Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

You can tell that particular loud goliath is a bit too inebriated to properly think of an answer to Uthaori's question, but he takes offense to the latter part. "Bunch of city boys? Listen here sister, we are THE TITANS, the toughest gang of the city, got it? This here just our favorite drinking hole. You trying to start something with us huh?" he readies his fists and suddenly a purple field shimmers around them. Gideon instantly recognizes it as a sign of psionic abilities of some sort.

The rest of the gang is silent now, and a bit tense. The lone ogre gets up and picks his huge axe. A fellow goliath steps forward and pulls the loudmouth back, speaking to him. In Giant Language "Cut the poo poo Trok. Our shift at the den is gonna stars soon, Ridgebreak don't like when we come late!" The loudmouth is still in combat stance though.

Suddenly a shifter lady comes out of the door with an angry look on her face, glancing between both groups. The sleeping cat nearby suddenly wakes up and hurries inside the tavern.

"What in Khyber is going on now? Can't you boys drink in peace without getting into a fight for once?" She says, looking at the goliaths. She glances at the group now. "And you, outsiders. What brings you to Southwatch, of all places? I'm sure there are better places in Stormreach for you to go, we don't like your sort of adventurers around here..." She crosses her arms impatiently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Airdwyn

"We're just looking for someone. Friend of a friend. Sooner we find 'em, sooner we'll be out of your hair."

Airdwyn quickly flicks a finger at the grumbling goliaths before continuing.

"So you seem to know people around here. Might be you could point us in the right direction?"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"I don't make a habit of helping people who don't have the decency to introduce themselves before asking for anything. I'll be behind the counter when you're ready to talk properly. Anyone is welcome inside as long as you treat my guests and cats with respect." She turns around without waiting for an answer and heads back inside the tavern.

The loud goliath seems to have calmed down a bit and give up on the fight. The gang members put their weapons away and and are about to leave the place, not without casting a few hostile glances at the group.

What do you guys do now???

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

The dwarf makes a dismissive, farty noise with his mouth and shakes his head. "Ought to leave the diplomacy to the experts." He hunches down, picking up one of the cats and cradling it to his chest, petting it gently and making his way into the tavern, talking to the little purring ball of fur in soft tones, completely ignoring the goliath gang members.

Once inside the tavern, Nagaw lets the cat down gently and brushes fur from his armor, giving the keep a broad smile. "Sorry about outside there, miss. Name's Nagaw Hagaw; I can't recall if I've been to yer establishment before, and if I have, I hope it were a favorable visit. As you heard from me friend out there, we're lookin' for a sauced up half-elf who's late to work and needin' to lead a bunch of idiots like us on an expedition into the jungles. Happen to see any that might fit that bill?"

Diplomacy: 1d20+3 12

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gideon

... well, he told the barkeeper instead of the angry Titans. That's got to be good, right?

Gideon steps in after Nagaw and orders a round of drinks for the group. It's only polite, and it might grease the wheels. He's still thirsty anyway.

Aid another Diplomacy: 1d20+13 15

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adder Hawke

Forget the barkeep - Adder moseys on up to one of the more crowded tables, another group of weary, mercenary-looking folks. He takes the drink Gideon bought for him and clambers up onto their table, setting it down next to the leader with a small grin while the other men blink blearily at him.

"Hey, friend. Anyone come in talking about an expedition to Xen'drik? I'm looking for a half-elf, but lay any other info you got on me. Don't hurt to be prepared, right?" He chuckles to himself, grin widening. "The Hawkes will owe you one."

Streetwise: 1d20+12 13

(Wasn't sure if this should be streetwise or diplomacy. Then I rolled a 1! :v:)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.

Uthaori

Uthaori leans up against the outside tavern wall and crosses her arms as she watches the gang members get ready to leave. She waits a few moments for the rest of her party to start moving inside the tavern before she speaks up, in giant. "Hey Titans, mind if I reconsider? I'm getting sick of herding these shorties around all day long, the pay is pretty poo poo too. You guys on the other hand look pretty drat hard, I think the dwarf was about to wet himself." She shoots them a broad grin. "Rolling with you seems like it could be fun, if you tell me where that den of yours is I'll swing on by after I get my gold."

Bluff: 1d20+4 10 Sure are starting off strong here.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Mote

Mote steps into the tavern behind Nagaw, and looks around horrified at the display of sheer...

Mote is not sure if there is a word for what he's seeing, but he's not particularly in the mood to find out, this group could get themselves killed before they even get a single toe into the nastiness of Xen'drik's forests. If there was a way out of this, he was going to have to do something he really didn't want to do.

He was going to have to remember.
Diplomacy: Echoes of the Past (Dear god let this work): 2d20k1+6 26

The warforged's eyes dim for a moment, and when they come back they look.. different, just a slightly different shade of blue, just a little brighter, but what is most telling is the way he saunters up to the tavern's bar like an old friend returning home, swinging up onto a nearby chair. His voice sounds different too, just.. a little more personable.

