Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You're seeing Star Citizen now.

The current state of Star Citizen (hilarious scam slash cult) is a unique and one of a kind experience and you're nuts if you think a slipshod spaceship game can ever compare to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Gilganixon posted:

if you're not looking forward to the wet thud of a mediocre game shoveled out in a panic just as the space-game craze comes to an end then you are dead inside

personally i look forward to picking it up at a deep discount after the servers are shut down, installing it and then never, ever playing it.

I guess. But after that, it's over. I mean, can you even picture that?

I think I've gotten too used to regular and hilarious new developments.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

WIn the powerball and come out with a space sim that costs 100m and is out within 2 years just to mock star citizen fans.

No, that already happened. I mean someone trying to do just that happened. A very cone-shaped man won the lottery and declared that he will make the ultimate MMO. "The best way to describe this MMORPG is think of all the good things in Second life, WoW, Rift, SWTOR all rolled up into one game." Then he started a Kickstarter because he needed more money. I've no idea what happened with that, but I don't think it was anything good. That William Shatner video doesn't even work.

There's this, but that's from 2012:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-14-lottery-winner-takes-to-kickstarter-to-fund-pie-in-the-sky-mmo
http://kotaku.com/5892917/millionaire-wants-your-million-dollars-to-make-his-first-game

Then he came back and tried to Kickstart some sort of awful Facebook knockoff. That didn't work either. All in all, pretty funny, but no competition for Star Citizen.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Pebergehund posted:

Was he the one with the hooker bots?

I believe so, yes, but I'm sure it's also a Star Citizen feature.

• Locked thread