Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man that last season of That 70's Show was super bad and it's a shame that the shittiest Spider-Man movie and probably The Butterfly Effect are the reasons that show died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XanyPq5BcoA

:toot:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I can't say I particularly enjoyed 2016 Wipe. It was just such a relenting year that another 40 minutes of Trump and Brexit and celebrity death needed to be the funniest thing ever written, and it was only ok.

Cunk and Shitpeas were fun, and I enjoyed Cunk on Christmas enough.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'm enjoying the second season of Letterkenny.

You should all watch Letterkenny.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also it was really odd but kinda cool how Fez and Jackie were the main characters of that final season

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

THF13 posted:

Sense8 has a lot of highs and lows. There's an overarching plot that involves a huge government/corporate conspiracy that isn't particularly well done but there are also individual stories for each of the 8 main characters. The story arcs for the African bus driver and the gay Mexican movie star in particular were absolutely fantastic.

I think it's worth watching despite the clumsy overarching plot for the individual stories and the cinematography. It's filmed in 8 totally different parts of the world and they do a beautiful job showing them off.

Lito and Hernando and Daniela are awesome, and the museum speech that Lito gives to Nomi about his first date/meeting with Hernando is my favorite scene in the first season.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

Also it was really odd but kinda cool how Fez and Jackie were the main characters of that final season

To be fair, they were the best actors the show ever had (bar Eric's parents)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

To be fair, they were the best actors the show ever had (bar Eric's parents)

They really were. Laura Prepon always looked on the verge of bursting out laughing and Danny Masterson was just whatever
Randy is awful and I hate him and I wish the water tower had been named after him in memoriam instead of that Charlie guy

It's really funny how much they poo poo on Eric all throughout that last season

What's Mila Kunis up to these days anyway other than probably being gorgeous

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

They really were. Laura Prepon always looked on the verge of bursting out laughing and Danny Masterson was just whatever
Randy is awful and I hate him and I wish the water tower had been named after him in memoriam instead of that Charlie guy

It's really funny how much they poo poo on Eric all throughout that last season

What's Mila Kunis up to these days anyway other than probably being gorgeous

Family Guy and banging Ashton Kutcher

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Baby, Jupiter Ascending, Bad Moms, another baby.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Good for her for her babies but yikes on the other two awful decisions

Danny Masterson is probably the guy who has nothing going on right?

Why is this last season trying so hard to enamor us with Randy? Everybody loves him and wants to be with him and he's written as the best guy ever but man it feels so forced and it's lame

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He actually has a Netflix sitcom with Kutcher.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

Danny Masterson is probably the guy who has nothing going on right?

He has Xenu

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I can't say I particularly enjoyed 2016 Wipe. It was just such a relenting year that another 40 minutes of Trump and Brexit and celebrity death needed to be the funniest thing ever written, and it was only ok.

I don't think Brooker could top his HIGNFY summary: https://youtu.be/Iw-0V7wgwTQ?t=1m

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
So I found out that there's a Rome show on Netflix that stars Sean Bean. Anyone seen it?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Rarity posted:

Ok friends this is your final reminder to get your lists in for TV IV's Poll of 2016! Voting has been extended to the end of January 2nd so there's still over 3 days to get your picks in! Get involved, you'll have a ton of fun! That's a Rarity Guarantee!*

Fun is defined as including but not limited to spontaneous smiling, light giggling, the sense of gratification when your favourite show wins, laughing at people picking anime, the schadenfreude of Toxxupation's anger as a show he hates ranks seconds, insulting Zaggitz, mild indifference and the dawning realisation that all rankings are meaningless in their subjectivity as we're all on a cold rock hurtling through space on a trajectory that inevitably leads into the sun
Thank goodness for the extension. Not because I'm trying to marathon shows out my butt or anything but I like the extra time to collect my thoughts on a show to see if they even feel like should be on my top whatever-list.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bruceski posted:

I don't think Brooker could top his HIGNFY summary: https://youtu.be/Iw-0V7wgwTQ?t=1m

I honestly can't remember the last time I really cared for HIGNFY, although I'm sure there's some gold in there at least once a year. It just feels a bit sad that they're all still there*

*except Angus.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I liked it well enough but this is a better summary of the year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oeaHOzuQbM

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There's few internet video people I dislike more than Jonathan Pie, but I guess I avoid most of the truly bad ones.