"Oh don't mind the Dwarf, he's new in town, as if that weren't blindingly obvious. He means well though, I'm somewhat certain. But perhaps you can help us, we're looking for Kevkas, and I'm told they frequent this establishment?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

Nagaw scoffs, waving Mote away without so much as breaking eye and smile contact with the bartender. "If I'm new in this town, then you must be a real boy, Lurch. But rude as he is to interrupt, he's right on the elf's name, lass; he's late to work and we're here to collect."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 6, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bar Counter

Your efforts combined are enough to win the owner a bit, she still keeps her serious profile though. "Very well Mr. Hagaw, Mr. Lurch and friends, apology accepted. You may call me Harysh." she pauses. "I usually refrain from giving information about my costumers but I'm gonna make an exception since he might need the help. Kevkas is a regular around here, he had problems with dreamlily before but for months he was clean. The half-elf was excited for the Grand Expedition you mentioned and talked a lot about it here. But last time I heard about him he was spotted in the local drug den, off his mind like the rest of the addicts! I just don't understand... something must have happened to him..."

One of the Tables

The mercenary leader answers calmly. "Even if I knew I wouldn't care to tell you. Leave me and my men to drink in peace. The Hawkes's name don't mean nothing around here." Adder then notices the bar owner giving you the stink eye.

Outside the Tavern

The one that calmed down the loudmouth turns to you and stares at you for a few seconds. "Tsk, you caused some trouble before changing your mind though! Our leader will take a look at you to decide if you're true Titan material. So hurry up to get your gold! If you pass you're gonna pay the drat tab..." He gives you a very rough map of their location in Southwatch. "Just take care not to bother our, uh customers there or you'll regret it." The gang members finally leave for good.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 7, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adder Hawke

Adder huffs. The Hawkes weren't as respected as they were in their heyday - and with good reason, probably. Still, the implied insult makes him hop off the table before his anger gets the best of him.

"Suit yourself," he snorts, crossing his arms under his chest and, ahem, casually, adjusting his gold pouch, letting the coins jingle. "Shame you aren't willing to help, though. Guy I'm working for now pays in advance. Could have put in a good word for you boys."

Bluff: 1d20+5 22

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

Once again, Nagaw shoots Mote a fairly smug expression, before turning back and inclining his head respectfully to the shifter. "Thank you, Ms. Harysh. It's much appreciated. Would you happen to know which den he's in? We can make our way down and haul him back to the land of the sober."

Nagaw pauses, scratching his chin in thought. Did he know the dark underside of Stormreach well enough to suss out for himself where there might be a dream lily den? Did he even know what dream lily WAS, beyond a really foppish name for a drug?

Streetwise: 1d20+3 4

No. No he did not. The only thing that springs to mind is a plant nursery on the east side, but he's pretty sure they only sold normal lilies and didn't have an underground basement for people to get high out of their loving minds on illegal narcotics.

Did they? Nagaw hrms, furrowing his brow as he continues to mentally chase the lead while he waits for Harysh's response.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mote

As Nagaw turns to walk away he quickly finds Mote's foot tripping him up.
"Oh dear, I'm so sorry Dwarf, but you know me, so slow and plodding, there's no way I could have moved my foot in time." He pauses to let the next two words linger "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Welllllllllllllllllll."

He shoots the dwarf something that could pass for a wicked smirk before turning to walk towards Gideon.

"Psion, our target is probably nose deep in a Dreamlily den, and I'm betting you can find it."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gideon

"Dreamlily is bad, mind-burning stuff", Gideon replies, shaking his head sadly. "So many herbs and resins exist that free the mind, and people flock to one that shackles it. Just another of the invisible battlefields... but yes, I can find it, and discreetly too, though it takes a little time. And perhaps you can help me - guide the right sort of spirits towards me while I listen, ward off bad ones, I'm sure you know how it works. Maybe we can even find a more secluded space." Gideon weighs his satchel of herbs and resins. At this rate he's going to have to see if the proprietors of this drug den have anything less mind-burning on offer to get topped up before the party leaves.

Seek Rumor is a ritual that lets me make an Arcana check in place of Streetwise, at the cost of setting the DC 5 higher. It reveals only what Streetwise would. One potential advantage is that we won't tip anyone off by asking around, although by RAW, it also takes half an hour. And of course, Mote or anyone else can Aid with an Arcana check of their own.

Arcana (Seek Rumor): 1d20+16 19
Ouch. Components must've gone bad or something.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Uthaori

"No need to bother the spirits." Uthaori walks up with a smug expression on her face and slams down a piece of paper on a table. "On a hunch I had a little chat with our new Titan friends, turns out they are holed up in a den nearby. Right here." She places a finger on the crude map. "Their shift is just about to start and I secured myself an invitation, but I'm getting the feeling that they might be a bit upset if we all show up and bother their customers. Guess I could go in and see if our target is there or we could all just bust the door down. Or something inbetween. What do you guys think?"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gideon

Gideon's hand stops halfway to his nose and carefully puts the colorful beetle back in the satchel. Lucky, little buddy. This time.

