Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I think the StepMania part is gonna be stuff like this:

https://youtu.be/n_TQJpJ9Vbk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

I think the StepMania part is gonna be stuff like this:

https://youtu.be/n_TQJpJ9Vbk

that is really cool

spider fight is my favorite undertale fight

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I can't wait for the party that is the Super Mario Maker custom level blind race with 8 people, including TriHex, Dram, mitch, etc. That's gonna be loving fun.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea TMR will be in it too

gonna be awesome

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Are the levels designed specifically for the event? That sounds really cool.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Eonwe posted:

also I've legit been trying to talk about speedruns

like I said, the Super Mario World run with carl sagan is going to be sick

he is my favorite speedrunner by far

What makes Carl Sangan runs so good

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Oh hey I didn't know this starts tomorrow!

Pretty excited, never been on time to watch it live before. Excited for the Monkey Ball runs tomorrow.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Julias posted:

he is just a funny guy and good at explaining speedruns

there are other better SMW2 runners, but if I had to watch anyone it'd be carl just because of how knowledgeable he is about the game

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Are the levels designed specifically for the event? That sounds really cool.
I was wondering if it would be that or if they would just cycle through random, community levels. Either way, it's gonna be hilarious and amazing.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I think they updated Mario Maker to show top times, so there's a lot of potential there for speedrunning levels.

An eight-way race sounds like a recipe for technical problems though. I'll give major kudos to the tech people for trying it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Julias posted:

He's extremely talented, he's happy, and he explains the tricks and his mental thought process.

The things that make every other run good, but are unfortunately rare.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

kennyman666 and flatluigi if you want my honest advice

you arent keeping speedrunning drama out of this thread, people are going to wander in and just say poo poo

its something awful in 2016

the best you can do is relax a little bit, because if you don't make a big production about how much you don't want it in the thread then its going to happen a LOT less

you probably won't take my advice, but if you really want to lessen the amount of that stuff that comes up you should think about what I said
:yeah:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Rorus Raz posted:

I think they updated Mario Maker to show top times, so there's a lot of potential there for speedrunning levels.

An eight-way race sounds like a recipe for technical problems though. I'll give major kudos to the tech people for trying it.

It seems easier to manage with modern consoles. But 8 inputs is going to a hell of a lot to have on screen at once.

symbolic posted:

I was wondering if it would be that or if they would just cycle through random, community levels. Either way, it's gonna be hilarious and amazing.

Pretty sure it's a custom level since it's supposed to be a totally blind run. Wouldn't want someone to have happened to play the random level chosen. Plus it's just more fun that way.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Or do something besides post every 5 minutes god drat.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Can you put this in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b56N17d4WnM

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

kennyman666 and flatluigi if you want my honest advice

you arent keeping speedrunning drama out of this thread, people are going to wander in and just say poo poo

its something awful in 2016

the best you can do is relax a little bit, because if you don't make a big production about how much you don't want it in the thread then its going to happen a LOT less

you probably won't take my advice, but if you really want to lessen the amount of that stuff that comes up you should think about what I said

This is true. You can only be trolled if you allow yourself to be a target. If people were more chill about it then it wouldn't get brought up so much. Welcome to shitposting 101.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Here's an idea: how about we stop wasting so much posting time on hypothetical drama and just deal with it when it comes up?

No one's really posting about classic drama (except Eonwe talking about not being "allowed" to talk about it).

Let's just do what we always do: have a nice week long live thread, chat it up, have a good time, and make fun of nerds who deserve it when they inevitably gently caress up.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Blister posted:

AGDQ a charity event for speedrunners who need viewers to become partners on twitch, please understand.

Please don't kink shame.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

No one's really posting about classic drama (except Eonwe talking about not being "allowed" to talk about it).

yea i dont see flatluigi and kennyman complaining almost every post about it either

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Will Mike Uyama have mono again this year?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

its almost certainly going to be premade levels

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

literally a hog posted:

Will Mike Uyama have mono again this year?

brought on from 6000 more hours in marvel heroes

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Eonwe posted:

Yeah if they played random levels the winner would be who can press the skip button the fastest.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

yea i dont see flatluigi and kennyman complaining almost every post about it either

I don't either? Like...Kenny posted once about the drama thing (minus the OP) and so did flatluigi?

I mean, obviously if another Crash 2-like run happens we'll be all over that. So don't worry about being asked not to waste time talking about the drama everyone knows about already?

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, there's too much random BS in the level feed to bother wading through so making a few custom levels is probably going to take as much time as filtering out a few levels that a worth playing at a marathon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

I don't either? Like...Kenny posted once about the drama thing (minus the OP) and so did flatluigi?

I mean, obviously if another Crash 2-like run happens we'll be all over that. So don't worry about being asked not to waste time talking about the drama everyone knows about already?

im trying to decide if your posts contribute any more than mine

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh! Mario Galaxy is being run by 360Chrism

thats going to be really good

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

im trying to decide if your posts contribute any more than mine

Almost certainly not. But this is all pre-marathon BS-ing. I'm just saying don't worry abut it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Almost certainly not. But this is all pre-marathon BS-ing. I'm just saying don't worry abut it.

im not worried about it

im :justpost:ing

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Eonwe posted:

im not worried about it

im :justpost:ing

Same. Chat thread rules. Also: chat threads rule.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The Mario Maker levels are specifically designed for the event.

My recommendation for the thread is that if you're gonna post three times in a row you should use the edit button, it's just good manners.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

My recommendation for the thread is that if you're gonna post three times in a row you should use the edit button, it's just good manners.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Same. Chat thread rules. Also: chat threads rule.

:yeah:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MooCowlian posted:

my suggestion is carepost less

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Awesome Games Done Quick 2016: The Most Degenerate Event Man Has Ever Come Up With

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

Awesome Games Done Quick 2016: The Most Degenerate Event Thread Man Has Ever Come Up With

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Eonwe posted:

That's what I figured.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I look forward to the return of Blind Punchmans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I have a really dumb question. I joined the #sdamarathon IRC channel on QuakeNet and it will not let me chat. I have registered my nick as the PasteBin about the channel states I might have to, but it still doesn't let me.

Other people are chatting so the channel isn't locked down or anything far as I can tell.

• Locked thread