Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Happy new year! The president of the US is considering executive options to unilaterally implement gun controls. Obviously the numbers came back positive from Jade Helm and FEMA camps are now fully operational. SEA PATROL (US branch) has stood up and awaits new orders against recreational scoobydo gun owners. I guess the preppers were right! Personally I've noticed an increase of contrails this afternoon and feel a bit drowsy. Welp, thanks for reading. Be safe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Good.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/2016/0101/Obama-to-try-executive-action-on-gun-control-in-end-run-around-Congress

E. On the ap. Did the link get all wonky?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ill let Michelle O come by to try to take away the gun between my thighs if u kno what i mean :obama::gizz:

King of Bees posted:

Happy new year! The president of the US is considering executive options to unilaterally implement gun controls. Obviously the numbers came back positive from Jade Helm and FEMA camps are now fully operational. SEA PATROL (US branch) has stood up and awaits new orders against recreational scoobydo gun owners. I guess the preppers were right! Personally I've noticed an increase of contrails this afternoon and feel a bit drowsy. Welp, thanks for reading. Be safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTMuW1oVQUQ

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I hope he makes guns illegal in January

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

if guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
then the senate has a big fight about guns in February

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Guns aren't going anywhere. All this will do is drive up sales to even higher record numbers than we have already been seeing.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Did you even read the article? He wants to make private sales at gun shows illegal. Big loving deal. That's a giant scam anyway and literally only exists to make the gun a bit cheaper to sell and to let people who are felons buy them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would be nice if senators started killing each other with guns while the senate was in session.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

The sort of things he is trying to implement via executive order aren't that big of a deal. I don't know that the timing is that smart given the current wave of terrorism fear.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Tomorrow I'm going to stand in line to buy ammo for me guns at a 2000% panic markup. "Bring it on!" is my motto. I have some MREs in the garage. Beef stew (my favorite).

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Yeah I am going to buy another 50 magazines for my AKs and ARs in case the hundreds I already have break.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

crabcakes66 posted:

Guns aren't going anywhere. All this will do is drive up sales to even higher record numbers than we have already been seeing.

obama is p good at this

do you remember how obamacare outlawed private insurance by mandating that everyone has to buy private insurance?

or how jade helm scared all the alex jones fans away from obvious displays of open carry idiocy in the state of texas?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Wendigee posted:

Did you even read the article? He wants to make private sales at gun shows illegal. Big loving deal. That's a giant scam anyway and literally only exists to make the gun a bit cheaper to sell and to let people who are felons buy them.

Reading is for losers and sheeple, jeesh. Like anyone can just write anything they want and the chumps will believe it. I read between the lines.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wendigee posted:

Did you even read the article?

nope

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

King of Bees posted:

Tezzor, call your office, stat!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
All Guns sales matter!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

All Guns sales matter!

you'll shoot your eye out

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
As a 3D printer salesman, I welcome these new laws.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I just open carried my rifle into the Rite Aid and looked at the clerk and said "I need a liter of whiskey" and she brought me Canadian Club (pussy poo poo) so she deservedly got shot in the foot and I had to go get my own Knob Creek.

Can't do that in Obama's America when he takes the guns.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

I just open carried my rifle into the Rite Aid and looked at the clerk and said "I need a liter of whiskey" and she brought me Canadian Club (pussy poo poo) so she deservedly got shot in the foot and I had to go get my own Knob Creek.

Can't do that in Obama's America when he takes the guns.

Didn't some guy with an open carry or CCW permit literally do this to a Waffle House worker who asked him to not smoke inside the restaurant?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
How will I feed my family when President for Life Obummer takes my guns?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Hoping it's a prelude to some Palpatine-esque coup to hold onto power for life. Not too enthused about any of them jabroni candidates (Clinton, Sanders, etc).

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I'm glad and I hope to see many gun owners raging and crying over whatever insignificant and very minor changes he ties to make.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol there will be civil war before a good ol' boy turns his gun over to the miscegenationists

Aug 4, 2010

good you dont need guns

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
its one of the best examples of the market being irrational that obama being elected and mass shootings leading to less and less gun control has driven up the price of guns and ammo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Metal Gear?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

eSports Chaebol posted:

its one of the best examples of the market being irrational that obama being elected and mass shootings leading to less and less gun control has driven up the price of guns and ammo

Guns being easier to buy leads to more gun buying, demand goes up, prices go up. Seems pretty straightforward to me

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
**YAWN**

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

someone, somewhere just checked farenheit 451 out of the library

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

this lil bounder just got put out to pasture and his big brother too. their engines are too dang loud to be of any use

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i loving hope this true

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArmZ posted:

i loving hope this true

he only has one month to do it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
take the guns away obama!

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i cant think of a plausible way to enforce background checks on all private sales without some kind of nationwide foid system which will never happen so w/e

there will always be lots of guns and gun ownership has been steadily trending towards being easier and easier if not more expensive so imo they are here to stay. guns. i like em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PromethiumX
Mar 5, 2003
yeah this is just feel-good bullshit so he can say he did something.

• Locked thread