Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm turning 28 in 2 weeks but i feel like im 40 but look like im 22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Nation posted:

im 30 in a week what do i have to look forward to

Not dying. Not to be a buzzkill, but the older you get the more you appreciate just being alive.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Great thread OP! Glad to join the Best Friends Gang!

Giblet Gravy
Sep 27, 2004
50 here. Life is pretty loving sweet.

Take care of your teeth and watch those carbs.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Outfreakage posted:

50 here. Life is pretty loving sweet.

Take care of your teeth and watch those carbs.

you're not my dad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

namaste

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Specter posted:

Dating my age or older blows goat because all the chicks (and out of the closet gay dudes) are horrendously fat, divorced, have around 4 kids, and want to try and party like they're 16 again.

Better to stay out of the water and watch them all drown.

Should have specified -unmarried- women. Sometimes life's unfair and great women never met the right guy and are single later in life. However, I would never turn down a cool chick with kids. Sometimes life just happens :shrug:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
im 13

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

:getout:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I'm 40 and life owns, been married since I was 26 and still married also we aren't fat or poor so life is good

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

18 > 30 > 20

:smuggo:

Yeah, I'd go back to 18 if I could, but wisdom is worth a lot. I'd do things a hell of a lot different now than when I was a dumb 18 year old. I can't because life doesn't work that way so I will be content being a wise elder :corsair:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

jackyl posted:

I'm 40 and life owns, been married since I was 26 and still married also we aren't fat or poor so life is good

So what hurts in your body?

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Turned 30 in November, and now it feels like I'm counting down the days until the end of my life. This is the half-way mark (I doubt I'll live much past 60).

Yudo
May 15, 2003

my penis keeps getting bigger. only magnum xls fit. i guess 40 gallon trash bags are next?

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Don Tacorleone posted:

Great thread OP! Glad to join the Best Friends Gang!

live like you were dyin'
Like tomorrow was a gift
And ya got eternity to think about what to do with it
What did you do with it?
What did I do with it?
What would I do with it?

Skydiving
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I watched an eagle as it was flyin'
And he said, Someday I hope you get the chance

To live like you were dyin'

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Enophos posted:

Not dying. Not to be a buzzkill, but the older you get the more you appreciate just being alive.

i can already tell you now that i think being alive is a big problem and something im working on fixing

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

CowOnCrack posted:

Turned 30 in November, and now it feels like I'm counting down the days until the end of my life. This is the half-way mark (I doubt I'll live much past 60).

I also turned 30 in November, maybe its because 50 still seems like a long time from now, but I think 50 is about as long as I want to stick around. It's all downhill from there

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Nation posted:

i can already tell you now that i think being alive is a big problem and something im working on fixing

let me introducing you to the solution: whiskey and canned air.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Can't eat spicy food like I used to. Hangovers when I overindulge make the next day a lot worse than before. Getting dates or hookups is a poo poo load easier although not as much in my target range. 27-33 would be preferred but I keep hooking up with 38+ and under 25. The older ones typically have baggage or convey a sense urgency that becomes a turnoff. The younger ones just aren't where I am. Everyone I meet in my target age group seems to be married or in serious relationships.

I need to leave CT is the bottom line.

Oh and my mom asks me constantly why I don't want to get married. She seems to think I just refuse to go to the wife store and make a purchase and I'm single because I choose to be. She started acting like I didn't want to get married 2 months after my last relationship ended with someone I lived with for nearly 3 years and was with for nearly 4. Her issue is wanting grandkids but no amount of telling her that as a single man in his 30s there's really no minute of any day I'm not looking. She thinks I'm picky, which I am but whatever. Finding someone special isn't proposing to the first girl you date. I date and haven't found someone yet with long term potential.

Bored yet? Yeah me too. This is what you can look forward to if you have a family like mine. Constantly being reminded you're not getting younger and having to explain that the girls you've dated haven't been worthy of long term. And rather than waste everyone's time forcing a relationship that will end in a few months, or God forbid a year, you end it quickly and move on.

I'll be 35 in March. I've been less focused on this the last few months. I'm at my parents house now for the holidays but ignore the little comments. It'll work itself out on its own. Feeling pressured has made me go out with people that I know before the date aren't going to work out. I'm not going to let the pressure get to me. New Years res may be to take up an activity and meet people that way. Meetup.com for example.

