Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i loving hate it when people look good, personally as a smart guy I haven't looked in a mirror in a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
good tattoos are hot
bad tattoos are gross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
"i'd like to get a better job and get my life together, but I can't because I have all these visible tattoos and these giant mutilated earlobe holes so I guess I'll just work retail/food service forever and be a homeless crazyperson when I'm old"

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

hemale in pain posted:

do you own clothes?

e: wrapping yourself in a bin bag doesn't count btw

I do wear clothes (of course), but it's not really analogous since I don't really have a choice as to whether I wear clothes or not. I do have a choice when it comes to a tattoo.

I get your point though, people who try to show off with fancy shoes and dresses and poo poo are just looking for attention. Just like people with tattoos.

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 1, 2016

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

it's nice to buy and wear good looking clothes and be proud of yourself :)

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
When some bitch gets breast implants everyone's like "OMG what a whore". But a girl gets a tattoo and she's like "I'm just a unique snowflake trying to express myself. Here's a picture of a flower on my rear end that represents peace and harmony or some poo poo whatever.".

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

SweetKarma posted:

I also don't like the fact that people with tattoos show them off like they're the one's that actually took the needle and painted it. No, motherfucker, a tattoo artist painted it on your body. A person with artistic talent painted your body and you're showing it off like it's your own artwork. It's like if I tried to pass off a Monet painting as my own just because he gave it to me.

no one on earth thinks this but you

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Haverchuck posted:

no one on earth thinks this but you

Tell that to the last guy I worked with. He was so proud of his tattoos. He was showing them off to everybody like he owned them. It's pretty much innate that a person who has a tattoo thinks they own it. They want to show it off to people. Look at this line work, look at how good the shading is. It's on my skin, I own it. It's mine.

No, it isn't. Sorry. You have a picture on your skin that was drawn by another person.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
By paying for the tattoo you essentially paid them for the license to show it off. It's not your artwork, you're just the canvas. You're basically a skin canvas.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

SweetKarma posted:

Tell that to the last guy I worked with. He was so proud of his tattoos. He was showing them off to everybody like he owned them. It's pretty much innate that a person who has a tattoo thinks they own it. They want to show it off to people. Look at this line work, look at how good the shading is. It's on my skin, I own it. It's mine.

No, it isn't. Sorry. You have a picture on your skin that was drawn by another person.

what a bizarre line of thought. if you ask, im sure that person will happily tell you who did the work. No one with tattoos is trying to "trick" you into thinking they did the art, holy poo poo

whoops. said the thing twice

Haverchuck fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jan 1, 2016

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
A self-abused retarded skin canvas. Enjoy your tattoos.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SweetKarma posted:

Enjoy your tattoos.

Will do

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

sweetkarma you might be an autist im sorry to tell you

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
It's so I can feel closer to my animes, OP.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
whats the solution to not being able to grab a jar from the cabinet

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
op, dude you're a retard. if I commissioned art i'd fuckin show it off, that's the loving point. Oh woah it's on my body instead of in a fancy frame suddenly it's a different story
p sure a lot of tattoo artists have other artists do the work instead of doing it onto themselves

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

sweetkarma you might be an autist im sorry to tell you

really not seeing any evidence for that 'functional' claim itt

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
im asking for real so stop being pussies and just answer the question. how are you supposed to grab jars

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

mister negative posted:

im asking for real so stop being pussies and just answer the question. how are you supposed to grab jars

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
Here's an example answer:

Because I got drunk one night and my friend talked me into getting one down.

Here's another example:

Because I like to express myself with grabbing jars, so you can go gently caress yourself OP.

Another:

I've seen jars with other people and I thought they were cool, so I got one. If the OP doesn't like it then well he can get hosed.

The question is easy to answer, but none of you will answer it.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I never had no type of jars so I dunno

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Haverchuck posted:

what a bizarre line of thought. if you ask, im sure that person will happily tell you who did the work. what a bizarre line of thought. No one with tattoos is trying to "trick" you into thinking they did the art, holy poo poo

I don't think anyone was trying to trick me. I know that if I ask a person who did their tattoos that they would tell me. I think people who have tattoos like to show them off like they're their own. That's all I'm saying. Look at my cool tattoo of a heart with an arrow in it. It represents my love for...whatever. Isn't this cool? No, it's not cool. You paid an artist to paint a picture on your body and it doesn't matter what you think it represents, because it is not yours.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
op needs a tat on his face that says 'gently caress tats' so he can have the 24/7 conversation about how lovely tats are that he really wants

youre welcome op

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

op, dude you're a retard. if I commissioned art i'd fuckin show it off, that's the loving point.

