Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's 1983 and I'm excited for the new and shiny...
This poll is closed.
The Intellivision 2 34 22.67%
The COLECO ADAM 19 12.67%
The Vectrex 35 23.33%
The Atari 5200 62 41.33%
Total: 150 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If my tabletop game where Chewbacca went back in time and saved that one ewok who died on screen and they fell in love and used Yuuzhan Vong tech to create a child for themselves isn't considered canon, what's the point of Star Wars, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
star wars games were cool, episode 1 racer and battle for naboo were both rad

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I always thought the new approach is, if it says Disney on it before 2015 it's canon. If it's after 2015 it's cannon. If it takes place in the old Republic it doesn't even matter.

Their control of Canon is made hilarious in comparison to the Infinity game spoiling who Rey is.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Looper posted:

star wars games were cool, episode 1 racer and battle for naboo were both rad

e. I forgot George Lucas made a cameo in Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 3, 2016

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I think "Never Actively Tried to Sabotage the Project" should be in every staff roll from now on.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Haha, those Lucasarts easter eggs are great.

precision posted:

I'm Rosencrantz. No, wait, sorry, he's Rosencrantz, and I'm Guildenstern.

Vagrant Story is a good game. :unsmith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

also remember when someone in the civ 5 thread got mad about tycho brahe being a great scientist before someone explained to him that the PA writer is named after the famous astronomer

hahaha

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

The Grimace posted:

Haha, those Lucasarts easter eggs are great.

Vagrant Story is a good game. :unsmith:

I love how consistent but also nonsensical Vagrant Story's Shakespeare references are. There's a poo poo ton but they seem so out of place.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've assembled a new rig and started replaying Fallout 4 without the graphics set to "literally below 'Low'" and can confirm that it is a good game. But I knew that already, from the first hundred hours I poured into it. I'm happy because it's good to be reminded that video games are good and that it is okay to like playing them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

bloodychill posted:

If my tabletop game where Chewbacca went back in time and saved that one ewok who died on screen and they fell in love and used Yuuzhan Vong tech to create a child for themselves isn't considered canon, what's the point of Star Wars, really

google luuke and luuuke skywalker for many lol

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Let's look back on 2015 in shooters

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I played Civ BE for the first time in a while and there's a lot of Rising Tide I haven't experienced.

It still has issues (waiting 30 turns after you build your final structure in like four different victories is annoying as hell) but I am thoroughly entertained.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BE was probably my most disappointing game of 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzsXQdiAzu4

The best shootmans of 2015 was... wait a second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqM54uHXVUM

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 3, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

computer parts posted:

I played Civ BE for the first time in a while and there's a lot of Rising Tide I haven't experienced.

It still has issues (waiting 30 turns after you build your final structure in like four different victories is annoying as hell) but I am thoroughly entertained.

Has it reached the usual Civ game point of "an expansion or two has released, it is a Good Game now" yet? Civ with a scifi spin always sounded like my cup of tea but initial reviews steered me clear

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

I'm happy because it's good to be reminded that video games are good and that it is okay to like playing them.

Eww, gross. Controversial opinions itt.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I think "Never Actively Tried to Sabotage the Project" should be in every staff roll from now on.

It was in the credit roll for The Force Awakens for George Lucas.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/zodiac-motherfuckers-top-10-games-of-2015/1100-5365/

9. BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT

YUP. BATMAN'S STILL BEATING AND TORTURING HIS ENEMIES. ONLY THIS TIME HE'S FLATOUT loving INSANE. SO loving INSANE IN FACT THAT HES HOOKED UP SOME SORT OF ELECTROCUTION DEVICE TO HIS CAR SO THAT WHEN HE RUNS FUCKERS DOWN LIKE DEATH RACE 2000 THEY NOT ONLY SUFFER MASSIVE INTERNAL INJURIES THEY GET FRIED LIKE loving FUNNEL CAKES TOO. I SWEAR TO CHRIST THE ONLY REASON HE DOESN'T KILL IS SO HIS VICTIM'S SUFFERING CAN NEVER END. BRUCE? YOU'RE A SADISTIC MOTHERFUCKER.

8. RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER

REVEL IN THE CARNAGE WITH WORLD FAMOUS MASS MURDERER LARA CROFT AS SHE INVADES SOVEREIGN NATIONS TO PLUNDER THEIR RICHES SLAUGHTER THEIR WILDLIFE AND SEND 2000 YEAR OLD TEMPLES CRUMBLING INTO THE loving GROUND. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE FEMINIST VIDEOGAMES WHERE A HOT CHICK KICKS A LOT OF rear end AND LOOKS drat GOOD DOING IT. JUST LIKE SUSAN B ANTHONY AND MARGARET SANGER AND RUSS MEYER INTENDED.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Cardboard Box A posted:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/zodiac-motherfuckers-top-10-games-of-2015/1100-5365/

8. RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER

REVEL IN THE CARNAGE WITH WORLD FAMOUS MASS MURDERER LARA CROFT AS SHE INVADES SOVEREIGN NATIONS TO PLUNDER THEIR RICHES SLAUGHTER THEIR WILDLIFE AND SEND 2000 YEAR OLD TEMPLES CRUMBLING INTO THE loving GROUND. THIS IS ONE OF THOSE FEMINIST VIDEOGAMES WHERE A HOT CHICK KICKS A LOT OF rear end AND LOOKS drat GOOD DOING IT. JUST LIKE SUSAN B ANTHONY AND MARGARET SANGER AND RUSS MEYER INTENDED.

