Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Seriously what do you think?

Obviously the answer is a laughing no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
citizen star, celestial politician, will be seen as president however

oblique
Sep 20, 2001

Like me, they have no way to go but up.
http://www.wingcommanderthemovie.com

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

A weird time when Derek Smart, mortal enemy of goons, leads a section of the forums

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm confident it will be ready in 2020. You see hindsight and all.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

You will see Star Citizen when it becomes a game about the distant past

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

well i'll tell you one thing, you sure as gently caress won't if you don't buy these $1000 spaceships!!!

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
star citizen can only go up, Up, UP!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

well you haters can hate on becuase in 2016 I'll be buckling into my $1250 jpg and enjoying the visceral action of piloting interstellar craft through combat and exploration to a new generation of gamers at a level of fidelity never before seen.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Microwaves Mom posted:

Seriously what do you think?

Next year, meaning 2017? Then no.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You're seeing Star Citizen now.

The current state of Star Citizen (hilarious scam slash cult) is a unique and one of a kind experience and you're nuts if you think a slipshod spaceship game can ever compare to it.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Squadron 42, the single player component of Star Citizen, will release during 2016. The actual Star Citizen part sadly won't be out until 2017, but the early alpha 2.0 version is already playable and has been a tremendous success by almost all accounts. I know it sucks that the game still needs time in the oven but ultimately it means we'll just be getting a better product.

Sadly for those who still haven't pledged RSI has decided to split the game packages but you still might get one cheap on the black market.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

The current state of Star Citizen (hilarious scam slash cult) is a unique and one of a kind experience and you're nuts if you think a slipshod spaceship game can ever compare to it.

if you're not looking forward to the wet thud of a mediocre game shoveled out in a panic just as the space-game craze comes to an end then you are dead inside

personally i look forward to picking it up at a deep discount after the servers are shut down, installing it and then never, ever playing it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gilganixon posted:

if you're not looking forward to the wet thud of a mediocre game shoveled out in a panic just as the space-game craze comes to an end then you are dead inside

personally i look forward to picking it up at a deep discount after the servers are shut down, installing it and then never, ever playing it.

odds are the installer wont even work on most computers lol.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Microwaves Mom posted:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

jfc 1022 pages

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Phobophilia posted:

jfc 1022 pages

service guarantees citizenship

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

How could it possibly be a scam when even Smart himself has admitted that most of the money has already been spent on the project. hmm yes, clearly Chris using the money exactly like he said he would is a scam. I can't really overlook this kind of ignorance now that 2.0 has been released, there clearly is a game and we are seeing as it grows into a finished product.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Are there links to the good/informative posts in this thread available anywhere? Because the OP is pretty interesting and absolutely crazy, but I don't want to wade through 1000 pages for updates. Or is everything after the first page just goons obsessing about stuff until it becomes creepy as per usual?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Keg posted:

Are there links to the good/informative posts in this thread available anywhere? Because the OP is pretty interesting and absolutely crazy, but I don't want to wade through 1000 pages for updates. Or is everything after the first page just goons obsessing about stuff until it becomes creepy as per usual?

That thread is toxic hellhole where no citizen should go. If you want to good information you should check reddit or RSI's own site.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Keg posted:

Mr. Or Ms. Keg what do you think in your deepest depths of heart?

kikkelivelho posted:

That thread is toxic hellhole where no citizen should go. If you want to good information you should check reddit or RSI's own site.

That's not great either though cause thats full of rabid fans going the other way and outright lies from the scammers.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I don't know what to believe so instead I'll just not pay attention to the thing.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

you shouldn't obsess over star citizens but you're missing out on a whole lot of free entertainment if you ignore it entirely

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

DEREK SMART

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
star citizen has raised $104,500,000

thats a lot of fake space hsips

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I'm eagerly awaiting the day when they just go "welp those alpha modules ARE star citizen! Thanks and goodnight!!!" and then they close the studio for lack of funds

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

how much are you in for?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I like how this fiasco ended up supplanting #gamergate in the minds of manchildren everywhere

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a look inside Star Citizen development HQ

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

you say the answer is an obvious laughing no except anyone who has played the most recent alpha patch will tell you it's actually now become a really fun game but sure keep bashing on something u've never tried lmfao

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

This only proves that the project is not only real but advancing at a steady pace. It's buggy, yes, but pre-alpha software usually is. Bugfixing only really starts once the game is fully feature locked.

Also, that video only shows that this isn't some soulless AAA production by a faceless mainstream publisher. The people developing Star Citizen have a real passion for the game

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

razamataza posted:

you say the answer is an obvious laughing no except anyone who has played the most recent alpha patch will tell you it's actually now become a really fun game but sure keep bashing on something u've never tried lmfao

actually its really bad

Eugene V. Deadlift
Apr 8, 2013
Is this where we post about Doobie?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

razamataza posted:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

razamataza posted:

source your quotes

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

A misanthrope posted:

a look inside Star Citizen development HQ

I doubt it, they've spent way faster than they've generated and there's a good chance they go bankrupt before its all said and done

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

If you're not extremely excited about blowing up these people on launch day then I don't know what's wrong with you :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

I doubt it, they've spent way faster than they've generated and there's a good chance they go bankrupt before its all said and done

if they're smart the execs have been squirreling money away in an offshore account because if this isn't the second coming of gaming christ there's going to be assassination attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Robo Reagan posted:

if they're smart the execs have been squirreling money away in an offshore account because if this isn't the second coming of gaming christ there's going to be assassination attempts

That's a mighty big "if"

• Locked thread