERIAL run across a state highway. If you want it buried, they're going to charge you a lot. It's probably $2k just to get the horizontal boring machine out of the garage.

• Locked thread