Isn't this Nathan Drake in a nutshell too though?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wamdoodle posted:

Isn't this Nathan Drake in a nutshell too though?

Nathan and Lara are both children of Indiana Jones.

I would gladly play an Uncharted/Tomb Raider Cross over. The character banter would be nothing but witty quips and screaming.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nathan and Lara are both children of Indiana Jones.

I would gladly play an Uncharted/Tomb Raider Cross over. The character banter would be nothing but witty quips and screaming.

I need this game now.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I just platinum'd bloodborne and its dlc. Outside of the chikage hunter and lower pthumeru, this is the most fun I've had in years.

Are there any other PS4 games that doesn't require PS+ or have a solid single player campaign? I already spent 800$ on BB, PS4 and a new HD tv, so I don't feel like paying for online play until the good 2016 games are released.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Bloodborne is basically the only PS4 game worth playing that isn't available significantly cheaper on PC. Go ahead and put the PS4 away until Uncharted 4 comes out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Adam Bowen posted:

Bloodborne is basically the only PS4 game worth playing that isn't available significantly cheaper on PC. Go ahead and put the PS4 away until Uncharted 4 comes out

no one is going to take away your rig, calm down. go play some 4k games or browse your incel forum on your great pc

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Spergminer posted:

I just platinum'd bloodborne and its dlc. Outside of the chikage hunter and lower pthumeru, this is the most fun I've had in years.

Are there any other PS4 games that doesn't require PS+ or have a solid single player campaign? I already spent 800$ on BB, PS4 and a new HD tv, so I don't feel like paying for online play until the good 2016 games are released.

Fallout 4 runs well on the PS4 if that's your thing. Shadows of Mordor is fun and can be had for extremely cheap. Same with Dark Souls 2: Sins of the First Scholar and Farcry 4. The PS4 version of FF7 is probably the definitive version currently because of QOL improvements. If you like anime stuff, there's Disgaea 5 (pretty good) and those Sword Art Online games (not as good).

A lot of good new singeplayer-focused games are coming in March and April but right now it's pretty much all multiplayer stuff because I guess playing games with people is what xmas is about or something.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Adam Bowen posted:

Playstation 4 already killed All the Steamboxes ever.

The Sony Ponies are coming for your Vista rig Gramps. Better get one more round of Minesweeper in before you gotta say goodbye.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ciaphas posted:

Has it reached the usual Civ game point of "an expansion or two has released, it is a Good Game now" yet? Civ with a scifi spin always sounded like my cup of tea but initial reviews steered me clear

Late game is kind of bad still unless you're doing a military victory, but it's varied enough from Civ 5 that I think it's worth a try.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Adam Bowen posted:

This will never be true until the end times are herald by the coming of Yakuza to PC in the West. Until then, there's also 0 to wait for.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I bought Final Fantasy Type-0 HD last year and just now got around to playing it for like an hour.

Wasn't having much fun, and then I got to a plot point where the Imperials apparently dropped an "Ultima Bomb" on somewhere and I was just like, "NOPE"

will eat away at it here and there since I already bought it, but my patience only lasts so long.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
PC gamers will claim that PC gaming is no longer cumbersome

but will give you a list of 20 mods and settings that you must adjust as well as what proper wifi router you must buy in order to not get input delay when you want to enter big screen mode.

Also a pamplet on how to unfuck steam when you need to update your drivers which clash with big screen mode projection and what you need to re-calibrate.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
I was playing Left4Dead2 yesterday on the 360 trying to get the achievement for doing every level on expert and when I started I discovered I could fly, instaheal myself and throwables never ran out. I was able to get three levels down before the game rebooted itself and my superpowers were gone. Good times.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Sony is funding Kojima's next game.

Playstation Supremacy will reign forever. The Rivers will flow with anime until the end of time.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Happy new year!

Got Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros and it is a good Mario RPG. Though it bogs you down at times with a ton of minigames but the combat is stellar.

The Taint Reaper posted:

I am legitimacy excited to see a brand new IP from him.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Taint Reaper posted:

Playstation Supremacy will reign forever. The Rivers will flow with anime until the end of time.

And as the new Moses of Games, having angered the MODS in life too many times, The Taint Reaper managed to see the promised land with trees of tentacles, fields of pantsu and rivers of anime only far away and on his death bed

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

I am legitimacy excited to see a brand new IP from him.
story driven moba game

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Taint Reaper's New Year's resolution was to double down on the taint reapin'

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i'm not ready :ohdear:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

kalstrams posted:

story driven moba game

He could make a walking simulator game with microtransactions and it would still sell tons.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mak0rz posted:

Taint Reaper's New Year's resolution was to double down on the taint reapin'

He's off to a great start :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Please everyone. Protect your taints.

• Locked thread