Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's your favorite nut?
peanuts
cashews
walnuts
macademia nuts (fuckin lol, kill yourself if you pick this)
doughnuts
almonds
View Results

• Locked thread
Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I got this jar of "mixed nuts" that contains the following:

-cashews (4/5)
-peanuts (3/5)
-walnuts (5/5)
-almonds (5/5)
-macademia nuts(0/5)

What kind of god drat rear end in a top hat would ruin a jar of mixed nuts by putting macademia nuts in it? I hope 2016 is their last year on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

at least they werent brazil nuts

whatever you do dont feed them to a dog. they are poisonous

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

well, they are actually brazil nuts, according to the list of ingredients

gently caress this gay earth, basically

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Macamadamia nuts are p good in cookie form with white chocolate

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

pistachioooooo

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

enraged_camel posted:

macademia nuts

only college professors eat these

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

marauderthirty posted:

Macamadamia nuts are p good in cookie form with white chocolate

best ever

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I voted almonds because i'm an almond farmer.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

6 people will kill themselves according to the poll as of this moment

keep it coming goons, we could use a culling

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
macadamias were the only crop species domesticated in the godforsaken hellhole of australia, now imagine the ones that remained

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

marauderthirty posted:

Macamadamia nuts are p good in any form

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
brazil nuts are great, aamof

macadamia nuts are ok and they make a good flavoring liqueur

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
how do i vote for the left one

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.

ghlbtsk posted:

only college professors eat these

:xd:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Phobophilia posted:

macadamias were the only crop species domesticated in the godforsaken hellhole of australia, now imagine the ones that remained

Don't ever live somewhere every second house has a macadamia tree out the front. No-one ever eats the things so they just form a moving blanket on the ground which nature obviously designed to trip people wearing thongs.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

When normal people get at can of Planter's brand Mixed Nuts the brazil nuts go first, then the pecans, then the cashews, and then what's left is 20 hazelnuts and all the peanuts. If macadamia nuts were in there, they'd be eaten first. :sadpeanut:

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Lolie posted:

Don't ever live somewhere every second house has a macadamia tree out the front. No-one ever eats the things so they just form a moving blanket on the ground which nature obviously designed to trip people wearing thongs.

why not? :confused: i'd love to have bushels of macadamia nuts in my front yard :yum:

srsly if the ppl aren't eating them then there should be armies of obese squirrels in the neighborhood

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
brazil nuts are worse then macademia nuts hth.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Pecans and cashews are the best nuts, also

Necros posted:

pistachioooooo

Brazil nuts are the worst, followed by macadamia nuts, followed by walnuts(acceptable in baked goods).

Almonds are good. I don't really remember what a hazelnut tastes like so they're probably pretty similar to peanuts which are kind of the standard nut.

edit: just looked up macadamia nuts again and they're those ones that are really good in cookies, what the gently caress is wrong with you OP?

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 1, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

you are a bad person enraged_camel

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
are macadamia the ones California wasted all their water on?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

frenton posted:

are macadamia the ones California wasted all their water on?

Those are almonds. ;)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
nice ok Almonds are my favorite then

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Basically Brazil nuts are the only really bad nut. Walnuts are kind of lovely unless you cook them in something, and everything else is at least "good".

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

Tokamak posted:

you are a bad person enraged_camel

an ill-tempered dromedary will probably have numerous shortcomings but that doesn't make it necessarily bad

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I would like to try a betel nut one day.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
pecans not on list, poll sucks

Lankiveil
Feb 23, 2001

Forums Minimalist

kindermord posted:

why not? :confused: i'd love to have bushels of macadamia nuts in my front yard :yum:

srsly if the ppl aren't eating them then there should be armies of obese squirrels in the neighborhood

There are never any nuts left on my tree. But I put mine around the back so that young people can't steal them.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

they're great in a cookie

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I would like a fruit tree or...I don't know how nuts grow, but some of those, too. The rotten ones you can just ball up and lob at thieves.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003

quote:

I caught 64 tree rats last year with traps in my macadamia trees. MATURE nuts are readily eaten and they have no problem chewing through the shell. Lots of nuts under the trees have large holes chewed in them. We have one red squirrel and he visits each day chewing through the nuts as I watch him. He doesn't eat much so I let him go on. But, tree rats (Rattus rattus) consume far too many. They are built with teeth to do what they do.

:eyepop:

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I like the AAVE word for Brazil nuts

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

enraged_camel posted:

I got this jar of "mixed nuts" that contains the following:

-cashews (4/5)
-peanuts (3/5)
-walnuts (5/5)
-almonds (5/5)
-macademia nuts(0/5)

What kind of god drat rear end in a top hat would ruin a jar of mixed nuts by putting macademia nuts in it? I hope 2016 is their last year on Earth.

Never get mixed nuts that have peanuts, they're always bad and make everything taste like peanuts. Peanuts ruin everything.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Macadamias are great and OP is both wrong and bad.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

gnarlyhotep posted:

Never get mixed nuts that have peanuts, they're always bad and make everything taste like peanuts. Peanuts ruin everything.

Peanuts almonds and cashews are imho a solid combination but the issue is any mixed nut tin with peanuts in it is like 99% peanuts yet costs like twice as much as peanuts because apparently adding 1 treenut justifies this.

Brazil nuts suck and are bar none the worst nut, if you want something earthy walnuts are better in every way. Macademias are like the fattiest nut so im surprised a goon wouldn't like them.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

ArbitraryC posted:

Peanuts almonds and cashews are imho a solid combination but the issue is any mixed nut tin with peanuts in it is like 99% peanuts yet costs like twice as much as peanuts because apparently adding 1 treenut justifies this.

Brazil nuts suck and are bar none the worst nut, if you want something earthy walnuts are better in every way. Macademias are like the fattiest nut so im surprised a goon wouldn't like them.

Peanuts are garbage and no one interested in a good nut combo should ever buy a combo that includes them. gently caress peanuts.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
they're good in cookies becuase they're similar to a white chocolate chip

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Gibberish posted:

they're good in cookies becuase they're similar to a white chocolate chip

we're talking eating whole nuts here, try and keep up

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

enraged_camel posted:

well, they are actually brazil nuts, according to the list of ingredients

gently caress this gay earth, basically

look up what old white people called brazil nuts for a fun fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

look up what old white people called brazil nuts for a fun fact.

Look up what's up, and you'll see it's my dick and behind them are my balls which I invite you to suck.

• Locked thread