Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Bad Seafood posted:

I am going to add every Touhou except her.

I guess this settles it: I am going to kill you, and become the new anime moderator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

did someone link this at some point or did the random mix in youtube just score a good hit off of nearby anime videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRO8roT6G5M

its catchy

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
someone did a presentation about legalizing marijuana , that counts as anime I think

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I've never seen this show but I like its cartoony aesthetic more than its realistic one.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I am back from seeing The Hateful Eight. Doesn't reach the high standards set by the last two Tarantino films but heck, I had a good time.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

I've never seen this show but I like its cartoony aesthetic more than its realistic one.

Check out the manga.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

watch the show

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Thankfully the weirdest thing I've ever done was a small paper on some stuff about "problematic elements" of Twilight or somesuch and I got full marks for it anyway so whatever!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I guess this settles it: I am going to kill you, and become the new anime moderator
I have nothing against her but my programming prevents me from actively doing anything that would make Boom Boom happy.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Every single conversation is so tense because everyone is so (rightfully) paranoid, it's great.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

everybody post cool/cute demon ladies

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I guess nobody else is still watching Heavy Object, because if they were it would've been noted that there's a character named Halreed Copacabana

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

It's v. cute but also probably wouldn't work for the majority of the kind of story it is

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

we're going to do it

we're going to movie night tonight

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Check out the manga.

Endorph posted:

watch the show
I probably will.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

we're going to do it

Cool. I'm going to watch the Hateful Eight tonight.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nQJgzF6g6M

One of my all time favorite OPs. Also I loved the anime.

It's so good, i just threw it back in my daily playlist.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Srice posted:

I am back from seeing The Hateful Eight. Doesn't reach the high standards set by the last two Tarantino films but heck, I had a good time.

Srice posted:

Every single conversation is so tense because everyone is so (rightfully) paranoid, it's great.
I am going to see it soonish, but I still feel like Tarantino peaked with Inglorious Basterds.

Which is not to say Django wasn't great, or that I don't expect Hateful Eight to be, but I went in prepared for them not to surpass his previous work.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

we're going to do it

But at what cost...

(the cost is that it will be a subpar movie)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

a kitten posted:

It's so good, i just threw it back in my daily playlist.

I think it may be my all time favorite opening.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

El Burbo posted:

But at what cost...

(the cost is that it will be a subpar movie)
Misread this as superhero movie.

Then I realized I didn't.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I am going to see it soonish, but I still feel like Tarantino peaked with Inglorious Basterds.

Which is not to say Django wasn't great, or that I don't expect Hateful Eight to be, but I went in prepared for them not to surpass his previous work.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting something of Inglorious Basterds' level and I feel like that's the best mindset to be in.

I'm not sure how I feel about it compared to Django yet, outside of Django being a more rewatchable film.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I think it may be my all time favorite opening.

It's definitely close.

Also, Tomoko Kawase is cute as heck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ctiB6M8njs

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Srice posted:

The first half felt mostly like a thematic rehash, which was worrying to me, but the second half steered it in a darkly hilarious new direction. it was from beginning to end competently executed and entertaining tho. Fun fact: I had no idea the movie was 180 minutes so when the intermission came on and the lights went up I was shocked. Shocked!

Didn't even feel like a three hour movie

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

littleorv posted:

Cool. I'm going to watch the Hateful Eight tonight.

who are you

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the best tarantino is from dusk till dawn

look in heart and you will know it to be true

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

The first half felt mostly like a thematic rehash, which was worrying to me, but the second half steered it in a darkly hilarious new ground. it was from beginning to end competently executed and entertaining tho. Fun fact: I had no idea the movie was 180 minutes so when the intermission came on and the lights went up I was shocked. Shocked!

Didn't even feel like a three hour movie

I wish I could have seen the version with the intermission because it's v obvious where the break is supposed to be. At least I knew about it, so I understood what was happening, haha.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

no

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Davincie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj_qdHyH6Ns

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

grindhouse is kinda sad since it's clear tarantino is such a better filmmaker and he's totally left rodriguez in the dust

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

in the new stravaganza: a very large woman punches the brains out of a yeti

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Srice posted:

I liked it a lot. Not as much as Basterds, but I think I would put it near or above Django. I don't think I loved Django as much as most people though.

The dialogue in Hateful was top notch poo poo, my favorite part of Tarantino movies.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Davincie posted:

the only tarantino movie i haven't seen :rip:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

has anyone at all seen the sin city and machete sequels? poor guy

also gently caress both parts of grindhouse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ingorious Bastards has some good performances but is one of my least liked Tarrantino films (only Death Proof is worse). :/

I had just enough self-awareness not to do a class presentation on anime, but I did do one on the sengoku period of Japanese history.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Death Proof is awesome gently caress the haters

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

My first Tarantino movie was Death Proof... I did not like it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I can't believe Samurai Pizza Cats has a recap ep 11 eps in and that its better the most recap eps.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

wow cute.

Also, who is boomboom's favourite Touhou so I can accurately vote in this poll? Alice is pretty good probably top 5 but she ain't the best touhou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Davincie posted:

also gently caress both parts of grindhouse

Sakurazuka posted:

Ingorious Bastards has some good performances but is one of my least liked Tarrantino films (only Death Proof is worse). :/

look at the bad opinion brigade

• Locked thread