Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
An election year and DbD is banned, a glorious year for politoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Not My Leg posted:

Bonsteel can probably go on the no longer cartooning list. She hasn't produced anything in more than a year and antiantiunderground.com has been offline for about that long (well, not offline, it's some kind of Japanese language website now). In fact, it looks like she has taken down everywhere that she hosted her cartoons. She was young and never did cartooning as a job, so she probably just decided to bury it completely it and move on.

Cousin Itt is male and uses male pronouns.

Nuetral?

Liccar is literally the only artist that makes me want to write to his editor and say "forget his political opinions, why haven't you looked at his terrible art and decided this guy was worth continued employment?" Because christ he is awful.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Branco missed a perfect opportunity to drop a "What difference does it make?" I mean Hillary's right in the goddamn cartoon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Trying to figure out who's who in the zoo:

Stallone, JJ Abrams, Trump, R2, no idea who the first two people in the back are, 3rd is Jeffrey Tambor as Maura, Cate Blanchett I think? Amy Schumer and good ol' Charlie Brown (how I hate him).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hmm... maybe this might have to do with FanDuel claiming they aren't gambling despite totally being gambling? Or the fact that FanDuel employees have gamed their own system for monetary gain? It's okay to be a gambling site, but when companies claim they aren't to avoid gambling compliance laws when they're clearly a gambling site, that's where things go wrong.

FanDuel is the Martin Shkreli of companies. They have the worst ads and are completely predatory on the average sportswatcher, and only someone being willingfully dense would throw their support behind them.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The "inside" in Inside Amy Schumer is supposed to refer to her mind since the show's main visual transition queue is showing her thinking about something then zooming in on her head.

I imagine we're gonna get a wave of more obituary cartoons, because Alan Rickman just passed away from cancer :smith:

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 14, 2016

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

beepsandboops posted:

Wasn't there a blanket ban on vegan comix?

I once met Fabio while he was selling his protein powder, he warned me of something similar so it must be true :v:

EDIT:

This one?

I just noticed all the MacNelly books in the corner, aka the author of Shoe who was also an editorial cartoonist. Dude hated Clinton like Ramirez hates Obama:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Payne is from Michigan, which has a city that's experiencing one of the worst water crisises in a long time, where the water literally catches fire. But lower pollution: bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bass Bottles posted:

This just isn't true, though.

Working for a coal company is probably not that similar to working for a solar panel company or windfarm. The skills aren't really transferable. And you're also assuming that the new energy companies will be built anywhere near the old coal mines.

A couple years ago I visited a small mining town that had basically been thrown into poverty when the mine closed. The entire town was based around that mine, and no one was able just transition to a new position at a windfarm or whatever. These are poor working class people with children and large extended families/support systems, sometime divorces, who can't just pack up and move away.

Like, it's easy to dismiss them as dumb hicks who think global warming is a lie because they're gullible, but these are actually people whose lives are ruined by stuff like this. It's not cut and dry positive progress. You are throwing people under the bus, whatever you do.

Yeah, the best thing would be to have a plan to replace the jobs lost by closing a coal plant, or to allow for movement to other places - both of these would require some sort of government investment. You'd be very hard pressed to find a group of lawmakers that would be willing to pass a budget that would include what would basically be a "save a town" fund.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Alan Rickman said that Snape was one of his favorite acting jobs (he certainly enjoyed it). I still haven't seen a Snowcake tribute to him, though!

Redditors will be quick to point out that in the last 30 years, Blacks have won the best actor award 13% of the time, which corresponds with how many blacks live in the US. Checkmate, liberals :smuggo:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If there isn't a political cartoon about Trump supporters jerkin' it to anime by the end of the week, I'd have to wonder why political cartoonists took a chance to pass up one of the greatest quotes of this election season thus far.

Don't fail me now, Latuff.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Looks like all the mainstream conservative cartoonists picked up the Republican memo that it's time to attack Trump with all they got.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I get this is a weird "A thing happened" cartoon, but I love snowman Cruz's melting face, even if it's a Varvel cartoon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a point to the GOP debates anymore? I've lost track of how many there's been and all that's newsworthy about them is that the networks get to pick who they throw into the kid's table.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Krinkle posted:

What the hell is the hurtful stereotype of the philipino houseboy?

I'm not sure of a good example, but apparently the sterotype is that Filipinos are displayed as devoted but impotent sidekicks that are eager to please (usually someone who's white). It was much more prevalent during Brando's career.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I like to imagine the brunette is still strongly Christian in this instance. It's like the side story in house of cards where the prostitute starts going to church.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MechaCrash posted:

While I encourage reading this post for yourself, the short version is that, like the URL says, you can't deny people their rights and be nice about it. If you're against gay people getting married, you're a homophobe, full stop. It doesn't matter what your reasons are, it doesn't matter if you're smiling and chirping while you tell people that they're filthy degenerates who need to repent or burn and don't deserve the same rights as straight people. If you're making the same point as Westboro, you're going to get lumped in with them.