"Wait, they had a psion with them. And now they're in with the dreamlily den? I hope this is coincidence." He thinks for a second. "Actually, the less dreamlily around, the better in any case. If only for spiritual reasons, I vote we bust the place. But smartly."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

One of the Tables

The leader raises his eyebrow at the mention of more gold and spends some time thinking, before glancing at his own very weary-looking men. "...I believe you, but we are not interested in another job so soon. Our last one was harrowing to say the least and we're taking it easy for now. Now, I would really loving like if you let us drink in peace."

Bar Counter

Harysh shakes her head. "I know a den exists in Southwatch, but no idea where."

When Uthaori enters the tavern with the correct location she can't help but smile. "Well, there you go! Still, something doesn't feel right. The Titans are not subtle and smart enough to run an operation like that on their own. They do extortion, robbery and intimidation and that's it." she pauses "In any case, best of luck in your search."

So you guys now know where the drug den and there's a high chance Kevkas is there. How do you approach it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gideon

"So they're someone's muscle. I like this less and less. I've seen this sort of thing before and it... wasn't good." The false priest and his terrible church, guarded by zealots and hiding his Somnambulist Soldiers until the planned takeover... Gideon takes a drink. "Let's see if we can't figure out what's behind this drug den and take it down. I know it's not our job right now, but it's on the way, and so closely connected that it's got to be some sort of sign. If no one else, then Karma will pay us, not that they aren't likely to have something stashed away. And I'm not talking about the dreamlily."

"Still, if we can find out what we're getting into in advance, the better. And I know a trick for that, too", he finishes, cracking a half-smile.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Adder Hawke

"Fair enough," Adder shrugs, reaching into his coin purse and leaning up to drop some change onto the table. "Buy yourself another round and take it easy. Had my fair share of poo poo jobs."

With that, he leaves the men to drink in peace and walks over to the bar counter to rejoin the rest of the party, clambering up onto one of the stools. His ears perk up as he listens.

"Maybe we are talking about the dreamlily. Not for us, but maybe for someone else? No drug laws in xen'drik, we could barter a little with it. Drows ain't likely to stab us if they're spaced out."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Uthaori

Not smart enough to run it themselves? Yeah, that didn't seem so hard to believe, but what about that guy? "I overheard a name too, they were working for some guy named Ridgebreak. Does that ring any bells, barkeep?" Uthaori remembers the scolding the Airdwyn received outside and adds a hasty introduction. "Name's Uthaori by the way."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

"That would be Jamraal Ridgebreak, Miss Uthaori. That's the leader of the Titans, he's a goliath just like you. Claims to be descendant from an ancient Stone Giant lineage that once ruled these lands, and from his brutality and combat prowess, one can almost believe it."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

Nagaw has no issue with Mote's extended foot, stepping on it and over it with ease*. "Well, we know where it is and we know what we need from it, what in the hells are we waiting for?! Let's get out there and show 'em what happens when you drug our half-elf jungle guide!" The dwarf hefts his axe over his head with a laugh before heading towards the door, pausing as he grabs the handle to look at everyone behind him.

"Daylight's burnin', ladies and gentlemen and animated artificial bein'! Hurry up and let's take a bite out of crime and then punch crime until it cries!"

*Earth Walk means any obstruction made of stone does not count as difficult terrain for Nagaw. Like Mote's foot. :v:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Metal and Wood, mostly. Very little stone.

Mote

"You do realize our guide is probably there of his own free will? It's a damned drug den, not an addiction cartel."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

"Pffft. He was clean for months. You don't just get your life straight and then decide one day months later, on whimsy, "My life is going good! I'm going to get completely blottered on the very substance that ruined my life to begin with! This is an intelligent thing I am doing with no coercion or influence outside of me own will!"" Nagaw snorts, resting his axe on his shoulder.

"They're thugs, we know it because they drat well told us as much. They've got someone pullin' the strings above 'em; we know that by how dumb they were. It's the classic drug ring scheme!" He looks around the room for support on this fact, since surely someone had to be following his train of logic. "Don't any of you lot read books?!"

Yeah it was mostly a joke. :v: I dunno what warforged are made of; could be a giant poo golem for all I know. But I think the feat actually says anything manmade so that counts? Not that there will ever be a time I have to consider Mote actual terrain.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gideon

"Nagaw is right - there is little free will where the dreamlily is concerned. There are forces who like nothing more than to keep the minds of those they seek to govern under lock and key, and the lily is a potent tool. That's why I object to bartering with it as well, nothing good can come of that. Using the enemies' tools inevitably furthers their goals. Bad enough that so many trade with the stuff unaware of these things. On the other hand, if you put your mind to it, you can turn almost any tool against its creator. Now that might be worthwhile..."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Uthaori

"A goliath just like me you say?" Uthaori scowls and shakes her head in disagreement. "Hell no. I'd never abuse my strength to prey on the weak like that scumbag and his followers."

She gives Nagaw a brisk nod. "I'm done standing around, let's come crashing in on their den like a tidal wave and get our guide out of there, whether he's there willingly or not. Then we bring the house down on Ridgebreak's head on the way out."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

With the objective set out, the group makes says farewell to the helpful bar owner and exits the The Ship's Cat.

