Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Suicide Pacmen posted:

omg i'm so hoyyyyype XD
:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget to install both FrankerfaceZ and BetterTwitchTV so you can meme hard in the poverty chats of your choice with fellow shitters.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crain posted:

Meh. I think the thread spent more effort on ripping into those guys during those two games than we did for any other block or runner. So I'm counting it as a block.

I'm sure someone's favorite body pillow will show up to act as co-commentator.

UraniumAnchor posted:

Normally I'd already be out there, helping set stuff up, but I caught something nasty early in the week (102.6F fever on Tuesday) so I had to push my flight back to tomorrow.

Looking forward to being part of the first 4-way NES race Wednesday mid-day. :toot:

Predicting GDQ wiring to catch fire and burn down the hotel eight hours into the marathon as UraniumAnchor is asleep in his room in a medication induced haze.

Weirdly enough, it'll be a fiber optic cable that starts the fire...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Erata posted:

Don't forget to install both FrankerfaceZ and BetterTwitchTV so you can meme hard in the poverty chats of your choice with fellow shitters.

I'm sorry what's this now? Poor people?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Erata posted:

ok

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
http://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=4&all=#jump

look at most ignored

i wonder how many of the 217 are from here

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm really surprised that SMG doesn't top that list

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

Eonwe posted:

look at most ignored

happyelf is down to 15th? How the mighty have fallen...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Eonwe posted:

look at most ignored

Hopefully 2016 will be your year Eonwe. I support your goal of being the most annoying child on these here forums.

But you're going to have a lot of competition from D&D, probably going to have to branch out a bit more to reach the top.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

is it true trihexx died because i will be very sad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Hopefully 2016 will be your year Eonwe. I support your goal of being the most annoying child on these here forums.

But you're going to have a lot of competition from D&D, probably going to have to branch out a bit more to reach the top.

im not a child tho?????

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

voltcatfish posted:

Unless this supposedly happened in the last few hours, I doubt it. Dude's last tweet was yesterday at 3pm.

Eonwe posted:

im not a child tho?????

Oh that's sad...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

happyelf is down to 15th? How the mighty have fallen...
He reregistered as Catastropost, and then got banned again. This was like three years ago and he hasn't posted since.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Oh that's sad...

thats a really weak burn, you should probably just watch speedruns and comment about them in this thread

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

voltcatfish posted:

Trihex didn't die, but Twitch doesn't allow him to be shirtless on stream anymore so it's almost the same thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to watch and comment about speedruns

and im also going to make jokes about past and future speedrunner goofs/memes/awkward moments

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i hope the thread can handle that

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, Eonwe shitposting is a longstanding tradition of the GDQ threads so I would have no less.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think it's just liveposting if it's in response to something.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it's just liveposting if it's in response to something.

yea for now there isn't even really anything going on

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

yea for now there isn't even really anything going on

Well Mrllamasc is doing a D2: LOD run. He's the one doing the D2 run on Friday if you want a preview. http://www.twitch.tv/mrllamasc

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Well Mrllamasc is doing a D2: LOD run. He's the one doing the D2 run on Friday if you want a preview. http://www.twitch.tv/mrllamasc

maybe ill watch that

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Given all the people banned for stupid jokes and drama surrounding the event this year, I gotta say I'm more looking forward to potential trainwrecks than the event itself.

I do hope HC has a good TF run though, good buddies with him and he puts a ton of work into that stuff, plus the coop with Optimus Prime incentive is hilarious.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

Given all the people banned for stupid jokes and drama surrounding the event this year, I gotta say I'm more looking forward to potential trainwrecks than the event itself.

I do hope HC has a good TF run though, good buddies with him and he puts a ton of work into that stuff, plus the coop with Optimus Prime incentive is hilarious.

someone on steam told me that their favorite speedrun is seeing how fast I got banned from the IRC

lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also is your av like a jojo but in fighting game format

thats pretty cool

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Crain posted:

^It's a fan favorite. Even though they're terrible runs it's hard to get rid of because so many people want it^

Bullshit, I have literally never met a single person who wants to watch a Fire Emblem speedrun

FFT gets hosed every year, but nobody gives a single gently caress about Fire Emblem speedruns

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Banned as in from the thread? Or banned from the event?

The only people I know who are banned from the event are the crash kid from last year (although that may have been changed).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Mattybee posted:

Bullshit, I have literally never met a single person who wants to watch a Fire Emblem speedrun

FFT gets hosed every year, but nobody gives a single gently caress about Fire Emblem speedruns

im sure someone likes them, but fire emblem speedruns are awful for a marathon

you can do everything right but you'll just get poo poo stat growths

didnt they have to mercy kill a fire emblem run one time?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I want to say I read ultrajman was asked to not come back but I don't think that's actually true

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Yes a guy couldn't beat the last few levels because his growths were awful so the few levels he got weren't enough. Any game where that much RNG surrounds your characters stat growth is not marathon safe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys are going to get banned from the IRC and only be able to talk about the speedrun marathon in the thread if you keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

Yes a guy couldn't beat the last few levels because his growths were awful so the few levels he got weren't enough. Any game where that much RNG surrounds your characters stat growth is not marathon safe.

yea

there should be a GDQ rule

no Fire Emblem and no Binding of Isaac

would make the marathon better IMO

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Eonwe posted:

im sure someone likes them, but fire emblem speedruns are awful for a marathon

you can do everything right but you'll just get poo poo stat growths

didnt they have to mercy kill a fire emblem run one time?

Even the Fire Emblem fans I know hate Fire Emblem speedruns because they're boring as gently caress AND prone to RNG!!

(free claude)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what about the guy who took like a mountain hike and didnt take a shower and had to be febreezed and then was asked to leave, is he banned

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Well Fire Emblem's long, you can have a short BoI run and have pretty decent odds on something dumb happening

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eonwe posted:

you guys are going to get banned from the IRC and only be able to talk about the speedrun marathon in the thread if you keep this up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just start a goon IRC or whatever, I don't care as long as nobody starts talking about weird drama from it in here.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just start a goon IRC or whatever, I don't care as long as nobody starts talking about weird drama from it in here.

nah this was from the goon IRC

i dont actually care I was banned, I just like making fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but yeah I mentioned banning binding of isaac mostly because the two times they've had it in so far its been pretty awful

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was gonna say you can't really get RNG screwed in BoI but then I realized when you're speedrunning you have to skip most of the level for optimal time and can easily end up with poo poo items as a result. And playing it with a fixed seed is just boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

I was gonna say you can't really get RNG screwed in BoI but then I realized when you're speedrunning you have to skip most of the level for optimal time and can easily end up with poo poo items as a result. And playing it with a fixed seed is just boring.

yea they did seeds in rebirth and in the original boi the guy complained that the computer was too good and then he died and they mercykilled the run

• Locked thread