Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

I disagree with 3 of the 12 points in the OP but I'll never reveal which ones

Neo-liberalism is good, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Why is neo-liberalism good, iyo?

It just is

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AceClown posted:

See Eddie Izzard for man in a dress.

Also giant crumpets for best invention of 2015 please

Also what toppings do you lot like on your crumpets? :canofworms:

I hate crumpets

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Fair enough. Definitely worse than I thought then. The rapid descent towards outright fascism continues

Cool hyperbole

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tory policies are hurting the vulnerable, yes.
Tories are literally Hitler, no

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I agree, the problem is that we're not loving the middle east hard enough.

e. Uh, Wikipedia says that in 7 ad "Zhai Yi, Governor of the Commandery of Dong (modern Puyang, Henan) declares Liu Zin, Marquess of Yang Xiang (modern Tai'an, Shandong), emperor. This proves to be the largest of the rebellions against Emperor Ruzi of Han.". This owns because the commandery of Dong is a sequence of words which amuses me.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 3, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lord of the Llamas posted:

That's really not what I said. Do you really disagree that the Saudis are knee deep in everything that's wrong in the middle east?

I don't know one way or the other

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Incest is bad

I'm going to side with this poster

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Poison Jam posted:

With all this talk about petrol bombing London (I'm kinda for it), is the entire thread on watchlists? Am I on a watchlist for buying hydrogen peroxide for making my consoles white again, because that'd be dumb :(

Probably not.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

wait, are you really saying that the BBC convinced a member of the shadow cabinet to resign? Is this what you're really saying? And you actually believe that? I have to triple ask this
Yes, yes, yes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Also, I wouldn't be desperately surprised if the Mail picked the story up.
Their hatred of the BBC probably transcends their leaning towards conservative values, so this is the sort of thing they'd enjoy printing.

Not today. They've gone with cage being allowed to give 13 lectures challenging prevent in 2015, despite the mail making a huge fuss through most of 2015 about people being barred from speaking at unis

Namtab fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jan 8, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

big scary monsters posted:

What is everyone's favourite anime?
k-on is the best

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

winegums posted:

I've had this argument with a few doctors. People seem to be keen on the BMA maintaining 'political neutrality', but that's clearly doing gently caress all for us. It worked when there was respect for doctors from both sides of the commons, but it's pretty clear the Tories don't care anymore. Given how often doctors have been on TV in the last few weeks arguing with DoH stooges in lieu of Jeremy Hunt himself, I think the idea that the BMA can remain apolitical is pretty laughable.

It's not just doctors, people expect all health care professionals to remain apolitical. It's at least in part to do with the rise of social media meaning patients can look you up.

E: basically bear in mind that anytime someone's in the news the first thing that'll happen is a reveal of their social media presence spun in a way that makes them look bad. Such as the recent non story about junior doctors daring to take a/l

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TinTower posted:

[*]The NHS is in clear breach of the law when it comes to the 18-week right to treatment.

Don't expect to really see anything done about this anytime soon though what with the lack of services and appropriately trained staff :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rather than your new thing maybe just raise the top rate of tax :)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oberleutnant posted:

An army recruitment poster has appeared in my local bus shelter reading "DON'T JOIN THE ARMY - DON'T MAKE LIFELONG FRIENDS".

If the shelter were JC Decaux I'd just steal the thing; but it's a Clear Channel one that I have no idea how to open.
I figure I just spraypaint some bollocks over it, but what?

"Don't join the army - or you'll die of pneumonia after being thrown out on the street when they don't need you any more" is accurate but too unwieldy.

Vandalism is a crime

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Very naice

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bedshaped posted:

Is that big dip from Syria bombing??

I don't understand what he did wrong there.

Probably a combo of the shoot to kill stuff, "losing" the vote on Syria, there was almost certainly a lot of nasty articles in the news....

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

jabby posted:

See any tigers around here? I suggest you either provide some evidence of my rock's ineffectiveness or accept that it works.

Lisa, I want to buy your reference

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Respect your mum, thomaspaine

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Ober-loo-tenant or whatever the gently caress his name is made a very amusing post a couple months back about the equal standing of opposing opinions (or rather, how such a concept is bullshit) but I can't find it :(

In December he made a post about how if your opinions are really bad according to him then he's under no obligations to debate you on them and may call you a oval office. This month was the story about going to dinner with the gentry, them having bad opinions about overpopulation and him not calling them cunts because more subtlety is required outside of the ukmt echochamber.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

I like it when people who regularly post dissenting opinions in here also call it an echo chamber.

