Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Statins are ur friend

Death :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

tardwrangler posted:

I don't give a single gently caress about any of the things I used to and have never been happier.

this is genuinely the one weird trick to attain instant happiness (therapists hate it)

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i never really divided my life between good shits and bad shits until 30

a solid, regular bowel movement is the true measure of happiness. lol @ all you 20somethings worried about finding "the right girl." The right girl is sun maid.

Yeah, I always had a bad stomach, but after 30 things really went to poo poo to the point I've been letting doctors poke things into holes I didn't used to have things poked into. I'm really hoping it gets solved, but tbh I'm kinda expecting to be stuck with a kinda strict diet for the rest of my life. When I was home over the holidays and found my parents had a bag of prunes, instead of being like "ha ha poop problems", I was happy to see they got the good kind.

On the bright side, my pay grade has increased significantly, I've become more attractive just because having a full head of hair and healthy weight is beating the odds, and the beard I grew so I wouldn't have to shave over the drat bleeding mole just above my lips suddenly has a bit of salt in the pepper and is looking good.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Turned 38 early December.

Body isn't recovering from injuries as easily. Fat ain't going away either without a total overhaul of my diet. Combined with now taking care of my mother (she has MSA) and the fact that my dad died at 61 from cancer makes me very aware of my own mortality.
Late 30's can suck if you haven't started to build good lifestyle habits when you're younger.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shadow posted:

I got 3 years on you. I take comfort in the fact that if I hook up with a younger girl there's little concern over any bio clock nonsense.

Stay in shape though. I feel like that and holding onto your hair is vital.

I started losing my hair in highschool :cry:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Rutibex posted:

:(

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Drank Coke my whole life and around 28-29 it was causing me stomach issues and I switched to pepsi and the problem was solved. Felt like I had razors in my stomach for several months, had no idea what the source was.

Also have had to adjust my diet substantially, early 30s now, not looking forward to further metabolism changes.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm 33, stronger and healthier than I've ever been, have a hairstyle I'm finally happy with and own a home I can afford

so it's p sweet

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Rutibex posted:

there was a sophomore with a balding spot that sat in front of me in my intro to comm. class last semester and i felt really bad for him.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
I'm 31 and I date attractive women in their 20s. I don't really have my poo poo together at all but they don't seem to mind. Aside from that I play a lot of video games. Life is good.

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
edit: ugh double post

0dB
Jan 3, 2009
Can't believe all the people here in their 30's that sound piss weaker than me in my 50's. Man the gently caress up, Jesus.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
i'm in my 30's and am pretty gay so there's nothing left to lose

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
my coworkers in their 20s worry about if their vape is gay and are constantly swiping left or right on lovely dating apps and worry about offending easily offended people that they want to date

i just act racist all day, then smoke up and pass out at home. checkmate, healthy active 20's people.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

0dB posted:

Can't believe all the people here in their 30's that sound piss weaker than me in my 50's. Man the gently caress up, Jesus.

Let's start a thread

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, that waking up to piss every night. For me, it's taking a poo poo. I just stare at the floor for 20 minutes wishing I was back in the warm bed. I gotta be close to the point where I'll just wake up every morning on the can.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I'm 35 and I still look alright. I was married, but now I'm not. No kids. I'm basically healthy and fairly fit since I haven't done sit-down office stuff since my late 20s. I don't really have much going for me financially, but whatever. I'll probably stay single because it's good to be able to do whatever and not have to pick up someone else's crap.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Here's the actual theme song for this thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

Time to go be depressed

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
lol just lol if you're over 30 and still posting on these forums

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rutibex posted:

31, if I want a family I'm going to be raising someone else's kids

I just had twins at 38 and they're pretty awesome. I at least had two working swimmers at that age, I'm sure you can muster up at least one per load.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

lol just lol if you're over 30 and still posting on these forums

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

For example, I was recently on a trip to South-East Asia, in which there are a lot of white girls in their early 20's travelling. I managed to create the persona of a visual artist who was travelling through the region on sabbatical from a course at a School of Design. This is not accurate at all; I have no interest in visual art and I am certainly not studying it. But on a street market in one of the nations I passed through, I saw a vendor selling sketch books which included beautiful sketches of the region. As it was in quite an obscure market and I didn't see any other vendors selling something similar, I purchased the book, and in the hostels I subsequently stayed in I passed it off as being my own work. This gave me a lot of success with the women in those hostels.

Yeah, how embarrassing and pathetic :rolleyes:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Im 20 with the hairline of a 40 year old, can I fit in here?

