Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I joined SA at 29 and now I'm 40 and don't really feel any different than I ever have. I'm a bit fat right now, but losing weight and I'm still not as fat as I was in 7th grade. I have a few random gray hairs on my face, but not on my head.

One perk of being older is cheaper insurance. No way in hell could I have afforded to insure three motorcycles at 20 or maybe even 30.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Outfreakage posted:

Take care of your teeth

My secret has been rinsing them thoroughly with Mountain Dew everyday. 40 and only dental work I've had was for removing wisdom teeth.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, just a second opinion, but I didn't turn gay in my mid-30s. My wife and I still gently caress like rabbits.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The thing that makes me feel old the most is music. At least locally, most of the kids I teach listen to country or the folk music that is making GBS threads up rock radio stations now. When I was in school NOBODY listened to country or at least ever admitted to it.

It's very refreshing when some of the kids actually listen to rock, metal or rap and not some faggy lite-rock/folk like Imagine Dragons and whoever sings that lovely Renegades song. How did we not learn from John Denver and the like ruining rock radio in the 70s until some markets started "lite rock" stations especially for their lovely music. We need to do that again and they can whisper over their acoustic guitars, clap a day chant all they want on their own station.

e. BTW, I stream music most of the time, but in my classroom/shop we have to listen to the radio due to network filters blocking all the streaming services with language filters.

Get off my lawn!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rutibex posted:

31, if I want a family I'm going to be raising someone else's kids

I just had twins at 38 and they're pretty awesome. I at least had two working swimmers at that age, I'm sure you can muster up at least one per load.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

opus111 posted:

I know I'm old because I can't deal with the poo poo spelling/grammar/phonetically written words that are completely wrong that I see on the internet any more. It makes me sooooo angry!!!

This but with loving names. After teaching for 16 years, I've seen some stupid names. The name Ashley is probably the worst offender.... Ashley fine, but then there's , Ashly, Ashleigh, Ashlee, on and on

However, the tops this year would be:

Sailor Moon (insert last name)
Schuleyer (pronounced Skyler)
Kyemichael... I don't even know

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Let's not forget reality shows which I believe are the downfall of modern society. Way worse than the worst cop show.

Remember good TLC or MTV with videos ? I don't have cable now, but I'd bet History doesn't even have Nazi documentaries anymore.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 2, 2016

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

PathAsc posted:

Get a vasectomy, because you're worth it.

I got one a few days after my twins were born. Anyone who says it hurts getting one is a big pussy.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

PathAsc posted:

I asked to watch the procedure, definitely a good choice because surgery is cool and good. The doc hosed it up and severed some poo poo he shan't have, which got me 4 weeks paid vacay :getin:

Frozen peas are my favorite frozen veggie now.

My doctor invited my wife in to watch which she did because she's in the medical field and likes that sort of thing. They sat and talked the whole time he was doing the procedure and explaining all the steps as he went.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Another thing that makes me feel really old are former students that are graying, balding, wrinkly and toothless, etc. And having their offspring as students.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Chief McHeath posted:

Gay white people LOVE Coldplay.

Fixed

• Locked thread