Normally an artist gets to put their name on the artwork. Just because you commissioned it doesn't mean it belongs to you.

derp

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

SweetKarma posted:

You paid an artist to paint a picture on your body and it doesn't matter what you think it represents, because it is not yours.

If I paid for an image and its on my skin I would say its mine. Im sorry dude I can just see you standing in a checkout line somewhere behind somebody with tattoos and just boiling with hate because its not theirs

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I bought a Monet painting. That means it's a painting made by me.

Derpy derpy derpdy dooo.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Haverchuck posted:

If I paid for an image and its on my skin I would say its mine. Im sorry dude I can just see you standing in a checkout line somewhere behind somebody with tattoos and just boiling with hate because its not theirs

Like I said, I don't hate anyone with tattoos. I just don't like people that show them off like they own them. Don't get mad at me because you paid someone for a beautiful picture of a dragon and you resent it.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
some of them have substance and some of them are trying to imitate those with substance.

a blank canvas is pointless, and most people have theirs covered in poo poo so blank would be a step up. its just a sad state all around.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
man, op, you got some weird concepts about poo poo. that's the opposite of basically everything. if I design a car or circuit board or draft a building or something, it's "mine" in the sense that I came up with it, but it belongs to the actual owner. And a large number of arts are not signed in the corner or whatever, it's on the back or unattested, or whatever. Same thing as tattoos, except nobody loving signs their tats because that's ridiculous and would gently caress up the whole idea of that tattoo

I dunno man. I dunno why i'm replying

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

SweetKarma posted:

Like I said, I don't hate anyone with tattoos. I just don't like people that show them off like they own them. Don't get mad at me because you paid someone for a beautiful picture of a dragon and you resent it.

i dont have any tattoos guy. no tats on this hot bod

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
op is invited into a house for once, immediately flails about pointing at art and decorations saying 'you didn't make that' until the cops show up

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

man, op, you got some weird concepts about poo poo. that's the opposite of basically everything. if I design a car or circuit board or draft a building or something, it's "mine" in the sense that I came up with it, but it belongs to the actual owner. And a large number of arts are not signed in the corner or whatever, it's on the back or unattested, or whatever. Same thing as tattoos, except nobody loving signs their tats because that's ridiculous and would gently caress up the whole idea of that tattoo

I dunno man. I dunno why i'm replying

I can't even believe a person like you exists

Yeah, I've got some crazy concepts about poo poo. I'm so crazy that I thought of a thing called "patents". It's so loving crazy. I'm a madman. It's so crazy that not even car manufacturers or electronics companies don't even know about it. Shhh don't tell Ford or Intel that their designs belong to the people that buy their products.

Oh yeah, if only monet had signed on the back of the painting it would belong to whoever bought it.

You are the dumbest person alive.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

cleanliness is next to godliness and god is a homo so im dirty as gently caress

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

people get a tattoos because they keep forgetting stuff they like so they put the pictures on them

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
this keeps getting better. so you should have to personally design and construct everything you use, like cars and computers? you surely didnt design the device you are posting from so you better knock it off before somebody catches you

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I also came up with something else crazy. It's so loving wild that it will flip your lid. I came up with the idea of something called "copyright" It means that when I write a book or a poem or an article that it belongs to me. It's loving nuts. Get this....when you buy a book written by somebody else you don't get to copy it and put your name on it like it's your own.

Even crazier, this works for artwork too. WTF. How crazy is that poo poo?

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
following the op around must be magical.

generic clothes, no entertainment and a bad attitude towards anyone who has anything since they didn't make it

:saddowns:

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

Sometimes hosed-up poo poo happens to your body and it leaves a scar, so you wear that scar with pride because it proves you survived whatever hosed-up poo poo happened. And sometimes hosed-up poo poo happens to your brain, but it doesn't leave a scar, so you get a tattoo in lieu of the scar you deserve.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Because they want them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

SweetKarma posted:

I also came up with something else crazy. It's so loving wild that it will flip your lid. I came up with the idea of something called "copyright" It means that when I write a book or a poem or an article that it belongs to me. It's loving nuts. Get this....when you buy a book written by somebody else you don't get to copy it and put your name on it like it's your own.

Even crazier, this works for artwork too. WTF. How crazy is that poo poo?

copyright is a gay concept of capitalist societies
if you create and display art you do it for the public realm
cant charge me for having a memory dingus

• Locked thread