Following the rough map given to Uthaori is actually a bit difficult on how badly it was made, but you eventually manage as you find the street with a building row with the wall of the Marketplace behind it. You don't spot many souls walking around this part of Southwatch, and the few that walk around appear a bit shady.

In a small alley you find a building that fits the description of the drug den, made more obvious by the huge ogre and a couple of the goliaths guarding the entrance. Besides the bolted shut windows, the place is actually in good condition.

You walk towards the place and the Titans ready themselves as they spot and recognize you. The one that gave the map to Uthaori has a face of extreme anger as realization slowly dawns on him. "You backstabbing bitch! You're all gonna regret this! AT THEM TITANS!"

pre:
INITIATIVE
Nagaw
Airdwyn
Mote 
Titan Bruisers (Colored Picture)
Uthaori
Adder
Gideon
Titan Ogre
Titan Monks (Black/White Picture)
pre:
Titan Bruiser 70 HP
AC 23 Fort 21 Ref 20 Will 20

Titan Monk 60 HP
AC 22 Fort 20 Ref 21 Will 22

Titan Ogre 90 HP
AC 21 Fort 24 Ref 19 Will 20
Nagaw, Mote and Airdwyn are up! Posting order!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 10, 2016

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mote

"Fantastic, we're already making friends."

Mote bounds over Adder, muttering something in a language unheard in centuries. Grey mist seems to seep out of him obscuring his form from view.

Move: to 8F
Minor: Curse 6D
Standard: Hand of Blight vs Fortitude w/Fel Might: 1d20+14 30 3d8+7 20

He forms a ball of inky blackness in his hand and hurls it at the nearest Goliath sapping away at his defenses and leaving him open as he fights against the waves of corruption seeping across his body.

Goliath bruiser 6D takes 20 Necrotic and Psychic damage Grants Combat Advantage, and has Vulnerable 5 (decreasing by 1 with each hit taken) until EOMNT

pre:
Mote
HP: 73/73		AC:   24    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 11/11 (V: 18)	For:  22    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:  24    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 19    Fell Might: 0/1

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Blast		[X][ ] Guidance of the Past	[ ] Ashen Scourge
Hand of Blight		[ ] Mythical Recall		[ ] Vestige of Xandor
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of the Onyx Queen
			[ ] Second Wind		 
			[ ] Cruel Bounty		[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty
			[ ] Vestige's Calamity		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[ ] Fey Switch			[ ]Command Circlet
			[ ] Hero's Arrow		[ ]Guardian's Whistle

[ ] Blackleaf Gloves		
Conditionals/Resists:
+2 all defenses against enemies I have cursed
+1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from further than 5 squares away
If I end my turn 3 squares away from where I started it, I gain concealment until EOMNT
After a cursed enemy dies, the next ally who hits an enemy curses it, 
  or deals 8 additional damage if it is already cursed by me

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 10, 2016

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

During the trip over, Nagaw is bristling with excitement. He'd been looking forward to a fight for awhile now, and there was positively no way that a gang was going to invite them for tea and biscuits after being insulted and screwed around with. Nagaw would have eaten his eyepatch if that were the case.

Of course, when he arrives and sees the gargantuan ogre in the back, the dwarf's face splits with a grin. "Dibs on the big ugly one in the back!" He laughs, whirling his axe over his head as he sprints in full tilt, his eyes glinting with glee. "LOOK OUT! I'M AN IDIOT!"

Nagaw charges clear past one of the goliath gang members, lashing his axe out as he does should the gang member attempt to hit him; he crashes into the ogre's leg, burying the axe with a crunch. "C'mon, big boy! Why don't you fight someone with an ego your size?!"

Minor: Combat Challenge the Brusier at 6D.
Charging the Ogre. Move will end at E5. I am using Punishing Charge. If the Bruiser at 6D takes an attack of opportunity on me as I move past, he will take 5 damage, plus 5 for vulnerability. If he shifts or attacks without me as a target, I get to punch him as an interrupt, which will be at +15 to hit and do 1d12+28 damage, which is including Vulnerable 5 and Combat Advantage, as well as Battlerager Vigor and Mantle of Impulsiveness.

Punishing Charge vs AC 21: 1d20+13 29 1d12+13 14

My axe has Brutal 2, so I reroll the damage until it's higher than 2.
Brutal 2 Reroll: 1d12 1 COME ON

Brutal 2 Reroll: 1d12 8 + 13, so I deal 21 damage to the Ogre. e: Wol's thingy also gives me +3 damage, so 24 damage total to the Ogre

Also, due to Battlerager Vigor, I gain 5 temporary hit points; due to having temp HP, I gain +2 on all damage rolls.

pre:
Nagaw Hagaw
HP: 83/83 (+1 Temp)	AC:   24    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 14/14 (V: 20)	For:  24    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +6		Ref:  29    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 17    

Wicked Strike		[ ] DR/Second Wind		[ ] Knee Breaker
Crushing Surge		[X] Punishing Charge		[ ] Boundless Endurance
Combat Agility		[ ] Crushing Blow		[ ] Cometfall Charge
			[ ] Unbreakable			[ ] Terrifying Impact
			[ ] Savage Parry
							[ ] Opportunistic Weapon
							[X] Bracers of Defense
							[ ] Gauntlets of Ogre Power
							[ ] Cannith Goggles

