Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Chris Kenny account spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

you're wrong about nuclear and the fact that you've paired it with gmos is a dead giveaway that you're mostly a fan because of the bizarre first world nerd fetishisation of science and new technology as a substitute for religion and australia will never need and should never use nuclear power

hth

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Tasmantor posted:

Any suggestions on what my wife can do when frustrated by a FB wall of dickheads saying Tassie's bush fire woes are the greens fault. We tried posting the greens page with "Climate change will increase the intensity and frequency of bushfires; scientifically-based, ecologically appropriate use of fire is an important means to protect biodiversity and manage habitat effectively.", but english comprehension doesn't seem to be high in rural Tasmania. I feel for many of these people, there are scared and feel a need to lash out at something to regain a little control but this is just wasted effort. Is there a link to a greens page that flat out says "We support fuel reduction burns"? From some digging we did it looks like when Parks and Wildlife did do burns this winter locals complained of the smoke and they stopped? Some of their paranoia seems to come from the Labor/Greens govt' of last cycle taking the authority off Forrestry and giving it to P&W.

Sorry if this becomes a state derail but I couldn't think where to turn to and this pisses me off because I do want to help, and the locals opposing the greens because they believe that the greens (with very little political power) are stopping good environmental management is only hurting them more.

https://www.facebook.com/Australian.Greens/posts/141378112687123

second result from googling "greens statement fuel reduction burns"

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

It looks like a road sign.

I think this one better fits Australia:

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

annual bulk dump of donations from over a year ago has happened because australia is broken

libs/nats/lnp got $87.5 mil, labor $65 mil, greens $8.5mil

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

Cartoon posted:

Don't make me do the OP. There will be tears.

good tears are both appropriate for auspol and better than the usual half-arsed c/p poo poo from people who don't know their liberal party from their elbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

call the thread Auspol February: shut the gently caress up about nuclear u gronks

• Locked thread