And that's really the thing that people like Adam4d don't, can't, or won't understand: nobody gives a poo poo how nice you are about denying their rights, because you're still denying them their loving rights.

I'm not sure what's worse, people who try to be nice about their homophobic views ("I love gay people! I just don't think they should be married.") or those supposed gay marriage supporters who say "I don't agree with what he's saying, but at least he's being nice about it" and let it slide.

MLK Jr. said the white moderate was worse than a KKK member because of their inaction to care, so I'm inclined to say the latter is worse.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FactsAreUseless posted:

You think Something Awful invented "it's a trap?"

I honestly thought there was a new Admiral Ackbar meme that I missed because my first thought was "nah, it can't be 'It's a Trap' because that's super played out" but I guess I'm wrong!

And apparently it did originate on SA and was promptly stolen and overtly used on fark: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-a-trap

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

beepsandboops posted:

The biggest newspaper in Oregon, the Oregonian, pulled comics making fun of the Bundy crew without telling its readers or the artist.

Here are the offending strips of Non Sequitur:

The most offensive part about this cartoon is that Oregon doesn't have a sales tax.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's worth noting that Bagley did a pretty good cartoon about Gary Herbert breaking party lines and welcoming refugees:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Does anyone have that Ramirez where he posts two football benches where one says "REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES" and has a list of Carson, Rubio, Bush, Cruz, Fiorina, Christie etc. and then "DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES" which a cheerleading Joe Biden?

With Paul, Christie and Fiorina out, who's going to play for Team R? :ohdear:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thank you for this.

I still find it funny that Ramirez opted for a team analogy when running for president when it's more like a reality TV show.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's Monday!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mister Beeg posted:

Darrin Bell:

Like most Bell's, too many labels ruins what could have been a good comic.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's way more "I'm sad Scalia is dead" cartoons than I expected. Yikes. Can't wait for 2 weeks from now when Prickly City and Drunky Duck pick up on it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

yes

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JT Jag posted:

"whiskey sours" "kelly", step your Google-fu up

Speaking of Kelly... does anyone know the font he uses? Or is it a hand-crafted original?

I need this for... reasons.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Alito got confirmed 58-42 you dumb hack.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Obama didn't filibuster Alito. He voted against it, sure. But the only Democrat that suggested a filibuster was John Kerry (and was supported by Reid, Ted Kennedy, and Hillary).

Jesus Christ they're making up crap at this point.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Abyssal Squid posted:

Apple products won't open for unauthorized users, AGC.

e:

How Stantis thinks computers work:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bernie explains that sharing the wealth is a good thing in ways that even a child could understand!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rorus Raz posted:

Is there seriously a conspiracy theory that Tom Clancy was murdered

Tom Clancy dying was part of a bigger plan:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Random cartoon request: I just got out of a meeting with upper management, where our general manager described the changes our organization needed to make. He ended it describing a political cartoon he saw, saying it was two panels, where the first one was a speaker talking to a crowd asking "Who wants change?" and everyone raising their hands. The second panel the speaker asked "Who wants to change?" and no one had their hand raised.

Anyone familiar with it? I'm mainly curious who the artist might be.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

KillerQueen posted:

I don't get it.

Yeah, who the hell has a CD shelf like that anymore?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shugojin posted:

"Oh, s/he's only representing their interests to get their votes! S/he doesn't genuinely care!" is the "friend of the family lover" of the modern era, isn't it :smith:

When Obama came out in favor of gay marriage, people criticized him heavily because he was only switching because it was politically prudent at the time and didn't care for gay people (something something Mike Lester).

Same crap follows Hillary. Her and Bernie agree on a lot of issues now, but "Bernie liked it first" is the common narrative.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
As insane as they are, the McCoys, Lesters and Ramirezes of the world know the mainstream Republicans pay their check. I think it's only Branco and Garrison that have come out as full-blown Trump supporters.

I still have no idea if the mainstreams will cover their nose and go all in with Trump or if they'll try to get Rubio in through a split convention. If the former happens, you'll surely start seeing the mainstream cartoonists portraying Trump in a positive light.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's Monday! No Nancy Reagan obit unfortunately:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

achillesforever6 posted:

Also gently caress Peyton Manning, that Papa John's shill

He's also retiring after the worst QB performance in Super Bowl history, allegations he used PEDs, and a messy sexual assault charge that his college tried to sweep under the rug. He's trying to go out a "hero" before he inevitably is turned into a rightful villain.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Politicizing the Clinton scandal is actually a multimillion dollar industry because people eat that crap up, hence why people always throw that stuff front and center. Ben Garrison of course eats it up and then says he's above it all by supporting Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sandpuppy posted:

Reminds me a bit of this McCoy:

I mean, if you ignore the entire fact that Bruce Wayne became Batman over his parents being murdered in front of his own eyes, this cartoon is kind of funny!

Even if it's a McCoy.

• Locked thread