Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Pistol_Pete posted:

I turned 38 today and am neither fat nor gray nor balding :smug:

I DO have a hangover but that's due to me drinking 4 pints and a bottle and a half of wine last night for some reason.

Happy birthday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
still 29 fuckrs eat shitttt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I have noticed at 30 that my neck gets sore now and then if I sleep on an uncomfortable pillow. Never thought I'd have to use bengay or icy hot on my neck but here I am.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my anal has never been more success

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
My older brother tells me the warranty expires at 38.
2-3 years to go.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Man i can't eat like pizza and go to bed i wake up with heartburn now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

still 29 fuckrs eat shitttt

Steak
Dec 9, 2005

Pillbug
I turned 30 in August and I don't think I've ever been hornier.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Outfreakage posted:

Take care of your teeth

My secret has been rinsing them thoroughly with Mountain Dew everyday. 40 and only dental work I've had was for removing wisdom teeth.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the best thing about being mid-30's and a dude is girls can't do that eye flutter sweet talk poo poo to get me to do stuff

I'd rather take an aspirin and go to bed than gently caress at this point

Steak posted:

I turned 30 in August and I don't think I've ever been hornier.

enjoy it you got 5 or 6 years left of that, tops

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

VikingSkull posted:

the best thing about being mid-30's and a dude is girls can't do that eye flutter sweet talk poo poo to get me to do stuff

Working out helps with keeping that going.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, just a second opinion, but I didn't turn gay in my mid-30s. My wife and I still gently caress like rabbits.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Wicker Man posted:

Working out helps with keeping that going.

Eh, I spent 17 years walking at least 5 miles a day at work so it ain't that. Plus working on cars in between, and plenty of bike riding.

My point is more that chasing after sex becomes way less important than it is when you're in your 20's. I have so much poo poo to do that if I gotta play hard to get with a woman I'm more likely to roll my eyes and not care because gently caress that poo poo. Not that you stop loving.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pistol_Pete posted:

I turned 38 today and am neither fat nor gray nor balding :smug:

I DO have a hangover but that's due to me drinking 4 pints and a bottle and a half of wine last night for some reason.

38 and still hasn't realized that you don't mix wine with other alcohol because it leads to skullcrushing hangovers.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

VikingSkull posted:

Eh, I spent 17 years walking at least 5 miles a day at work so it ain't that. Plus working on cars in between, and plenty of bike riding.

My point is more that chasing after sex becomes way less important than it is when you're in your 20's. I have so much poo poo to do that if I gotta play hard to get with a woman I'm more likely to roll my eyes and not care because gently caress that poo poo. Not that you stop loving.

No, but most days I'd rather just whack it than go through the effort of sex. Most days, certainly not all. There was earlier talk of getting to see bands live before they sucked, in my life I got to see:
G'n'R, Metallica, Ministry, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Hole, lollapalooza before it sucked, Butthole Surfers and many more my old brain can't remember right now. Oh, and Jane's Addiction.

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

32 here and someone mentioned it earlier but its so true: I consider myself pretty current on current events and internet poo poo but when I watch TV or see tabloid magazine covers I'm constantly like "who the gently caress are these people?" Like yesterday I'm walking through the mall and I asked my wife who the gently caress "5 Seconds of Summer" are and she had no idea either but apparently they are huge? I don't know I guess they're like Justin Beiber? And people from YouTube show up at awards ceremonies now like celebrities and people take pictures of them? I'm a pretty hip cat and "with it" but I have no loving clue what kids are into these days and I don't think I want to.

Arus
Aug 23, 2003

The biological clock was a myth.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

This is pretty gay, brah.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I'm 34 OP, still doing my thang

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I'm 32 and life is great im in the best shape of my life................................................round! haha!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Arus posted:

The biological clock was a myth.

Yeah, women simply realize they are both getting close to the cut off for healthy babies, and are old enough to realize all that "good girls don't want sex" thing is bullshit, so they wanna get laid.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm glad that my hair is just getting a little silvery on the sides, unlike my younger brother who has pretty much already lost it all.

He has a really nice beard though. I can't grow a beard for poo poo.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
2016, the year I turn 28. That depresses me.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
Today's my 35th birthday. :toot:

Being in my 30s is pretty chill; I give a lot less fucks about many things now.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
what up kiddies

60 means all the fucks i ever had to give are already given

get on my lawn let's drink a beer and smoke a weed

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Still got abs, still got hair

Im 29 tho so i guess next year all of me will collapse into garbage

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Zzulu posted:

From what I hear, that turns to a gut and back problems the second the clock rolls to midnight leading into your 30th birthday.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Edgar posted:

2016, the year I turn 28. That depresses me.

You and me both. Despite having a good job and education, I still feel empty and unfulfilled, which I suspect will only multiply greatly once I hit 30.

Frankly I can't wait

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

It isn't terrible, but it stops being easy.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

phasmid posted:

Every one of us who beats Jesus to the 33 mark is a victor and a champion in this Hell's army.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
being over 30 rocks you make slightly more money and i have a lot of free time to watch anime with my boyfriend

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Do it ironically posted:

being over 30 rocks you make slightly more money and i have a lot of free time to watch anime with my boyfriend

It's true I do spend a lot of time watching anime with your boyfriend.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
40 and I keep trying to hang with these loving kids in games like Black Ops 3 and Battlefront and I can't do it, but I refuse to give up.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I sometimes forget whether I'm 30 or 31.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

PureEvil6_13 posted:

40 and I keep trying to hang with these loving kids in games like Black Ops 3 and Battlefront and I can't do it, but I refuse to give up.

This is the reason I gave up on online shooters. I wasn't the best when I was in my prime but I could hold my own playing Halo, and Counterstrike. Now I just stick to single player games, and I play on normal or easy difficulty because I don't have the time to invest on some of these games that are 60+ hours . I have made an exception for Fallout 4 I spend more time working on my home base than doing the game missions though.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RadioactiveKid posted:

This is the reason I gave up on online shooters. I wasn't the best when I was in my prime but I could hold my own playing Halo, and Counterstrike. Now I just stick to single player games, and I play on normal or easy difficulty because I don't have the time to invest on some of these games that are 60+ hours . I have made an exception for Fallout 4 I spend more time working on my home base than doing the game missions though.

I don't know when I lost patience for long games, but I have. I bought Planescape: Torment off of GOG a while back and just wasn't able to get into it like I could when I was a sweaty nerd in college.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

heres a secret:

just don't give a gently caress

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The thing that makes me feel old the most is music. At least locally, most of the kids I teach listen to country or the folk music that is making GBS threads up rock radio stations now. When I was in school NOBODY listened to country or at least ever admitted to it.

It's very refreshing when some of the kids actually listen to rock, metal or rap and not some faggy lite-rock/folk like Imagine Dragons and whoever sings that lovely Renegades song. How did we not learn from John Denver and the like ruining rock radio in the 70s until some markets started "lite rock" stations especially for their lovely music. We need to do that again and they can whisper over their acoustic guitars, clap a day chant all they want on their own station.

e. BTW, I stream music most of the time, but in my classroom/shop we have to listen to the radio due to network filters blocking all the streaming services with language filters.

Get off my lawn!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm 32 and I live with my wife and her parents. Moving out in a few weeks into a large house that I can't really afford. Wasted my 20's by being a goon in a relationship. On the other hand, we didn't have Tinder then so being single/dating wouldn't have worked. Anyway, probably gonna have to knock her up soon, I guess that's what you're supposed to do.

• Locked thread