Kinda reminds me of Fox News staff whining about the liberal media.

I don't post dissenting opinions, I post sarcastic comments.

I like corbyn tbh. I'll vote for him of he hangs in there, otherwise I won't vote.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Anime owns and is powerful. I will represent anime and nursing itt

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pistol_Pete posted:

The army's down to about 80,000 men: how the gently caress are they going to launch a coup in a country of over 60 million people? We know perfectly well from their recent performances that it's beyond them to maintain order in a single province (Basra or Helmand), let alone an entire country. Who cares what some crusty old fart of a general is darkly muttering about : it ain't gonna happen.

They have the guns

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Animarxism is powerful. More powerful than you could ever imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvmgOj3HHQ

(I haven't even watched Girls und Panzer since the premise seemed dumb but I'm tempted to watch it just to see Team Pravda)

Girls and panzer is actually good. A lot of people in That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime, What You Like Is Anime thought it would be another cute girls going cute things show, but it's actually more of a sports show. My recommendation is to give it a try. There's a movie also.

E: iirc the va singing that is legit into Russian culture

Namtab fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 26, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

baka kaba posted:

What's your favourite nursing anime?

there aren't really any good ones unfortunately. Nurse witch komugi-chan is boring. There's also Comical Psychosomatic Medicine which has a nurse in, but that's really about psychology.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

They have the BRIMSTONE.

They're gonna precision bomb me, and I won't be classed as a civvie death.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

baka kaba posted:

Yeah I was hoping there'd be an actual nursing one, like Casualty, but with animes. I know Casualty sort of is an anime, but you know what I mean

Oh there's also triage x https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triage_X

"Behind the exterior of Mochizuki General Hospital resides the vigilante organization known as "Black Label." The team, made up of select hospital staff and local teenagers from nearby Mochizuki High School, task themselves with killing undesirable people, dubbed "cancers" of society, and to stop their spread of infection into society."

E: there's a lot of baps, I expect the bds to be salacious

E2: in terms of manga though, I recommend Team Medical Dragon

Namtab fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 26, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Renaissance Robot posted:

Ugh

So it's like deathnote but instead of angsty intellectual teens it's a bunch of titties, and also presumably completely devoid of any real intrigue or substance

I mean, it's nothing like death note, but sure.

Iirc the baps are really good, hype, epic.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oberleutnant posted:

My unimpeachable reputation be damned: Planetes is the mythical Good Anime.

I'll allow it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

It's depressing that the UK is not the most nazi place in europe.

It makes me happy that we're not the worst

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah but we're kind of bad, that means there's a lot of places where it's much worse.

I mean, we're not really that bad, comparatively.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Or even objectively.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As the anime ambassador to this dank thread I should inform you that the best anime is actually k-on and yui is my wife.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

8th, actually
http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Leave Mio be and we have a deal.

I mean, she's not the worst....

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Junior G-man posted:

I hope you like wheat, oilseed rape and sugarbeets then.

Also, according to Wikipedia:

Dirty foreigners, comin' 'ere and eatin' arr food!

I prefer it when people get oilseeds consent

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I liked the part in the official report into that case where it said "although none of the doctors actually said it, it is likely they were reluctant to prescribe antibiotics because of national advice".

Antimicrobial resistance really isn't worth undermining based on conjecture on the potential opinions of out of hours gps who didn't have access to clinical records.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jan 27, 2016

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

The OOH gps should have access to the clinical records if the patient/'s guardian ha\s agreed for them to be shared.

It'll be something to do with access to whatever IT system they have in the patient's area. I'd certainly guess that the doctors at 111 are on a different system. The out of hours doctors may not have smartcards.....

The nhs is a loving mess of different clinical record systems that don't/can't share information. Where I work we're on one system, the mainstream services are a different trust so they use another version of that system that we can't see, the county next to us is on a completely different system.....

IT in the nhs is a joke and will remain a joke until a government manages to procure a national system every hcp can tap into.

Namtab fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The start was when they made nursing degree entry only, if not before

• Locked thread