Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
He told them code words to use in their posts for him to pick up on. Pretty clever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I was having QPQ answer yes or no questions by changing the way he started his posts. I figured that was innocuous enough that no one would pick up on it (I was right!)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

For a hot second, I thought maybe Birdstrike was scum and all the misspelled words were code. Then I looked at my keyboard.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Last post I'm gonna make: I went through the Jocasta scum doc and saw that I was, in fact, wrong about my back row theory. This tends to happen to me in Ecco games, where I become distinctly paranoid and come up with wild theories about what is going on. I am usually wrong about the intent, but still end up nailing scum. This is funny to me.

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken

The Lord of Hats posted:

Speaking of battle claims, thank you very much for dying with no claims on you, Viva. That was really useful!
:sparkles:

I was one of the many who was impressed with your game, gj.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

merk posted:

I know you're jaded at the loss, but I'm surprised that you didn't even comprehend what happened this game.

I think you're confusing which of us got frustrated and emotionally over-invested in this game, I actually had a great time.

e: barring that interminable endgame slog, I do agree that 36-hour nights is too long

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
king of bleh is an evil individual who has great times off of other people's suffering: FACT

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
This was never in dispute

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
This was an absolutely wonderful experience, I learnt a lot from everyone.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sorry for not using you in battle Dok. You had claimed bad stats. Thanks for sticking around though!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

King of Bleh posted:

I think you're confusing which of us got frustrated and emotionally over-invested in this game, I actually had a great time.

e: barring that interminable endgame slog, I do agree that 36-hour nights is too long

while both games had huge swathes of lurkers, it's still two 25 person games. That's a lot of people for a day!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes Dok thank you for sticking around despite drawing grumbles all game! Good luck with your stuff and I hope things improve for you!!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima should be a thread leader next time this format is used.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Max posted:

Sorry for not using you in battle Dok. You had claimed bad stats. Thanks for sticking around though!

I always thought you were saving the best for last. :coolfish:

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Podima posted:

Yes Dok thank you for sticking around despite drawing grumbles all game! Good luck with your stuff and I hope things improve for you!!

It's mafia, It's to be expected. Thank you so much!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Doktor Per posted:

I always thought you were saving the best for last. :coolfish:

I was planning on using you in the final battle, but then the game ended earlier than I expected.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

So what's the alternate history explanation were qal won

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tremendous Taste posted:

jocasta crawls away from her camp beaten and bloodied, then suddenly a huge number of legion "reinforcements" arrive to finish the job led by Queen Krelo. They easily overwhelm the horde, and Krelo duels and defeats Qal in single combat. Krelo is surprised Jocasta survived the campaign. Jocasta recovers but she is even more aware how her mom tried to have her killed.

It was technically the canon ending as per An Adventure in Arrentia but historians aren't sure exactly what happened since a lot of written records of the time are lost, and Dr. meg-Tullain is set in her ways.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm glad we got the ending we got. Burning the woods down was cathartic.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Smh nothing ever goes right for my team in your lore

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ecco lied, Jocasta died

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

2/11 was an inside job

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Tremendous Taste posted:

I had such fun rping about the justness of the qalian cause in the dead thread that I considered running an alt history game from the perspective of the real heroes cataloging the gross Jocastrian atrocities and reimagining ecco's fantasy universe but I thought it might be rude and I have loads of my own ideas I'm being too lazy to implement that I decided I probably shouldn't do it.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

EccoRaven posted:

jocasta crawls away from her camp beaten and bloodied, then suddenly a huge number of legion "reinforcements" arrive to finish the job led by Queen Krelo. They easily overwhelm the horde, and Krelo duels and defeats Qal in single combat. Krelo is surprised Jocasta survived the campaign. Jocasta recovers but she is even more aware how her mom tried to have her killed.

It was technically the canon ending as per An Adventure in Arrentia but historians aren't sure exactly what happened since a lot of written records of the time are lost, and Dr. meg-Tullain is set in her ways.

Wow, Arrentia sounds pretty awful.

What would have happened if both groups had killed the others leader?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

QuoProQuid posted:

Wow, Arrentia sounds pretty awful.

Krelo is a great queen but a very bad mom.

It's ok though the Triamulierate was a great time in Arrentish history, proving that even the worst parents can still produce decent kids (eventually).

QuoProQuid posted:

What would have happened if both groups had killed the others leader?

vOv I didn't think it was likely.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

WLOTM here. Ecco, your games are cool and if you ever want to dig me out of retirement again feel free.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Good game.

Sorry I said so much and did nothing of any use ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Gwynplaine posted:

Good game.

Sorry I said so much and did nothing of any use ever.

You were

bretty gud

• Locked thread