Conditionals/Resists:
If you take damage from a melee attack, you gain a +1 item bonus to all defenses
 until the start of your next turn.
+5 to Saving Throws against Psychic Damage
+2 to Temporary HP gained from Invigorating attacks
+5 Temporary HP on every melee attack that hits in addition to any other HP gained
+5 additional Temporary HP if an Invigorating attack misses
+2 damage while you have Temporary HP
+5 damage to Opportunity Attack damage with two-handed weapons
+5 damage to Opportunity Attack damage with axes
+3 damage to all attack rolls until SoMNT

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 10, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Even while still reeling from the corruption spell cast by the Mote, the bruiser manages to slash Nagaw as he charges past him. The quick punishing riposte from the dwarf affects him even further as he screams in pain.

Bruiser OA vs AC: 1d20+13 31 1d12+9 19 Damage to Nagaw

Bruiser D6 suffers 10 Damage and now has Vulnerable 4, he's at 40 HP

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Using the Interrupt on my Bracers of Defense, reducing the damage by 10. I also gain another 5 temp HP for hitting him with a melee attack, so I take 9 damage and have 1 temp HP left. :v: Updating my sheet to reflect that in the previous post.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Airdwyn

When she hears the goliaths' challenge, Airdwyn grins predatorily. "Finally! I was wondering when you'd stop wagging your drat tongues and throw down! Well, now that you've done me the favour of starting the fight...let me pay you back by finishing it."

Stepping out from behind Uthaori, Airdwyn breaks into a run toward the goliath Mote did his magic stuff to. The momentum of her charge takes her blade into and through the poor tall bastard's thigh, and Airdwyn lets loose a fearsome war cry for one of such small stature. Yanking her weapon from the goliath's leg, Airdwyn can see her allies' faces as she whirls around. They can all feel it. Her readiness. Her eagerness. Her joy for violence! The goliath in front of her can feel it too, and she can feel his hesitation in return. He knows he dare not try any fancy moves, not with her watching and waiting. Blood is the only language they will speak now.

Minor Action: Vanguard Weapon! If I hit with a charge, fun stuff happens...
Standard Action: Charge! to 7E. Using ILB as MBA; +16 vs. AC: target 6D Bruiser [+CA] (34, hit!) The Bruiser takes 23 + vulnerable 4 = 27 damage and can't shift UEoMNT.

Vanguard Weapon power activates! All allies within 10 squares get +1 to attack rolls and +5 to damage rolls USoMNT.

pre:
Airdwyn
HP: 68/68 (0 THP)	AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)	For:  22    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +6		Ref:  20    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 5		Will: 23    Power Points: 6/6

Intent Laid Bare	[ ] Second Wind		        [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Unnerving Shove		[ ] Surprise Strike		[ ] Invitation to Defeat
Rewarding Strike	[ ] Second Chance		[ ] Feast of Despair
Acrobat Boots		[ ][ ] Ardent Surge		[X] Vanguard Weapon
			[ ] Ardent Eruption
                        [ ] Happy Feet
                        [ ] Escalating Fury

Conditionals/Resists:
Mantle of Impulsiveness: When an ally within 5 squares is targeted by an opportunity
attack, they get a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of their turn.
Mantle of Impulsiveness: The target of Ardent Surge gains +2 speed UEoMNT.
Resourceful Leader: When an ally you can see spends an action point to attack, they 
get +3 to damage rolls on a hit or 3 temp HP on a miss.
Vanguard Weapon: +1d8 damage on a charge.
Ebon Armour: Resist 7 necrotic.
Ebon Armour: When an adjacent enemy dies, gain 5 temp HP.
Power Conditionals

Item Powers:
Vanguard Weapon: (Minor, Daily) If you hit with a charge attack this turn, all allies within 10
get +1 to attack rolls and +5 to damage rolls USoMNT.
Acrobat Boots: (Minor, At-Will) Stand up from prone.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

After Airdwyn's vicious attack the goliath is almost literally on its last legs, struggling to not fall down. Enraged, he tries to cut up the dwarf that started it all, but the armor takes the blow.

Titan Slash vs AC Nagaw: 1d20+13+2 22 MISS

The gang member nearest to this brawl positions himself and advances against the halfling, managing to sink his serrated axe and cause an ugly gash in her shoulder.

Titan Slash vs AC Airdwyn: 1d20+13+2 26 2d8+8 18 Damage. Plus 5 ongoing damage (save ends).

On the other side of the battle, one of the gang members looks at what the warlock did to one of his mates and decides to put him down, charging and aiming to hack at Mote. However, Uthaori dives in just in time to toss the warforged back and block the blow, returning a riposte with gusto!

Titan Slash vs AC Uthaori: 1d20+13+2-2 24 MISS!

Uthaori Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+14+1 30 1d10+9+5 15 Damage!

The way Nagaw recklessly advanced towards the Ogre seems to have infuriated the remaining bruiser, and he charges towards him. The dwarf withstands the blow with ease, as it doesn't penetrate his armor yet again.

