Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Parahexavoctal posted:

I don't get it. What was the original strip?

Wait, his cousin calls him uncle? Is this one of those "I'm My Own Grandpa" things?

He does specify that this is his stupid cousin.
[/quote]

There looks to be a sizable age difference between them, so yeah, it's quite possible he would call his cousin Uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Isn't the movie about Starbuck Jones?

yes, which is why changes are part of the process. but when it was about lisa, having to change anything about the script at all was grounds for ditching hollywood forever

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Indolent Bastard posted:

Isn't the movie about Starbuck Jones?

It was...

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Odonata posted:

Gasoline Alley -

That's not how that joke works! You're supposed to say that the restaurant is on the Moon, because the Moon has no atmosphere! Or on an asteroid, or just in outer space! But Jupiter has atmosphere! It's a gas giant! It could be argued that the whole planet is atmosphere! :argh: :kingsley:

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Parahexavoctal posted:

I don't get it. What was the original strip?

The original was the guy straining his right arm when throwing rocks with kids. This one is him clutching his left arm, dying of a heart attack.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

God:drat: that's the edit masterclass right there.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

That poor bartender.
Inspector Danger seems like a very petty and jealous man.

Selachian posted:

And since I rather liked it when it was posted here...

Pros and Cons
Yes! I love Pros and Cons!

Yesterday I read the comics out loud to a 4 year old. It's been a long time since I read the comics from the paper all the way through them like that, and I was struck by how truly boring they really were. This thread is pretty entertaining, but I guess that's because we skip a lot of the crap like Sherman's Lagoon and Blondie and all those strips that are really no more than filler.

Like 75% of them (of the ones that are supposed to be funny, at least) were New Year's resolutions "jokes," FYI.

F Minus

Mary Worth

George Micheal has hit hard times.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

Apartment 3-G

Look it was a mutual thing, OK?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows you can't put a price on butts.

Working Daze likes foreign movies.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix becomes even more mild-mannered.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix becomes even more mild-mannered.

Chris Hansen would have been more entertaining. Go ahead, have a seat there. :colbert:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

amishjosh
Jul 16, 2004
Yeah

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Lemmy helping out with another undercover operation for dick tracy.

I was going through an old laptop and found some old, old edits. No idea who made them, but here they are.

Pigtails

and the rest Pigtails

There are a handful of the old duck and coconut ones too still on the laptop, along with a janes world/some game i can't remember edit i have saved as loden comic.

Oh god, I'm remembering bits and pieces of some of the stuff that was made in previous threads. Didn't someone do a video or two of mary worth or apartment 3g with all the weird camera angles lifted straight from the comic? Anyone else remember that?

amishjosh fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 5, 2016

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Parahexavoctal posted:

That's not how that joke works! You're supposed to say that the restaurant is on the Moon, because the Moon has no atmosphere! Or on an asteroid, or just in outer space! But Jupiter has atmosphere! It's a gas giant! It could be argued that the whole planet is atmosphere! :argh: :kingsley:

Yeah, I said pretty much the same thing when I posted it but with much more swearing. Then I decided not to be my usual spergtacular self and deleted the comment. Thanks for taking one for the team, pal.

Funky Winkerbean

Idiot Demon Child Adventures

Unicorn Vanity Variety Pack

Columbine High

Garfield minus Garfield

Get Rid Of Slimy GirlS Club

Alice in Blunderland

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

Those could still be Leif Ericson's horns, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcbCu8G80pQ

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

amishjosh posted:

Oh god, I'm remembering bits and pieces of some of the stuff that was made in previous threads. Didn't someone do a video or two of mary worth or apartment 3g with all the weird camera angles lifted straight from the comic? Anyone else remember that?

That was Mary Worth.

Also the game in the Jane's World edit is Adam Cadre's Shrapnel.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

That poor bartender.
That panel is almost better than the ones where Danger demands that innocent witnesses or victims "spit words". :roflolmao:

Selachian posted:

Wait, his cousin calls him uncle? Is this one of those "I'm My Own Grandpa" things?
Well, technically "cousin" just means "relative", so your nephew actually is your cousin.

