Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's 1983 and I'm excited for the new and shiny...
This poll is closed.
The Intellivision 2 34 22.67%
The COLECO ADAM 19 12.67%
The Vectrex 35 23.33%
The Atari 5200 62 41.33%
Total: 150 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

VideoGames posted:

I sold my 360 a few years ago when I realised I was paying Microsoft for a subscription to get a ton of adverts on my games console.

VideoGames it's not like you to sell your videogames

are you okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

ah yes the subscription you need to play a singleplayer game on your console,

I think you misunderstood the post. I don't have a 360 and haven't for a number of years because I realised that the 360 lacks a lot without a subscription. And that when you do have one you are forced to see adverts on the messy dashboard.

My selling of it happened long before the new Tomb Raider series began.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

VideoGames it's not like you to sell your videogames

are you okay?

I am very good thank you! I just lamented the change of the Microsoft consoles. I love and still have my first Xbox. It is still really awesome to use and a solid piece of kit. Even the disc drive still works!

And if the blades OS had remained on the 360 I would have kept it too. Instead I switched to the PS3 and got a couple of the multiplatform games for it instead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna sell my copy of Arkham Knight to fund money towards the new naruto game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

I'm gonna sell my copy of Arkham Knight to fund money towards the new naruto game

Good choice IMO. AK was just a huge disappointment. It would be better if they cut out all that Batmoblie crap.

And batmoblie battles. Just no.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYxeaVeeWvc

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
are people really anticipating no man's sky

I'm really looking forward to Cuphead this year but I'm starting to worry that the bosses they keep showing are the only bosses. They are being super secretive about the rest of the bosses if there are more

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Shindragon posted:

Good choice IMO. AK was just a huge disappointment. It would be better if they cut out all that Batmoblie crap.

And batmoblie battles. Just no.

I came out really hating it. Like when I first played I was just kind of like "Yeah, this is alright it just wasn't really worth 60 bucks." Then the more I sat on it the more I was like, "Man, this game just kinda sucks doesn't it?" It's hard to think of things I liked over Asylum and City because those were cool batman games and AK just has none of the same quality or polish those two games do.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Like to me it had some good spots like the Fear takedown but they didn't balance it very well. Recharging by quiet takedowns just meant, take out like 3 goons, silent and repeat. It made some of the predator stuff a breeze. I got the season pass. BUT! before you go you wasted 40 bucks, nah i got like really really cheap and even then I still felt ripped off because of how lacking it was. I hope the next one they get rid of the open world and go back to the small metroidish design of Asylum. I really liked Asylum because they put alot of oomph/style into those rooms and well I liked AC as well but I dunno what is with open worlds but they just felt so lifeless and boring.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fear takedown was cool as poo poo but between all of the batmobile sequences and lovely boss fights and collectathon horseshit trying to maks itself as content the game just drags and drags and becomes unfun. It sucks because I was psyched for all of the new predator and combat poo poo they added and then they were just like "Nope half of the game is this lovely car." The DLC sounds like it exacerbates the game's problems too more than anything else since it's like 40 bucks for some combat rooms and one actual new thing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not sure if you care about spoilers or what not but what really got me down was how some "arcs" were concluded.

Like Hush, AC it was built up and whatnot and you think he's gonna wreck poo poo. Nope just shows up to get one punch'ed.

Deathstrokes really made me just roll my eyes over.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dude, I played that whole game aside from the Riddler poo poo because I am so done with riddler trophies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Baal posted:

I am so done with riddler trophies

same. i only ever really liked the riddles that are like perspective photo puzzles

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Baal posted:

Dude, I played that whole game aside from the Riddler poo poo because I am so done with riddler trophies

Ah ok, didn't know.

I did the riddler trophies.

AC's Batman punching Riddler in the face was better.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Baal posted:

Fear takedown was cool as poo poo but between all of the batmobile sequences and lovely boss fights and collectathon horseshit trying to maks itself as content the game just drags and drags and becomes unfun. It sucks because I was psyched for all of the new predator and combat poo poo they added and then they were just like "Nope half of the game is this lovely car." The DLC sounds like it exacerbates the game's problems too more than anything else since it's like 40 bucks for some combat rooms and one actual new thing.

