Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
why did you two dummies subtly hint at the existence of a new thread instead of just linking it GOD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Toxxupation posted:

Then Ten would do something terrible as the program quickly cut to a shot of Billie Piper's horrified face. The audience would be all like, "Oh no! The Doctor! He's actually a baddie!" But then Tennant would, by around midway through the third act or after the climax, make a sad face at the screen. Then everyone in the audience would say something along the lines of "Oh. Okay. He's actually a goodie, not a baddie. Whew. I was worried there, for a second."
pls trigger warning any posts that are going to give me nam-style flashbacks to season 2, thanks in advance

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

yo remember that part in series two where that concrete slab canonically gives blowjobs to a somethingisawful goon

nope never happened, sorry

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

2house2fly posted:

My favourite part of this drat episode is when Clara says "but the Tardis got blown up!" and the Doctor said "actually it blew itself up safely" and the Tardis reconstructed itself around them. That's like a troll-level resolution

Doctor Who has deadened me into accept its neverending bullshit but that one was a bit much even for me

Jerusalem posted:

That Dalek let her...... inside it.

lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

clicked because I thought it was going to be ghostbusters related, got anime instead

you'll be hearing from my lawyers

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

you complete me

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Oxx'll tell you. I was impossible in this writeup, starting and stopping and procrastinating at every point because I had no loving clue what I wanted to say. I wrote and rewrote and scrapped many different versions of it because I didn't feel confident about any words I put on the page. I couldn't find a single thing that I was passionate about, positive or negative, in "Under the Lake". Was it good? Yes, it was good. Did I care about loving any of it? Christ, no.
ya this hits the nail on the head I M O

genuinely cannot remember any details of this episode

Like, I remember that I watched it and that it had something to do with underwater ghosts but it was such a big pile of nothing that nothing stuck a few short months later

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL DW MOURNING THREAD

mourning our short lives wasted on this show? everything we are, gone in a moment, like breath on a mirror?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

what the gently caress is a chibnall?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

oh god the torchwood guy?

ahahahahahahahah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

he wrote that

lmaooooooooo

Oxxidation posted:

Chibnall's the new showrunner.

ps I am honored that the opportunity to ruin my day is all it takes to bring you back to us :glomp:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

and here I thought he was just off playing Monster Hunter: Final Fantasy Edition

get well soon friend~

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Stormgale posted:

Would you mind explaining these words in this arrangement

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/26/final-fantasy-explorers-review

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

:unsmigghh:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

that's NOT the grade i gave it SV, please do not slander me on the SA forums!!!!

slander requires harm to your reputation. you are an internet dr. who reviewer. there is no possible way to damage yr reputation further . u just got lawyered u watsonian bitch

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

Literally what does this mean?

Soothing Vapors posted:

u watsonian bitch

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I like the shouty alien too. Sometimes he puts on his magic sunglasses and saves the pretty girl with the pointy chin!!!! That is good.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

In all seriousness I like that when we disagree with each other we do it with civility, maturity, and respect, and without unnecessary namecalling or ableist slurs. Or at least it's been that way ever since we that howling retard Tiggum is gone (and hopefully dead)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

The flames of Occ's passion have already been extinguished by the catman's burning breath, so who knows how he'll react to what's coming.
I've been puzzling over these words like a gnostic gospel but I can make no sense of them

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

oxx posting again, occ literally choking to death on his own rage

this page is A+

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

also what are you even mad about, the AV Club told me this ep was great

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lmao

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

just grit your teeth, doctorwhat. you're the only one who thinks this is gross. no one else sees this and you only make yourself sound hysterical when you talk about it so shut up and grit those teeth

actually no, gently caress that, it's super loving awful when the death of a female character whose only offense is "has been visible and proactive without being conventionally attractive" is described as "cathartic". gently caress that and gently caress you.

ahahahahahah

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I feel like Occ has already suffered enough and, as the ones who love him, it's our responsibility to realize that it's time to let him go and make that tear-filled drive to the vet to end his suffering

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Sure I'll do it.

the jaws of that trap sprang shut on Occ remarkably quickly

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This can only end in murder-suicide.

so it must be, for so it was written

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Hahah I kinda like you were all meant to decide together and then one guys just like "nope gently caress it it's gonna be one of these here's the poll"

it's extremely important to get this settled before DoctorWhat gets here and CobiWann's initiative is to be commended

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

hello soothing vapors how's life friend

are you getting fire emblem

are you going to pet a waifu, like me

Sorry I only play Good Games

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I usually have a policy against reading posts that long but I read every word and then looked out my office window and whispered "yeah" to myself

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Occ did you get Fire Emblem: Bang Your Sister Edition or Fire Emblem: White People Edition

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I should have known one game about cartoons loving each other was not enough to quench your insatiable thirst for animes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

i knew if i was a good boy and/or girl one day all of my dreams would come true

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Fire Emblem's kind of boring.

I fall for it every time and buy a copy because I love SRPGs and squad tactics games, and I never make it past like Chapter 8 of boring anime bullshit

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

Awfully Watsonian of you.

:boom:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

this is now the fire emblem thread
is there some secret to making Sakura not die in every mission

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

what usually happens is some flying rear end in a top hat riding a winged fuckasaurus floats lazily over my front line and murders the poo poo out of her, I am def not keeping her back enoug

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

you know about leashin right

just check enemy ranges and keep exactly one dude on the very edge of their range. X button displays the combined ranges of all enemy units, if you select one specific unit with A it toggles on their specific range

fliers have the most movement of any unit, so usually are the longest ranged units so just check to see what weapon the flier is wielding, then place whatever beats that weapon on the triangle as your tank, essentially, drawing aggro

The AI of fire emblem looks for any units that the enemy units can move to and attack in the same turn, and if there's both an enemy unit in range that the unit can attack (even if the attack will do 0 damage), the unit will do so, it only prioritizes units when it has a choice of units to attack (going for units that can't counterattack first (which is why they always kill sakura), then units the weapon has advantage over, then weakened units iirc)

but yeah, the whole game of fire emblem is forcing the enemy to attack into you when it's disadvantageous for them to do so, either because you have terrain advantage or the numbers advantage or you create chokepoints, leashing is The Thing about FE

while I appreciate your tutelage,

Escobarbarian posted:

god drat but does this game sound tedious

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

To be clear it's "you can't grind, don't need to, but that being said it's a very difficult game if you're playing anything at or above hard and classic with no deaths (aka traditional fire emblem) so you might find it unnecessarily punishing with no way to normalize the difficulty

given that they let you grind in Nohr if you're willing to pay 17 bux for the DLC it's pretty Dumb, and Bad

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just review the original show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

oh look, it's that one guy who used to review doctor who

• Locked thread