Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
Please note that JJRRRose is not the creator of Snuffy Smith. He'd have to be 140 years old or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

beepsandboops posted:

The biggest newspaper in Oregon, the Oregonian, pulled comics making fun of the Bundy crew without telling its readers or the artist.

Here are the offending strips of Non Sequitur:

The cartoonist is Wiley Miller. Along with a decent drawing style and actual humor in his strips, he also seems to be a pretty good person. I hung out on a cartoonist's forum some years back and had a couple discussions with him. He wasn't condescending or judgemental, and gave good advice and constructive criticism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiley_Miller

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Mister Beeg posted:

That was fast. Someone already did an obit cartoon...

Hope springs eternal.

I do so look forward to obit cartoons for Cheney and Rumsfeld and others of their ilk.

disclaimer: I'm an old hippy and all about peace and love and life is sacred, but drat me to hell if I wouldn't kick the stool for Cheney.

and does anybody even remember obit cartoons for Fred Phelps or Breitbart?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

fade5 posted:

Xanderkish posted:

God, I love that picture. The dude's eyes man. Those loving eyes.

I first saw this painting in the James Jones book "WWII: A Chronicle of Soldering" The book is full of incredible images, mostly paintings and sketches by front line troops. If you can grab a copy from amazon or a used book store, it's well worth perusing.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Xander77 posted:

I have no idea what's going on, and I'm ok with that.

il douche or il deuce, which suits best?

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Jedit posted:

Literally ripped off from Gilbert Shelton. I guess at least he didn't trace it.

FIESTA CAT!

Baseball stuff from a page or two back:

Bors didn't wiff, it was a bloop single. Not as memorable as Bennett's stand-up triple.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I'm auctioning my autographed Tim Kreider book in SAmart for a good cause. I figure if there are Kreider fans anywhere on this forum, it's right here.
If I'm breaking any thread rules by pimping this, sorry, I'll pretend to be contrite for a day or two.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

I was absolutely delighted to see MK Brown's "Whistle Stop" here. I saw it in National Lampoon decades ago and knew it was still relevant today.

There was another strip in NatLamp that would be appropriate here. It was called "Shad" or maybe "Shab" and the one I recall has a caveman standing on a rock speaking to two other cavemen, saying "ALARM! ALARM! PERIL IS UPON US! WOLVES SKRITCH AT THE VERY DOOR!"

I did some googling and came up empty. If anybody here can dig it up, it would be cool to see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Mister Beeg posted:

Haaa. Whoops. Should've read more carefully :v:

(There are a few cartoonists named Clay, tho. I won't reveal which one)

S Clay Wilson :v:

• Locked thread