Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

dee eight posted:

I think it's a bit of both, with an added dollop of lowest common denominator. For example, cop shows have always been a major thing on TV with the examples of Dragnet, Hawaii 5-0, Highway Patrol, Hill Street Blues, Miami Vice, ad infinitum. The current glut is probably due to a lack of effort on the part of writers/producers/directors. "COP SHOWS MAKE MONEY LET'S MAKE MORE COP SHOWS AND MAKE MOER MONEY! The 50s and 60s saw the same thing with horse operas. Not that stuff like Gunsmoke and Wanted:Dead or Alive and Wagon Train weren't decent TV, but it was a zeitgeist thing.

I just wish that (good) sci-fi could get a foothold in the same way.

The Expanse looks like it could be the next BSG. Haven't checked it out yet though.

Zeroisanumber posted:

When I was 23 a hairstylist friend of mine told me to get on rogaine if I didn't want to be bald. I blew it off because I didn't think that I was that vain.

I am that vain. I was an idiot to think that I wasn't.

Word up minoxo krew.

I went through the same transformation, thinking 'eh I'll never lose hair. and if I do I'll just shave it no biggie'. 2 cm later I've become a total woman about my looks. I'd rather not have my dad's 40-year-old hairline at 30. If I can keep it where it is now I've got a solid 10-20 more years of getting ferociously laid, because everything else on me owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

was going to post exactly that

• Locked thread