Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

World Famous W posted:

Wait, which one is the bad webcomic thread? The one in CCCC or the one in BSS, because if it the one in CCCC I don't want to see Muir next to all the good poo poo that gets posted.

Last I was aware, there was no bad webcomics thread in BSS because we got kicked out for not sucking kazerad's dick or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

WampaLord posted:

I don't hate it, but my impulse is to scroll by each one because it feels like it's TL,DR the comic.

I literally haven't read a single one because there's too many words.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Its the stupid rib thing.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Cruel and Unusual posted:

He's using the old Nixon playbook: Take insincere offense and demand apologies whenever possible.

Hunter S. Thompson compared it to a badger, but I think we need a more loathsome metaphor for this behavior.

"acting like Nixon" is probably good enough by that metric

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

Also a new header for this feature because jesus.

It's like the cover of the Fifth Cycle books

a brightly-lit example, but in real life, they're printed very dark, nearly unreadable:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Have I missed anything really good/bad in the last week?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

If you want to talk DBD, put it in the bad webcomic thread and just link the post.

You think we want it? Hah.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

I think you can't stop it while we have mods banning posting and discussion of it here.

Somebody tried posting it in the thread a couple weeks ago, where it was met with a resounding plop of no-one caring. Nobody cares about Muir except a percentage of this thread. Like, I engage in atrocity tourism as much as the next goon, but you're really going to have to give a gently caress to pitch Muir to the veterans of endless pages of grossface. You have fun with that.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

...why would they seize lands that are already public?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Met posted:

Death has been defeated with Heroin.

Large Ark :fap:

So I'm looking at this and I can't help but think that there's something about the fact that he's drawn the "smart" white guy wearing the white quarterback's jersey and the "dumb" black guy wearing the black quarterback's jersey, what with the criticism of Cam Newton that's come down the line this year that basically amounts to "we don't like him because he's a successful black athlete who's not ~humble~."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Classic politoon word salad right there, I can't even begin to sort it out.

quote:

The mask/sign thing is dumb.

e: Also, even better than watching snow fall from inside, going outside, especially if you live in a rural area, and hearing it. If the snow is heavy enough, you can basically hear it land on all the branches and the ground, it's a very faint hissing sound. So nice.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

There was a very specific crane accident in Manhattan yesterday, isn't that it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFvL4obCrbQ

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

More accurate.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

World Famous W posted:

I'm going to pick the low hanging fruit off your edit.

Well, I was going for it because it's already the V-for-gently caress-off sign, but that works too.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

I leave you with this instead of the 4-5 cartoons that's the one guy ranting in front of a wall of text about LIBERALS.

the worst possible opinion

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I guarantee the response from the right will be "he was very strong in the face of all these terrible lies from the liar, he spoke strongly and exuded strength" because that's what it always loving is.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Somfin posted:

Yeah, but I'm wondering how the gently caress they spin that waffling performance as a win, rather than just the first of three increasingly sad last stands. She put him on tilt on the first fuckin' volley.

You and I say tilt, they say "putting that woman in her place with honesty about how the REAL WORLD works"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Feldegast42 posted:

The guy who popularized a sport for rich white dudes in private clubs that didn't allow black folks (and still don't, although unofficially) is a blue collar hero?

The line there is that his father was the groundskeeper (eventually working his way up to club pro) at a country club, when Palmer was a kid before moving into the sport professionally. I mean of course Lester's gonna be a giant prick about it and try and make it like golf in general is some kind of working man's game (which ahahaha never) but he did have a blue-collar background.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

:confuoot:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

How the gently caress can you write three chapters about "oh yeah, we got our asses kicked and glorify it to this day"?

I assume you've never actually been to Texas.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Shugojin posted:

I'm really disappointed that Marlette didn't go with Franklin on this one

Or Spike

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ManlyGrunting posted:

the fact that the entire internet is in a single object

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

So for as much as we're going to be in here going "ahahaha what weak bullshit this wikileaks thing is" I was in line at Sears last night a couple spots in front of a guy who was going on and on to the guy next to him about the SERIOUS LEAKS about how HILLARY was CAUGHT ON TAPE by a secret service guy with THE HIGHEST SECURITY CLEARANCE and she was talking with a SOROS OPERATIVE about DRONE ASSASSINATION PLOTS and the guy GAVE THE RECORDING TO ALEX JONES.

It's feeling like a whiskey sours day.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

"explosed"

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

temporarily embarrassed millionaires

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Acropolis posted:

The American Tax system is actually only really complicated when you start having a lot of different types of income sources and a lot of money. For most people it's actually relatively simple and they could do it by hand if they wanted (but why would you want to if you could spend 20-50 dollars for tax software or an tax preparer who can help shoulder the blame if something is wrong). Granted it's not flat tax simple.

In my experience, by far, the #1 thing people get wrong on their tax documentation is not signing it. I am not even kidding. Simple can mean one thing to one person, another to someone else.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Are there any NDT political cartoons floating around?

I read that as "NOT political cartoons" which is a sentiment I can agree with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

AT&T and TWC look a lot more pleasant in this drawing than they sound on the phone when I call them to fix their broke-rear end service.

• Locked thread