Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
"Blue Bloods" is a really loving terrible show
Yeah op :thumbsup:
No op :mad:
Tom Selleck :swoon:
Goku :goku:
View Results

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
oh look, it's the rat squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

OctoberBlues posted:

IMO anyone who watches that show and enjoys it and agrees with its lessons should be murdered. And I mean that.

suicide by cop

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

reagan posted:

who watches all of these gay rear end cop serials, anyway? even poo poo like law and order has been played out for 10+ years, yet lovely ripoffs are a dime a dozen

Baby boomers.

People in their 60s need a sex-murder before the credits to even consider sitting through 40 minutes of television.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

OctoberBlues posted:

IMO anyone who watches that show and enjoys it and agrees with its lessons should be murdered. And I mean that.

I don't know, I found a comment on IMDB from a user, does this kind and loving person deserve to be removed?

"I'm a teacher at a christian college and recently we had to deal with worrying about a gay student who tried to use the bible to justify his homosexuality. In cases like this and with the NYPD a number of these people are intentional plants by organizations looking to cause problems."

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Rambling Robot posted:

I don't know, I found a comment on IMDB from a user, does this kind and loving person deserve to be removed?

"I'm a teacher at a christian college and recently we had to deal with worrying about a gay student who tried to use the bible to justify his homosexuality. In cases like this and with the NYPD a number of these people are intentional plants by organizations looking to cause problems."

Haha, no comment.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Rambling Robot posted:

Soros Be praised!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
speaking of bad tv does that lovely Daniel Tosh family guy show still exist

you know the one nobody watched

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Putty posted:

speaking of bad tv does that lovely Daniel Tosh family guy show still exist

you know the one nobody watched

No, I don't know.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wish Charles Bronson was still alive and making "Death Wish" movies

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
My town has a hot lady cop. God bless.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Last Chance posted:

my grandma likes it and I watched an episode with her. it's a Bad Show but i love her dearly and she's a smart charming lady, so i enjoyed watching it with her

:sever:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Arian_Samurai posted:

I wish Charles Bronson was still alive and making "Death Wish" movies

I like the one where he shoots some guy in the back from like, 50 feet with a .44 because he stole his wallet or whatever.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think I was watching this show and Papagorgio from Vegas Vacation shot some guy who was pulling out a phone and then the sergeant gets a call from his lady partner and was like "uhhhh sir, we have a problem" *ominous music plays before commercial* lol

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
sorry OP, i watch Criminal Minds to fill my lousy law enforcement procedural TV show quota

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
everyone i know in the red state i live in used to hate cops because "big government" "big brother" etc. but then we started gettin all these videos of police killing unarmed black people and now cops are like unto gods

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I started watching this when it first came on, and it took about 5 episodes before they were all "It's too bad we can't catch this rapist because we have our HANDS TIED by the UNION." etc etc.. The show revolved around how awful the unions were and the reason all the killers and rapists were running around. Then they have a black mayor who no one likes because he is evil and black. Thanks Obamastandinguy. It was so so bad. Their last names were Reagan for fucks sake, and they sat around praying at the table every episode.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is the Wire still a good cop show or has it not really withstood the test of time?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Philthy posted:

I started watching this when it first came on, and it took about 5 episodes before they were all "It's too bad we can't catch this rapist because we have our HANDS TIED by the UNION." etc etc.. The show revolved around how awful the unions were and the reason all the killers and rapists were running around. Then they have a black mayor who no one likes because he is evil and black. Thanks Obamastandinguy. It was so so bad. Their last names were Reagan for fucks sake, and they sat around praying at the table every episode.

lol holy poo poo

Wanamingo posted:

Is the Wire still a good cop show or has it not really withstood the test of time?

The Wire is timeless

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Philthy posted:

Here's a great example of how far police unions go to protect their dickbag members:

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Video-Police-union-reps-coached-cop-during-DWI-1335890.php
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Officer-was-drunk-report-alleges-4977417.php

Protip: Getting caught on camera calling the DA a "cocksucker" probably won't help matters.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Welp, welcome to thread #2,433 exclusively about the wire.