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

Rutibex posted:

31, all my old friends have houses and wives and kids, and I'm the same loser I always was, except now I'm not young enough to catch up. if I want a family I'm going to be raising someone else's kids

31 is not that old. If you really want your own kids, I'm sure there are plenty of single, no-kids, fat women in their mid 20s who you could shack up with.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
im 32 years old and i look like this

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

proctorbot posted:

31 is not that old. If you really want your own kids, I'm sure there are plenty of single, no-kids, fat women in their mid 20s who you could shack up with.

I hosed around throughout my 20s, I'm not at a point where I should be having kids yet. a few years ago I decided to turn it around, so now I am on the third year of my degree, so there will be at least 4ish years before I am stable and wealthy enough to afford it (I plan to go to graduate school, and this requires moveing to another city/country)

I could date my class mates, they are all in the same boat as me, but of course I am just old enough that trying this makes me creepy. those fat 25 year olds want kids right away, they don't want to wait for me to finish graduate school :shrug: I have resigned myself to loneliness.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im turning 30 in a month or so. my neck is stiff and sore all the time if i dont sleep in the exact right position or if i get stressed. i hate getting up after ive gotten comfortable. i have a career it's ok i guess but i don't get paid fairly and gripe about it constantly. also, the world is starting to change around me (for the worst obviously) and i dont understand it. standard old person poo poo.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My hairline is receeding and I have been out of high school for longer than some of the kids currently in high school have been alive.

My left shoulder is sore all the time and my right knee is starting to pop and give out. And I don't understand current slang.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rutibex posted:

I could date my class mates, they are all in the same boat as me, but of course I am just old enough that trying this makes me creepy. those fat 25 year olds want kids right away, they don't want to wait for me to finish graduate school :shrug: I have resigned myself to loneliness.

You're loving nuts, if I weren't married I would've been raw meat in a tiger pit in my grad program and I was a good 5-6 years older than some of my classmates at the time. Not to mention the undergrads I taught that actively hit on me.

Go get laid and quit making excuses, you are at a prime dating age for at least another 5 years depending on how you present yourself

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ElectricSheep posted:

You're loving nuts, if I weren't married I would've been raw meat in a tiger pit in my grad program and I was a good 5-6 years older than some of my classmates at the time. Not to mention the undergrads I taught that actively hit on me.

Go get laid and quit making excuses, you are at a prime dating age for at least another 5 years depending on how you present yourself

I am not in grad school yet, my class mates are 10+ years older than me. I can't hit on the grad students because they are the ones grading my papers

not that I don't try, I was just never very good at it to begin with

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

I know I'm old because I can't deal with the poo poo spelling/grammar/phonetically written words that are completely wrong that I see on the internet any more. It makes me sooooo angry!!!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

opus111 posted:

I know I'm old because I can't deal with the poo poo spelling/grammar/phonetically written words that are completely wrong that I see on the internet any more. It makes me sooooo angry!!!

That angered me when I was in my early 20's. I don't really think that's an age thing.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

33 here

Fell asleep at 9 pm on nye

:corsair:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

29 still and partied so hard on nye u guys

so hard

...and its really starting to lose its appeal

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Retail Slave posted:

That angered me when I was in my early 20's. I don't really think that's an age thing.

yeah some people just hate the written word and some don't and I don't get it at all

they hate writing and they hate reading and there must be a lot of them because broadband brought us video courses/tutorials everywhere for everything, like bandwidth made a lot of people breathe a sigh of relief, "finally I can just look and listen!" while I'm like "just give me a page with written text"

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

37 soon and I don't understand kids these days. I guess all kids are gay nowadays or something. My hair is gray. All the drugs/drinking I did have really caught up with me and I am now decrepit and on probation.

I never got fat though.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In best shape now that I've ever been and have a lot more money than in my 20s so gently caress y'all with your excuses get hosed.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Retail Slave posted:

it always bugged me, but now it alarms me. Like, if i see somebody write 'this is a working progress' I genuinely worry about the future of the written word.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I have a hangover this morning. That was unexpected.

We were discussing how much dentures cost.

That shits expensive I guess.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Philthy posted:

I have a hangover this morning. That was unexpected.

We were discussing how much dentures cost.

That shits expensive I guess.

Drink more. Remember the good times. Wait for death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

any racism kicking in yet? I'm 26 and already feel it a bit

Actually, just the opposite. I feel like I'm more aware of how lovely the system is to minorities and I want to do stuff to change that.

• Locked thread