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

The Pros & Cons comic, Supposed a Knave, is really good too. It's basically the same as the strip, but it's a complete story as well as being funny.

It's probably too much to hope for, but if that's Ken Kensington I'll be really happy.

amishjosh posted:

I don't think it was done by anyone who posts here.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how the constant moaning wind gives this video a constant feeling of dread.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

It's probably too much to hope for, but if that's Ken Kensington I'll be really happy.

I'm hoping for Doctor K. of course.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Selachian posted:

And since I rather liked it when it was posted here...

Pros and Cons

I'm glad someone's picking up what I'm too much of a flake to actually post reliably.

But why isn't anyone rushing out to post Reply All?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (January 6, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (December 24-27, 1953)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So with his name in big bold letters written across presumably all his shirts and this reaction now we can assume Boog is mentally retarded right?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

amishjosh posted:

There are a handful of the old duck and coconut ones too still on the laptop, along with a janes world/some game i can't remember edit i have saved as loden comic.

God drat, edits used to be art back in the day. Hey, speaking of...

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger

FINE I CAN TAKE A HINT

Hagar the Historically Accurate 2016

At some point I stopped replacing text with historical references and started trying to write jokes that actual vikings would find funny.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Somebody's never heard of Pavement! :downsrim:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

You both suck.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Yep! It's just me Spider-Man, standing here on a public street snuggling Peter Parker's wife!

I like that fish peeking in Namor's window.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Jesus.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

How did you get the bigger one? GoComics doesn't let me do that for the old ones.

I upscaled it manually. Turns out deep-learning neural nets are good at that.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tunicate posted:

I upscaled it manually. Turns out deep-learning neural nets are good at that.

Well, it's a moot point because starting with today's they're posting the large size on GoComics again. :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That man is ENORMOUS. Looks like the economy in the Kingdom of the Giants is in the shitter.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, it's a moot point because starting with today's they're posting the large size on GoComics again. :v:

It's a very good AI.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tunicate posted:

It's a very good AI.

This is how you get SkyNets, you know.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is how you get SkyNets, you know.

Don't worry, as long as nobody gives it the idea that humans are worthless fatuous wastes of space we should be fine.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Don't worry, as long as nobody gives it the idea that humans are worthless fatuous wastes of space we should be fine.
Yeah, I suppose. I mean, you only fed The Dinette Set into it.

:ohdear:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Johnny Walker posted:

Inspector Danger seems like a very petty and jealous man.
That's definitely true before his fourth drink and after his thirteenth drink. But if you catch him in the 5-8 drink zone, he's pretty chill. (From the ninth to the twelfth he just rants about how much he hates Italians.)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
It wasn't posted here very often, so it may not have been mentioned that Edge City has ended after 15 years. After wrapping up the main story, the strip broke the 4th wall for the final week of strips.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh. Guess they're dead then.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Jesus.

They don't write 'em like that anymore.

Speaking of exploring waking nightmares, Bloom County 2015 throws life's harshest blow.

Skippy (November 6, 1928)

Peanuts (January 3, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean: Well, I wanted more Mopey Pete, and woe be unto those who aren't specific enough with their wishes.

But enough shuffling around, Crankshaft has a house fire to start!

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (July 16-17, 1928)

Thimble Theater (July 24, 1929)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

My university restarted like the first week of January. Finals were generally done before May, though, so that was nice.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze likes foreign movies.

Ugh I hate this stupid comic and it's not even right. The movie doesn't come out here for almost a week,still! All we have is nasty toxic air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Aardmania posted:

It wasn't posted here very often, so it may not have been mentioned that Edge City has ended after 15 years. After wrapping up the main story, the strip broke the 4th wall for the final week of strips.

Huh. I wasn't very aware of this strip except by name, now I wish I had been. Nice to see some cartoonists closing out with class.

(Especially given some of the strip-end diatribes and meltdowns we've seen in recent years.)

• Locked thread