Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I felt at the time this episode was almost lampooning itself with the number of fakeout cliffhangers it sets up. The doctor is dying! (again!) Missy and Clara are dead! The tardis is destroyed! The doctor is totally going to kill a child! None of these were even remotely believable given the show and characters and have been almost done to death at this point. It almost feels insulting that these are supposed to be what is driving you to want to watch the conclusion, but maybe that feeling is more a symptom of the rest of the episode having so little happening that they felt they had to raise the stakes to absurdity to inject some excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

does the eye-level tablet stand get sold separately or do I have to preorder?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The glasses own, actually.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

BBC article mentions moffat's last series will be spring 2017. So no series this year either I guess? Not much to like about this at all.

This does give Toxx time and good reason to review Torchwood properly though. :unsmigghh:

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 23, 2016

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I've been looking forward to this one

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

Rory dies in it

this doesn't really narrow things down

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Aren't you glad you found your passion again? :unsmigghh:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Occ's evil plans to torment the thread going about as well as the Master's, I see

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

If you don't like it, there is absolutely nothing that makes that poll especially official. Start your own poll! Duelling polls. Then the winner of each poll can compete in a final poll.

Occ's real plan all along was for the old-Who watchers to tear each other apart trying to agree on something

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

Does anyone have a link to the main threads reaction to the zygon two-parter, specifically inversion

Normally I don't care but this is the exception where id like to see everybody else's reactions

Inversion started here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742425&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=91

Invasion you'll want to go back a dozen pages or so

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

You know who's better than marth

Lucina.

Not played a single FE game but agreed with this because WVGCW's Lucina is cool as heck.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

This ep was bad and weird and I didn't like it and the framing actively detracted from the story. Someone died from stepping through knee high flames. I like Reece Shearsmith though.

I wish the episode was about the social/moral/political implications of being able to remove the need for sleep instead of the dust monsters.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 22, 2016

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I really really really really like this episode. its basically perfect

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I really liked the Christmas special, but I like everything Greg Davies does. Still, I think it holds up and sends off River nicely while giving 12 a chance to interact with her.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Having watched Part 1 now let me just confirm - this is "good" right? People like this?

No. Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I was a little sad to see the thread turn into a barrage of old who serial suggestions, but after the reviews I kinda want toxx/oxx to review the whole drat thing.

• Locked thread