Titan Slash vs AC Nagaw: 1d20+13+2 18 MISS

pre:
INITIATIVE
Nagaw
Airdwyn
Mote 
Uthaori
Adder
Gideon
Titan Ogre
pre:
Titan Bruiser 70 HP

D6 - 13/70 HP Vulnerable 3, CA
G8 - 55/70 HP

Titan Monk 60 HP

Titan Ogre 66/90 HP
Uthaori, Adder, Gideon are up! Posting order!

e: Uthaori used her Guardian thingie as an Interrupt so I edited the Mote attack/map position

frajaq fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jan 10, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gideon

Seeing Nagaw in a tight spot, Gideon concentrates on the wounded goliath until he finds his mind pattern, drawing upon the power of the mystic thread woven into his shirt to push hard with his own mind and shut his thinking down for... well, a good long while. 19 damage, and I knock him unconscious.

The left goliath hears a voice in his head. <Hey, you should help your boss.> Before he even knows it he hurries over towards the ogre - and Nagaw. Gideon figures the dwarf is better equipped to handle his proximity.

Standard: Mind Thrust vs Will (Bruiser D6): 1d20+12 16 1d10+9 16
Free: Irrefutable Armor reroll with +2: 1d20+14 23
Minor: Distract Monk C4, slide to E4 and he grants combat advantage to the next creature that attacks it until the end of my next turn

pre:
Gideon
HP: 58/58		AC:   21    Passive Insight: 18
Surges: 8/8 (V: 14)	For:  19    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5		Ref:  22    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 25    

Mind Thrust		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Telepathic Projection
Betrayal		[ ] Cast Fortune		[ ] Clairvoyance
Ego Whip		[ ] Bastion of M. Clarity	[ ] Hypnotic Pulse
			[X][ ] Distract			[ ] Mind Blast
PP: 6			[ ][ ] Send Thoughts
			[ ] Insightful Warning		[ ] Staff of the Temporal Juggler
							[X] Irrefutable Armor

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 9 psychic
Start of turn: make a saving throw against any dazed/dominated effect (Dual Soul)
Start of turn: if dazed or stunned, make a saving throw to end the effect even if not (save ends) (Superior Will)

Triggers:
Enemy hits or misses me vs. Will: Bastion of Mental Clarity (+4 Will for me and all allies in burst 5, EoMNT)
Creature I can see makes attack roll for close/area attack that includes me as target: Insightful Warning (+2 all for all targets, this attack)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Uthaori

Uthaori glares at the goliath that tried to hack a chunk out of Mote. "The hell do you think you're doing." She takes a step back towards Airdwyn and looks over to the goliath that struck her. "And you!" She summons a strong gust of wind that throws him off balance, pushing him into her reach where she strikes him over the arm with her hammer. "If you've got issues with the backstabbing bitch then come on already." She takes up a defensive stance and flexes her muscles until they are as hard as granite. "I'll take all of you brittle city boys on!"

Move: Shift to F7.
Standard: Thorn Strike vs D7 Bruiser AC: 1d20+14+1 33, Hit! 1d10+9+5 17 Damage and the bruiser is pulled to E6.
Free: Nature's Wrath. All enemies adjacent to me are marked by me UEoMNT.
Minor: Stone's Endurance. I gain resist all damage 5 and (Guard of Stone feat) each enemy marked by me takes an additional -5 penalty to attacks that don't target me UEoMNT.

pre:
Uthaori
HP: 93/93		AC:   26    Passive Insight: 17
Surges: 14/14 (V: 23)	For:  23    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +5		Ref:  20    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 20

Thorn Strike		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Form of Winter's Herald
Weight of Earth		[X] Guardian's Counter		[ ] Form of the Oak Sentinel
Warden's Fury		[X] Stone's Endurance		[ ] Soothing Wind
Warden's Grasp		[ ] Gale Strike			[ ] Boiling Cloud
Acrobat Boots		[ ] Rough Strike		
			[ ] Expulsion			[ ] Lifefont Hide Armor
			[ ] Guardian Form Attack			

Conditionals
+1 to Opportunity Attack rolls
Slow enemies hit by Opportunity Attacks
+5 Damage when I slow or immobilize an enemy with a weapon attack
+5 Damage when in Guardian Form
I gain Combat Advantage against slowed or immobilized targets.
Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone with weapon attacks
+1 to the numbers of squares I push or slide targets with weapon attacks.
+2 additional bonus to all defenses when taking second wind or total defense actions
Can spend 2 healing surges when using second wind while bloodied.

Item Powers
Lifefont Hide Armor: (Daily, No action) Trigger: Start of my turn
	Make a saving throw against each save ends effect with Font of Life instead of just one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A fight is exactly what Adder was hoping for. Unslinging his blade, he hops from one foot to the other as a little warmup, then charges right past the fray to tangle with the one monk that has yet to really join the fight. "Here I am, you big bastard!" He calls as he leaps into the air and slashes across the man's gut... Only to swear as the hit goes wide. "Dammit!"

