Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Those characters are a pointless waste of time, much like the episode itself.

like DW in general.
but you're right, this episode is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Practical Demon posted:

I liked this episode, other than the stuff on Earth. I must watch TV wrong.

you might be doing TV wrong yeah. maybe it's not for you? have you considered books or tadpole collecting?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

it seems weird to me to trivialize moffats flaws as a writer by saying RTD was worse. I mean, he was, but saying "it could be worse" isn't a very insightful review of a written work.

also I generally agree with the review. the plot is sort of a mess and it's biggest problem is how moffat leans on references and acknowledged facts throughout instead of plotting.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I mean....they're clearly stupid as hell

absolutely. but it's a kind of goofy stupid, doesn't impact the story much and it was nice not having the doctor constantly wave his magic wand around for a bit. so i didn't mind them.
Also this two-parter has myriads of worse problems than sunglasses.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

If you enjoy doctor who, no matter how, you have probably made some wrong decisions in your life

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

How did we end up with these poo poo episodes on a poll?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

If you don't like it, there is absolutely nothing that makes that poll especially official. Start your own poll! Duelling polls. Then the winner of each poll can compete in a final poll.

We should have a poll to decide how many polls to have. Or just put The Space Museum in the other one.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Tempo 119 posted:

It's a great episode but all the complaints about Face the Raven's climax being overdone, I would say about Heaven Sent instead

i agree, and it's my only complaint with the episode. when he gets to several billion years the numbers have just lost all meaning and become farcical.
it's sort of a DW thing where writers assume bigger numbers mean bigger impact for the viewer.

E: oh yeah, and the music is top notch, not often said about Golds work.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lol, shut up about the snowmen and do some editing of your overwritten review. 75% of it is just you repeating yourself with slight variations

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

ashpanash posted:

Don't you want creative people to occasionally try new things? Maybe they'll be good at it.

yes, it's how we learn. we do different things and then get feedback on those things to improve. this is exactly what happened.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

it's 07:30 in the morning dude

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

whoa, that RTD sure wrote a poo poo episode there. I wish he had quit like, 8 years ago!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Tempo 119 posted:

I went along with the episode for the most part (xmas special low standards I guess) but I couldn't help rolling my eyes at the 24 years thing, holy cow

Whenever i watch doctor who my eyes just spin around in my head frantically, like a cat in a washing machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Toxxupation posted:

i won our bet Oxxidation

feels good, man

Was it a bet to turn me into a virgin after opening this thread in it's current state?

• Locked thread