Also the DLC is about 10-15 mins long each. I was super disappointing by Arkham Knight even without the PC issues

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

Does anyone else have the same issue I have with Souls games dlc where I'll buy it and play it day one, and then put it down for months? I think I'm just afraid of running out of Souls games to play and I enjoy the anticipation of new poo poo to do almost as much as actually playing it.

Oh well, a little more darkest dungeon and I'll get around to the old hunters.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

yes

65daysofstatic own and so do walking simulators with 200 billion planets or w/e

i am gonna smoke so much weed

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

VideoGames posted:

I am very good thank you! I just lamented the change of the Microsoft consoles. I love and still have my first Xbox.

Wait, which first Xbox?

because there are two....

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i hope nms does really well so we get more of its useless dev on stage talking about math at e3 for years to come.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's going to be like Starbound where it delivers everything it promised re: space travel and procedural generation but is still boring as hell after a few hours, only Starbound actually had gameplay on top of that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

ah yes the subscription you need to play a singleplayer game on your console,

but enough about the xbone

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Tbh I'd take five handcrafted planets over a billion generated ones.

Well, really I'd prefer it if procedural generation were just used as a supplemental tool in games rather than the be-all and end-all. Like, use it to fill up gaps between well made, interesting locations or something.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mordja posted:

Well, really I'd prefer it if procedural generation were just used as a supplemental tool in games rather than the be-all and end-all. Like, use it to fill up gaps between well made, interesting locations or something.

This is how Diablo 3 works.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

i am gonna smoke so much weed

Same, but in general

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I forgot I bought Virtue's Last Reward and found the game lodged in between a bunch of other games.

Vita cases are so tiny, they're like baby videogames.

I should probably play this game.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So in Tomb Raider (the 2013 one) is there a way to get dialogue-only subtitles, or do I have to deal with getting noises and such printed in text too

I can't really hear anything anyone is saying over the sound of collapsing caves and other such

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
i bought final fantasy explorers on 3ds

it boring

february post in january thread

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
It's ok. I wanted baby's first monster hunter but maybe they could have made it slightly less baby.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Monster Hunter games are like the Japense version of COD games in that every company wants to make a clone because they assume they can get some of that action, not realizing that people that like the original are just gonna keep playing the original.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Volition has been making a series of videos where the developers play through the old/debug versions of the Saints Row games and comment on them and generally gently caress around. I had no idea but since the videos are all in the four-digit views range most people don't either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSrABFL4Ce4

One of them is them playing Gentlement of the Row with IdolNinja and Chip Cheezum, just for maximum Goon crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_-3xb7FNc

Somebody who isn't me should really make a thread about developer commentary/retrospectives because I love listening to people who worked on games talk about them when they're allowed to actually be candid and critical.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ciaphas posted:

So in Tomb Raider (the 2013 one) is there a way to get dialogue-only subtitles, or do I have to deal with getting noises and such printed in text too

I can't really hear anything anyone is saying over the sound of collapsing caves and other such

<Lara breathing heavily as a wolf snarls>

Rather takes the tension out, game

Half Life 2 had Off, On and Dialog Only for subtitles bloody years ago, you can do it too

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I am, because I'm a sucker for dry exploration games, and didn't hate Spore's space stage as much as most people. I was totally fine with slowly expanding my empire and terraforming planets along the way. Same reason why I was vaguely interested in Elite: Dangerous, until I got wind of stuff I didn't really want to deal with.

Thanks! I thought it was that and found it, but the videos didn't seem like they were part of what I was curious about. Turns out they've just basically gone from 4-5 minutes of mythbusters-like content, to 1 minute long videos saying "Huh check out this easter egg".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

MisterBibs posted:

Thanks! I thought it was that and found it, but the videos didn't seem like they were part of what I was curious about. Turns out they've just basically gone from 4-5 minutes of mythbusters-like content, to 1 minute long videos saying "Huh check out this easter egg".

Such is the life of internet video series. Their original videos were great, the one about the Muslim chant in Ocarina of Time that ended with them showing all the different samples the game had used for its music was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The new best thread ever is here -> http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762567

• Locked thread