Thanks for reading.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Don Tacorleone posted:

So what hurts in your body?

nothing, but I am only a 4.0 tennis player now and can't hang with the 4.5 guys which is irritating. Also I'm not hitting my 7 iron 155 anymore but the thing is both of those were slow progressions. It isn't like you wake up one day and say "gently caress I'm 40 so I'm useless" it's just that poo poo slows down

on the flip side neither of us is fat and we are paying off our second house in q1 2016 so that's cool!

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Enophos posted:

I've always liked older women & women my age hear their biological clock ticking, so dating is good.

Women my age have a thoroughly hosed clock, you must be young :ohdear:

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
37 myself. It takes a helluva lot more to get me angry than it used to, which is nice because I was never a hothead so now I'm just never angry. Sometimes going down the stairs in the morning I'll step wrong and my knee or hip will hurt all day, that's sort of lame. Also not feeling the need to go out all the time not only save money, but it's relaxing. I'd much rather just sit in my lazy boy with a drink and my tablet than go to a bar. Also not worrying about money is nice.

I did have a heart attack a couple of years ago which sucked, but in a way it's for the better since my metabolism is a lot slower than it used to be so watching what I eat and getting exercise is a good idea.

I do wish I hadn't inherited my family's hairline, though.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008
Official song of the thread https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLXIdhrTXbAT1-52ohHl6Jz17N7RF26inZ&v=DDGhKS6bSAE

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
oh yeah, hairline. I got my grandfather on my mothers side hairline and it owns. He died at like 93 with a full head of hair, so I still have a full head of thick hair. Like I said, life owns

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
A nice perk of being a reclusive self loathing shut in is not getting aged by the sun. Only exposure to Mr Sun is going to and from the store for alcohol and food and to work. It's pretty sweet imo

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Yeah I'm doing well with hair and other age related poo poo. Most of the time people younger than me think they're older than me. I mostly get 27 or 28 "30 tops" and turning 35 soon that isn't bad.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So GnR might be getting back together again!!!

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Philthy posted:

So GnR might be getting back together again!!!

I'll go

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Every one of us who beats Jesus to the 33 mark is a victor and a champion in this Hell's army.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
My colonoscopy was actually kind of fun.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

jackyl posted:

nothing, but I am only a 4.0 tennis player now and can't hang with the 4.5 guys which is irritating. Also I'm not hitting my 7 iron 155 anymore but the thing is both of those were slow progressions. It isn't like you wake up one day and say "gently caress I'm 40 so I'm useless" it's just that poo poo slows down

on the flip side neither of us is fat and we are paying off our second house in q1 2016 so that's cool!

I'm summoning the hate of s 20 year,old toward you

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
but they will have a hard time topping motley crue on their going away concert with kiss. Morley crue killed it that night

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I saw G'n'R in the 90's and it was terrible. They were 2 hours late and Axl kept screaming about how Indiana can go gently caress itself because we sent Mike Tyson to prison, then they left after 6 songs.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Don Tacorleone posted:

I'm summoning the hate of s 20 year,old toward you

well I'm probably that 20 year old's dad

CowOnCrack
Sep 26, 2004

by R. Guyovich

RadioactiveKid posted:

I also turned 30 in November, maybe its because 50 still seems like a long time from now, but I think 50 is about as long as I want to stick around. It's all downhill from there

Well to figure it out you can do this weird thing where you imagine back to when you were 10, and the span of time from then to your current point is the time is the same from now until 50 - 20 years.

Every time I do that weird thing it fills me with uneasiness though. I don't like to think about my past life, too dark.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Crue will ride again. You know they're not done partying it up.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

criscodisco posted:

I saw G'n'R in the 90's and it was terrible. They were 2 hours late and Axl kept screaming about how Indiana can go gently caress itself because we sent Mike Tyson to prison, then they left after 6 songs.

lol I loved gnr growing up but I knew by around 91-92 that I didn't need to see them live

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

criscodisco posted:

in New Orleans with Metallica and faith no more? lol if so I was there but I don't remember how many songs axl did

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

criscodisco posted:

I always was given to understand the utter contempt GnR had for the fans was one of the main attractions? Like the whole crowd is a groupie hivemind and Axl is the abusive spouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Outfreakage posted:

Take care of your teeth

This cannot be overstated enough.

Also, every time I stand up it sounds like my ankles are breaking. Not painful, but it's getting embarrassing.

Also, if you're in you're 30's and need to lose weight DO IT RIGHT loving NOW. DO NOT WAIT.
It gets infinitely harder after about 40.

• Locked thread