In typical Showtime fashion, Homeland 6x01 has 'leaked'... let's see where this year takes us.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Man the actor that plays David in Travelers could have hosed it up so much. That's a finely threaded needle he has to hit.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Thanks The OA. Now I want a chicken sandwich made by a blind girl.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EL BROMANCE posted:

I honestly can't remember the last time I really cared for HIGNFY, although I'm sure there's some gold in there at least once a year. It just feels a bit sad that they're all still there*

*except Angus.

Is it a dolphin in a bathtub?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EL BROMANCE posted:

There's few internet video people I dislike more than Jonathan Pie, but I guess I avoid most of the truly bad ones.

In typical Showtime fashion, Homeland 6x01 has 'leaked'... let's see where this year takes us.

I can't believe that show is still on.

The last thing I saw Carrie was in Germany(?) for some reason with her dumb idiot baby and i forget anything else because I stopped even trying to watch it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That was last season.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Even Brooker on Twitter said he really had no idea how to make this year funny. He did a pretty good job though all things considered.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

apatheticman posted:

Man the actor that plays David in Travelers could have hosed it up so much. That's a finely threaded needle he has to hit.

I think he's doing quite well. I'm seriously annoyed that I burned through that show so fast. I need more and I need it now.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Ego-bot posted:

So I found out that there's a Rome show on Netflix that stars Sean Bean. Anyone seen it?

The tagline definitely doesn't inspire confidence. Commodus was 300/1200 years before the Fall of the Roman Empire. Tracing that back to him just because he ends a line of good to great Emperors is pretty daring. His poo poo had nothing at all to do with it. It's also one of those vapid reenactment "documentations" even if it is a high gloss one.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
It's just so weird that so many things and engagements and relationships and stuff happens in just some 3 years give or take

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

EL BROMANCE posted:

*except Angus.

I'm over in the states, so I watch HIGNFY and Mock the Week because even if the news is STILL pretty dang depressing, the accents make it all sound much more distant. I can just pretend it's an episode of Last of the Summer Wine.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

apatheticman posted:

Jared Abrahamson, who plays Trevor, does a great job on a part that had the potential to be really annoying.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Looks like Carrie Matheson, Esq. right now.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

muscles like this! posted:

Jared Abrahamson, who plays Trevor, does a great job on a part that had the potential to be really annoying.

My Aunt used to babysit him.

Flin Flon/bomber Pride

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Just caught up with the DC crossover episodes. Generally liked it, though the ARROW episode was the highlight. FLASH has kind of gone off a cliff this year, but ARROW has done some great course correcting for me and really nailed down what works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow just did their own thing with the aliens as a way to set it up. It was something they could have just done with magic or a random villain if they had to.

Every other episode (well, except Supergirl) tried too hard to cram things in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I still say it's a shame Amell will get zero recognition for his scene with his Robert and Moira in that episode because he brought his a-game and he crushed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Spatula City posted:

Dharma and Greg is the syndicated show I regularly watched on reruns as a kid that I remember the least about.

oh wait no, that's Mad About You. I can actually remember the plot of at least one episode of Dharma and Greg. This is the one where they decide they must win this object from another couple they are friends with. The couple that owns the object is the one that has had sex in the weirdest place (iirc the other couple did it on a ski tram). So Dharma and Greg plot to have sex on the steps of City Hall. They will get away with this, or so they believe, because the series finale of Seinfeld is airing that night.

I am pretty sure this is real.

You're forgetting that the trophy is a stuffed duck (it's actually a goose, but as stated in the show, that wouldn't rhyme).

• Locked thread