Probably for the best though since Blue Bloods is terrible.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the wire is the better show but i'd much rather watch the shield

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
These stupid laws are stopping me from doing my job

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

do you still remember the first season of magnum pi? because i dont and im pretty sure you should watch magnum pi instead of magnums mustache in a show about murderous irish cops

e: i mean in the first episode marky mark's little brother beats the poo poo out of a guy and dad-magnum just sort of looks disappointed for a second and then theres a speech about how poo poo happens

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: In all honesty I've had good and bad encounters with the police, ranging from "I was a Substitute Teacher for a year, forget this ticket" to "Get the gently caress out of here [this sidewalk during a protest], you loving prick"

my least negative encounter with a police officer was when a police officer carded me at a train station, followed me onto the train, and then went on to explain to me, at length, about how not all cops are bad guys so i should trust them all the time

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

One time a cop caught me pissing on a university sign on a busy street and all he did was tell me to lay off the sauce. Another time a cop caught me sleeping in a skywalk at 2 AM that I somehow snuck into to. He told me he would call the paddy wagon if he saw me again, but let me leave. Another time I was high and drove some friends to a bar in my friends car and gave my ID to a kid to illegally get into the bar. I was pulled over on the way back with red eyes, no license, in a car that wasn't mine and I couldn't find the registration. They let me go.

I am white though, so it's safe to assume I would be dead x3 if I was black.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Wanamingo posted:

This is still the best cop show ever. It was even created by the same guy who did The Wire.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This is still the best cop show ever. It was even created by the same guy who did The Wire.

gently caress. yes.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

If they get a new season Blue Bloods will probably just add the laugh track from Big Bazinga to all the police shooting conversations around the dinner table

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

happyhippy posted:

Only good cop show is T.J Hooker.

that's not how you spell 'barney miller' or 'police squad'

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Remember a million news cycles ago when Harvard professor Gates got arrested for no reason? It was hilarious watching people outside of mass calling the Cambridge police heroes when they have a terrible reputation locally. At my college orientation (not Harvard) they gave us the number for the Harvard university police and implored us to call them instead of 911.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

reagan posted:

who watches all of these gay rear end cop serials, anyway? even poo poo like law and order has been played out for 10+ years, yet lovely ripoffs are a dime a dozen

everybodys parents. theyre nuts for that poo poo, they cant get enough

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Detectives Mike Parnell (David Rasche) and Danny Scalise (Richard Young) are cops specializing in drug busts but corrupt by framing people and retaining parts of what should be declared evidence so that they can use it for their own recreational drug use and selling to dealers.

One day Parnell takes a large hit of cocaineand becomes unable to concentrate properly about the address for the next drug bust expecting to find drugs. But instead they break into the wrong house as Jimmie walks out of the bathroom with a handheld hair dryer in hand, Parnell shoots thinking it's a weapon. Rainwood becomes unconscious from being shot in the shoulder. Realising that they could both be tested for taking drugs and charged they decide to cover up their mistake so they plant drugs in the house and place a firearm in the hand of Rainwood's unconscious body and they frame him as a drug dealer.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i didn't know your parents were into fantasy, maybe you can get them into game of thrones after this

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

game of blues spoiler: jon snow got tased repeatedly

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
why are these liberal lawyers defending this scum

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It's my favorite show OP.

The best part is where all the people who work on it are probably typical film industry liberals who have sold out their values for an income. Just think about how the majority of the liberal strawmen on the show were written and played by liberals.

Also Tom Selleck still got that mustache game so

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

poorlifedecision posted:

It's my favorite show OP.

The best part is where all the people who work on it are probably typical film industry liberals who have sold out their values for an income. Just think about how the majority of the liberal strawmen on the show were written and played by liberals.

Also Tom Selleck still got that mustache game so

Hollywood liberals don't really care about anything other than gays

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gently caress, reading this article about the show makes me realize that it's pretty much straight propaganda, no exaggeration.

Highlights: Seaons 5 Episode 5 : Loose Lips: The Liberal daughter learns the dangers of Liberalism and supports her grandfather's comments on police brutality (that they should beat up innocent people until they get the answers they want)

Like what the gently caress

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

gently caress, reading this article about the show makes me realize that it's pretty much straight propaganda, no exaggeration.

Highlights: Seaons 5 Episode 5 : Loose Lips: The Liberal daughter learns the dangers of Liberalism and supports her grandfather's comments on police brutality (that they should beat up innocent people until they get the answers they want)

Like what the gently caress

jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

wood shampoos

• Locked thread