Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
no poll in the op smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how about some actual news I don't think was posted http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/01/labour-could-stop-cooperating-tories-protest-party-funding-cuts

all the other parties are kicking off quite rightly at having their funding slashed while the tories spend more than ever. they're doing some truly horrible poo poo to gently caress over the other parties in general and push their stuff through and I can't believe its not really making more noise.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I'd add in Cameron's talk of Christian values and Nicky Morgan going on TV and saying children should be taught that Britain is a Christian country too. Co-opting religious imagery to stir popular support and pointedly "other" an undesirable group is an old fascist favourite.

this is particularly annoying considering what lovely christians they are

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Is/was she really a dominatrix and doesn't that mean anyone who paid to see her broke the law? Danczuk had the sense to at least check she was over 16 before sending those texts as creepy as they are which is why he won't get punished other the slaughtered by the press

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:wtc: lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're have weird fetishes and extreme social anxiety? its really stupid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Things like this it's usually sniffing as an aphrodisiac. Same thing with people with used panties (like that creeplord goon who got banned for admitting blackmailing waitresses into giving him such).

i've never heard this before

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

That was a different creeplord goon. This one went to restaurants and basically bullied shy women staff into giving him their used panties or he'd get threaten to get them fired as he was rich and could afford a frivolous lawsuit that the restaurants couldn't afford to fight. We only found out after his wife found his 'collection' and demanded to know why he had underwear that clearly wasn't hers and hidden in some sorted case... and he wanted to ask E/N how to solve the situation.

do you have a link for this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Corbyn has requested one on one meetings with all the shadow cabinet so a reshuffle probably is coming

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Interesting to see the drop in enthusiasm for Osbourne, I wonder how it'd fare with him in the public eye more often.

presumably if he becomes the next leader it gets left really late so there isn't much time for the public to see that he's a robot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol gently caress sake

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

It's funny because I'm going to blame the Blairites for loving up any chance of Corbyn trying to get a positive message out when he was elected or even just letting him trip himself up without their help.

I think this is how a lot of people are going to remember it in future because its been clear for months now they won't shut the gently caress up and let him gently caress it up himself

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its cool how quickly a few shadow junior ministers resigning stopped north korea maybe detonating a hydrogen bomb being the main news item

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

To be fair, it's very probably not a hydrogen bomb, which just makes it yet another in their regular round of tests for their crappy fission weapons. The DPRK trying to make it a big story doesn't mean it's a big story.

certainly but its much more interesting imo especially if it turns out to just be a regular earthquake or something even stupider

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

LemonDrizzle posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17204297?SThisFB

Wow, that's pretty harsh - 35% over the median full-time income.

another nail in the NHS' coffin

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

someone should really have told him to shut the gently caress up when the first thing he brings up is students with medical conditions

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he can't make any money advertising if he's naked though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fans posted:

Latest YouGov puts Sadiq Khan a good bit ahead for London Mayor.

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/01/07/sadiq-khan-increases-lead-london-mayoral-election/

Turns out trying to point out he's a "Muslim" in the "Radical" Labour party did not go unnoticed as the bullshit it was.

Be interested to see what he does about London Housing if he does win since that's what he ran on, because gently caress if I know how you could possibly fix London's housing.

promising to freeze public transport fares has probably gone some way to boost this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

should have highlighted DWP trying to blame the GP at the very end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fans posted:

Someone better get fired for this poo poo. The BBC should not be picking sides when it comes to politics.

probably the person who thought they wrote a cool little article without realising the ramifications rather than someone involved in the stunt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RobotNinjaHornets posted:

Owen Jones has tweeted it

So far Rupert Myers (apparently GQ has political correspondents?), Isabel Hardman, Daniel Finkelstein and Wes Streeting have basically said "It's fine stop being touchy"

This loving country, christ

i'm increasingly feeling the need to create a twitter account purely to retweet people calling them cunts and doing nothing else

then i realise i'm a lazy oval office

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

You could do it with a twitter bot. Its not difficult.

i'd prefer not to just do it to everything they tweet but the stuff really deserving of being called a oval office

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

baka kaba posted:

The funny thing is, if anything this makes it easier to smear him - instead of quietly bowing out on principle, he ends up being used as a tool to put the boot in on Corbyn and maximise the political damage. Which might have been what he was going for but I don't know how this would avoid getting called out on it

nobody knew who he was before he did this so all he's done is piss people off and look like a massive dick

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I find it odd that there seems to be such a desire suddenly for Hilary Benn to lead the party when surely if he wanted to he would have stood for election. He probably would have had a good chance at winning too considering how poo poo the other candidates were

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

was it ever confirmed that theresa may's husband owns stock/was a director of g4s?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think I might put in a complaint to the guardian the most recent matthew d'ancona article is that bad. If only because they paid the oval office to write that jibberish. Apparently junior doctors shouldn't complain because the police/fire service work on weekends as if they don't

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I can't believe this isn't getting called out more. Its not like hospitals close at 6 on a Friday evening and you wait outside until Monday morning.

I might be wrong but I get the feeling that almost everyone is on the doctors side if only because one of hunts big gently caress ups is letting people learn just how little junior doctors earn when most people just accepted that they were well off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Saurus posted:

:shrug: Maybe when your wife regularly has to deal with muslim men trying to stick their fingers up her oval office against her will, you'll have a different perspective. Until then I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

(Yes, it's always either Muslim men or Indian men. Sorry liberals)

did you really meet your wife on a website for stalking an extremely mentally ill man?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Saurus posted:

No, we met on Stormfront

you should put pizza in the fridge not leave it under the bed overnight imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

No, the forums for stalking a mentally ill man is the real story, not sure that's much better though.

imagine trying to explain to your family who chris chan is in the process of telling them how you met

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its taken 3 updates to that bbc article for it to include the fact that her kids were a part of her decision to resign

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The daily mail picked a bad day to run this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Here's the page from their site that was published today

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...reet-style.html

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Phoon posted:

this is maybe the most severe and unpleasant derail we've had in a while

its been one of the funnier days reading this thread imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ookiimarukochan posted:

Why on earth would you want to be rude about the guy's wife for being a sex worker when you could be rude about her being a floor-pizza eating autist-bothering racist instead?

I still can't believe he's the floor pizza person. his wife tried to become a gbs superstar based on this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its really grim walking around cities in the US and how bad homelessness is there

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

shrike82 posted:

antisemitism as well

i'm amazed that after a day of the saurus' posting someone has come along to show they're even dumber

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

Big shoutout to the government trying to spin that 38% of Junior doctors disagreed with the strike so went to work anyway, forgetting that the BMA asked all doctors who were scheduled for Intensive care, A&E and Cancer treatment to go into work as normal, and the remainder are doctors that aren't part of the BMA.

I liked the bbc just publishing this as a fact rather than explaining that it included those doctors

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm sure Osborne will be held to account by the press for the fact that pushing austerity after the last crash is going to really gently caress over recovery from the one coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Haven't the Murdoch press been negative about Jeremy Hunt for a while or did I just think they were?

• Locked thread