Minor: Berserker's charge, +2 to attack rolls and +2 to speed during a charge.
Move: Charge to K5.
Standard: Charge attack @ J4, Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+18 21 1d10+14 23

(Accidentally read the Ogre's AC instead of the monk's, ignore that power strike roll.)

pre:
Adder Hawke
HP: 76/76		AC:   25    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 10/10 (V: 19)	For:  14    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5		Ref:  20    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 18    

Shifty		        [ ] Second Wind			 [ ] Couters of Second Chances
Berserker's Charge	[ ] Takedown Strike	         [ ]Reflexive Armor
Mobile Blade	        [ ] Hydra Charge
Pass Forward	        [ ] Ignore Weakness
Battle Wrath	        [ ] Power Strike x2
Acrobat Boots		

Conditionals/Resists:
+1 to all saving throws
+2 to damage rolls against bloodied targets
+1 to opportunity attack rolls
Charging doesn't provoke opportunity attacks

Triggers:
When an enemy targets me with a reflex attack, I can make them target my AC instead. This is a daily, so I'll say when I want to prepare to use it. Just a heads up.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The ogre is understandably pissed at the dwarf slashing his leg, and swiftly answers with a brutal blow of his giant ogre axe, almost hitting Nagaw with full force but he avoids it.

Encounter Power! Sundering Blow vs AC Nagaw: 1d20+14 23 MISS. Ignore the +2 to the roll, he wasn't being flanked anymore.

The monk manipulated by Gideon looks very confused for a second but quickly returns to his senses, assuming an aggressive stance and going for a brutal kick to the dwarf's head that leaves his ears ringing. The monk uses his powerful goliath muscles to leap away.

Minor Action: Titan Fury Stance +5 power bonus to attacks.
Head Kick vs Ref Nagaw: 1d20+13+2 19 1d12+11+5 22 Damage. Target is Dazed USoMNT
Move Action: Leap to B7

After the monk gets brutally slashed from Adder's attack he focuses on his fury from the pain and retaliates with a lightning kick to the head, the little kobold is quicker however and avoids it. Not wanting to get skewered like before he takes a deep breath and focuses on his defense now instead.

Minor Action: Titan Fury Stance +5 power bonus to attacks.
Head Kick vs Ref Adder: 1d20+13 17 MISS!
Minor Action: Titan Steel Stance Resist 5

pre:
INITIATIVE
Nagaw
Airdwyn
Mote 
Uthaori
Adder
Gideon
Titan Ogre
pre:
Titan Bruiser 70 HP

G8 - 55/70 HP Marked Uthaori -7
F6 - Marked Uthaori -7
E6 - 53/70 HP Cursed, Marked Uthaori -7

Titan Monk 60 HP

B7 - CA against
J4 - 32/60 HP Resist 5

Titan Ogre 66/90 HP

Marked Nagaw
Nagaw, Airdwyn, Mote are up! Posting order!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Mote

With the dying embers of the Goliath's consciousness Mote smiles, scanning the battlefield.

"Good show young Kobold, but I do believe that you can do better. Feel free to try again."

With a puff of gray mist, he and Adder switch places, and before the monk can react Mote drives his gauntlet of a hand deep into the monk's ribs, spreading more of the black corruption to him as well.

Move: Fey Switch, Adder and Mote switch places, Concealment remains.
Minor: Curse J4.
Standard: Hand of Blight vs Fortitude w/Fel Might @ J4: 1d20+14 29 1d8+2d8r1+7 20
+5 from Airdwynn and resist 5 cancel eachother out, J4 takes 20 Necrotic and Psychic damage Grants Combat Advantage, and has Vulnerable 5 (decreasing by 1 with each hit taken) until EOMNT

pre:
Mote
HP: 73/73		AC:   24    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 11/11 (V: 18)	For:  22    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +4		Ref:  24    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 19    Fell Might: 0/1

Eldritch Blast		[X][ ] Guidance of the Past	[ ] Ashen Scourge
Hand of Blight		[ ] Mythical Recall		[ ] Vestige of Xandor
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of the Onyx Queen
			[ ] Second Wind		 
			[ ] Cruel Bounty		[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty
			[ ] Vestige's Calamity		[ ] Flame Bracers
			[X] Fey Switch			[ ]Command Circlet
			[ ] Hero's Arrow		[ ]Guardian's Whistle

[ ] Blackleaf Gloves		
Conditionals/Resists:
+2 all defenses against enemies I have cursed
+1 to all defenses against ranged attacks from further than 5 squares away
If I end my turn 3 squares away from where I started it, I gain concealment until EOMNT
After a cursed enemy dies, the next ally who hits an enemy curses it, 
  or deals 8 additional damage if it is already cursed by me

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
When the goliath next to me dies, I gain 5 THP...and immediately lose it to the ongoing damage I'm about to take.
Immediate Action: At the start of Mote's turn, I'll activate Happy Feet to shift 2 squares to C9.

Airdwyn

The goliaths all turn their heads to watch when Mote does his little teleporting trick, and Airdwyn takes advantage of the opening to dance away from the crowd. She manages to get behind the monk who'd had the same idea just a moment earlier.

