Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

LOL at the empty stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

zakharov posted:

New Year's hangover says no

there's vomit all over downtown Iowa City right now and that's not stopping people here.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

zakharov posted:

How do I fake being an Iowa fan?

just root for their quarterback who doesn't look like he should be any good but he somehow makes a poo poo load of plays

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Is pulling for Iowa solely because Stanford's band sucks and I hate it a good enough reason?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The Rose Bowl is a cool and important thing.
real dusty

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
https://twitter.com/gregbeacham/status/683041158096891904

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

what is the percent chance that this game will break the trend of every bowl game being bad and one-sided

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Why is she waving like she's retarded

Kangra
May 7, 2012

If you're going to pan on Ken Burns and his family, you have to do it slower than that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

blue squares posted:

what is the percent chance that this game will break the trend of every bowl game being bad and one-sided
Less than 50%, I imagine.

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Kids running around naked fuckin' in the bushes
Sounds about right.
I like the Pac-12 but Stanford? gently caress trees. Go Iowa and their amazing season!

I like this intro :3:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Go Iowa

HOOK

EM

HAWKEYES

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
All the noon games sucked. Let's go a Hawkeye.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jesse Palmer usually has good technical insights but for some reason I can't loving stand him, I'm sorry everyone

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

No Brent, the Time Square ball drop signifies a new year :colbert:

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Brent has the slowest thoughtful intro known to man, Jesse comes in and has to pick up the pace :lol:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

bushes posted:

Brent has the slowest thoughtful intro known to man, Jesse comes in and has to pick up the pace :lol:

There's like a 95% chance that Brent is drunk

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Jesse Palmer is still unmarried. Guess he's picking up where Tiger Woods left off.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fuckin go Iowa

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Emron posted:

Jesse Palmer usually has good technical insights but for some reason I can't loving stand him, I'm sorry everyone
I like Jesse. Sharp dressed, smart football brains, handsome, smart football, looks good, smart oh whatever I just want him to embrace me with those big strong arms.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Emron posted:

His hand movements unnerve me

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

Jesse Palmer is still unmarried. Guess he's picking up where Tiger Woods left off.

If I looked like Jesse Palmer and my job was to spend weekends on college campuses I wouldn't be either.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Musberger is really Musbergering it up right now

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Breaking news: the seniors plan to not lose. Get your bets in before Vegas hears about this

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

bushes posted:

I like Jesse. Sharp dressed, smart football brains, handsome, smart football, looks good, smart oh whatever I just want him to embrace me with those big strong arms.

But then he opens his mouth...

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Go Hawkeye gently caress a Tree

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I hate Stanford's stupid hipster chic

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Was this the bowl game last year where those four black ladies absolutely ruined the anthem?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Like Jesse Palmer is one of the few announcers out there that will say "that's going to be [penalty] on [player]" when a flag is thrown and be right nearly all of the time, that's saying something

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
B-2 STEALTH BOMBER YESSSSSS

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
shits about to get real patriotic

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I wonder if the Goodyear blimp is contractually required to be put in the background:

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Great anthem.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

a stealth bomber??? well how's anyone going to see it, idiots??? smh

folks,

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

Emron posted:

There's like a 95% chance that Brent is drunk
I wouldn't have it any other way. How many times are we going to hear the phrase "His daddy played for..."

Scarf posted:

But then he opens his mouth...
:confused: And then I open mine...?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

"The B-2 Spirit of America"

Overpriced and unnecessary show of military imperialism? Sounds about right.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I more dislike than outright hate Stanford, but Iowa is alright. Go Hawkeyes.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

What a lame stealth bomber I can totally see it

bushes
Nov 6, 2003

gently caress YEAH AMERICA. You see that bomber? YOU SEE THAT. That's how we gently caress up your countries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That plane is flying slow as gently caress

• Locked thread