Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Namtab posted:

I liked the bits where he cites himself.
This isn't at all uncommon in science FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

TACD posted:

It's basically impossible not to unless you never publish two papers at all related to each other...

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

serious gaylord posted:

That level of anger is not normal and you could have a severe chemical imbalance in your head which could be treated. Go to your GP.

Yeah that will be the anger chemical being all out of whack. Or something.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TACD posted:

I know, but it's still funny.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Serotonin posted:

Yeah that will be the anger chemical being all out of whack. Or something.

Don't be a twat. There are lots of underlying issues that can cause fits of rage like the poster describes. Some of which could be side effects from the medication they're on causing things to go wrong upstairs. Not to mention the worst case scenarios like a problem with the pituitary gland. Getting so angry you punch a wall or gnaw on your hand regularly is not something you should ignore.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Btw I don't have "fits" of rage. I get angry just like anyone else would which is just cause and effect poo poo.

The reason why I started biting my hand was to make sure I wasn't hurting anyone else if I do lose my cool and the situtation worsened. The only time I would snap when I am angry is when someone I don't know or dislike uses physical contact. Back then when I was younger, I was lot more prone to just snapping when annoyed a lot but I can deal with annoyance fine now. It's only stress and frustration that starts the process just like anyone else.

serious gaylord posted:

Some of which could be side effects from the medication they're on causing things to go wrong upstairs.

Nah. The medication I'm on wouldn't cause psychological problems.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Extreme0 posted:

Btw I don't have "fits" of rage. I get angry just like anyone else would which is just cause and effect poo poo.

Most people don't regularly get so angry they have to bite their own hand until it bleeds to avoid physically harming others.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

sebzilla posted:

Most people don't regularly get so angry they have to bite their own hand until it bleeds to avoid physically harming others.

You misread. I've biten my hands so many times that it may start to bleed if I bite it now.

And I don't start physically harming others unless they start physically doing something. Biting the hand is a coping thing for me when dealing with stress and frustration.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Have you tried swapping hands?

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

Have you tried swapping hands?

Yes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I rarely get angry.

All it took was once for me to stop taking you seriously ever.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Which hand do you prefer the taste of?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Oh. Sorry then. Stay away from dickheads seems like the only other advice I can give, but that's sadly not so easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

There's a new thread up lads, for those who missed it.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762787

• Locked thread