"Hey, jackass. You can do whatever you want to the dwarf emotionally, but that palm-fisty crap is strictly-"

Airdwyn jams the butt of her weapon painfully into the monk's beltline-

"-OFF LIMITS!"

With far more force than such a blow had any right to deliver, the monk goes flying right into Uthaori's flank.

"Don't think I'm done with you!"

Move Action: Walk to A8.
Standard Action: Unnerving Shove (+2 PP, Fear effect); +15 vs. Fort: target B7 Monk (34, hit!) The Monk takes 19 damage and I push it 4 squares to E7. Uthaori gets CA against it for an unspecified duration (I assume UEoMNT).

Saving Throw against ongoing damage: 18

pre:
Airdwyn
HP: 50/68 (0 THP)	AC:   25    Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 10/10 (V: 17)	For:  22    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +6		Ref:  20    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 5		Will: 23    Power Points: 4/6

Intent Laid Bare	[ ] Second Wind		        [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Unnerving Shove		[ ] Surprise Strike		[ ] Invitation to Defeat
Rewarding Strike	[ ] Second Chance		[ ] Feast of Despair
Acrobat Boots		[ ][ ] Ardent Surge		[X] Vanguard Weapon
			[ ] Ardent Eruption
                        [X] Happy Feet
                        [ ] Escalating Fury

Conditionals/Resists:
Bold: +5 to saving throws against fear.
Nimble Reaction: +2 racial bonus to AC against OAs.
Heavy Blade Expertise: +2 to all defenses against OAs.
Mantle of Impulsiveness: When an ally within 5 squares is targeted by an opportunity
attack, they get a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of their turn.
Mantle of Impulsiveness: The target of Ardent Surge gains +2 speed UEoMNT.
Resourceful Leader: When an ally you can see spends an action point to attack, they 
get +3 to damage rolls on a hit or 3 temp HP on a miss.
Vanguard Weapon: +1d8 damage on a charge.
Ebon Armour: Resist 7 necrotic.
Ebon Armour: When an adjacent enemy dies, gain 5 temp HP.
Power Conditionals

Item Powers:
Vanguard Weapon: (Minor, Daily) If you hit with a charge attack this turn, all allies within 10
get +1 to attack rolls and +5 to damage rolls USoMNT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nagaw Hagaw

The dwarf reels from the kick to his noggin, shaking his head and blinking away the blurriness. The damned goliath had learned the one weakness he had, and it was getting kicked in the head really loving hard. Nagaw had so far weaved between axe swings, parried and ducked monstrous blows, and had attacks simply skid off his armor, but now he was kicked in his hair.

And frankly, that made him mad. "Alright, that tears it! I'm not havin' any of that fancy leapin' around like a monkey garbage! You're gonna drat well sit still and let me put my axe in you!" Looking around to find the monk in his fury, Nagaw realizes the pickle he's put himself into, and snorts; even as he was getting angry, he was getting surrounded by more of the Titans. "Alright, clear out!" He wheels around, raising his axe over his head, pausing for dramatic effect as a glint of light moves along the blade of the axe.

Nagaw brings the axe down with all of his might into the ground, cracking the earth before whipping the blade back around in a horrifying chop into the ogre's midsection. The force of the impact with the ground is enough to send the goliaths surrounding him staggering backwards. The dwarf turns on his heel, yanking the axe free and grinning cruelly at the goliaths.

"Yer move, creep."

Terrifying Impact vs AC: 1d20+15 16 2d12+13 23 Half damage due to miss, so 12 damage.
Terrifying Impact Secondary vs Will 20: 1d20+14 32 1d20+14 29 1d20+14 33

The bruisers at E6, E7, and F6 are pushed one square. E6 moves to E7, E7 moves to D7, and F6 moves to G5. The ogre is still marked by me.

pre:
Nagaw Hagaw
HP: 62/83 (+14 Temp)	AC:   24    Passive Insight: 14
Surges: 14/14 (V: 20)	For:  24    Passive Perception: 16
Initiative: +6		Ref:  29    Action Points: 1/1
Speed: 6		Will: 17    

Wicked Strike		[ ] DR/Second Wind		[ ] Knee Breaker
Crushing Surge		[X] Punishing Charge		[ ] Boundless Endurance
Combat Agility		[ ] Crushing Blow		[ ] Cometfall Charge
			[ ] Unbreakable			[X] Terrifying Impact
			[ ] Savage Parry
							[ ] Opportunistic Weapon
							[X] Bracers of Defense
							[ ] Gauntlets of Ogre Power
							[ ] Cannith Goggles

Conditionals/Resists:
If you take damage from a melee attack, you gain a +1 item bonus to all defenses
 until the start of your next turn.
+5 to Saving Throws against Psychic Damage
+2 to Temporary HP gained from Invigorating attacks
+5 Temporary HP on every melee attack that hits in addition to any other HP gained
+5 additional Temporary HP if an Invigorating attack misses
+2 damage while you have Temporary HP
+5 damage to Opportunity Attack damage with two-handed weapons
+5 damage to Opportunity Attack damage with axes
+3 damage to all attack rolls until Ardent's turn

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 11, 2016

• Locked thread