Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Opopanax posted:

Oh wait, I just read there were personalized invites. I'm afraid I can't participate until I receive one, on principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

EccoRaven posted:

Invites were sent to players who I thought were not likely to see the initial announcement because they have drifted away from regularly checking mafia threads for whatever reason, and they were people who I thought were cool and should come back.

that is the story thank you for listening!

:blush:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is there still space?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will put in vintage merk effort this game.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I will put "I have a baby and he is the most important part of my life" effort into this

If I lurk I will post a cute as heck baby picture the next day and all will be forgiven I PROMISE

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

i will immediately deduce the scum based on their lovely posts and write a wall of text explaining in clear terms why he or she is scum then you all will lynch me because townies are dumb

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm gonna be in Asia for most of this game, someone who plays mafia from non North America tell me if its harder to play in weird time zones.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Quandary posted:

I'm gonna be in Asia for most of this game, someone who plays mafia from non North America tell me if its harder to play in weird time zones.

ye its harder (but not to much harder)

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
where's hal

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quandary posted:

Deadline's your only issue since you can't usually be around for the hectic rush to lynch someone anyone action and it has happened that I feel either guilty about not participating so I stay awake until unreasonable hours OR you just miss it and it kinda fucks things up for one side or another. It's generally easier to play scum with odd hours since you can rely on your team mates to some degree.

That said it's pretty fine. I like the fact that when I usually comment on stuff I'm just waiting for responses 6 hours later so I can say a whole bunch and not get chastised right away. If you're in East Asia it may be a bit easier since the time difference is either 12 or 24 hours or something so that deadlines tend to work out for you regardless. It's 6 hours off or 18 hours off that prove problematic.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

just effort post more and don't put all your eggs in the deadline basket

you've got like a week and it's 25 people aside, I'd argue being out of timezone means that you don't have to worry about eight people posting before your effort post or poo poo like that

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Quandary posted:

If I stick with 8PM EST deadlines then in Tokyo that's 10AM, Beijing 9AM, and Mumbai 6:30AM.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ecco if you make 8 pm deadlines it makes it pretty possible for me to try to make that 2 am push.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

merk posted:

I will put in vintage merk effort this game.

I will put in vintage JoseV effort this game as well

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

I will put in vintage JoseV effort this game as well

See you guys at the deadline for d1!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Ecco if you make 8 pm deadlines it makes it pretty possible for me to try to make that 2 am push.

it is unfortunate but unavoidable that there is no deadline that is perfect for everyone, but if more europeans sign up I will consider shifting it around though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

it is unfortunate but unavoidable that there is no deadline that is perfect for everyone, but if more europeans sign up I will consider shifting it around though.

That's totally fair. I wouldn't want you to inconvenience everyone for just my sake. At any rate I'll still do what I can to be as active and as present as possible regardless.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's totally fair. I wouldn't want you to inconvenience everyone for just my sake. At any rate I'll still do what I can to be as active and as present as possible regardless.

I would.

next game make a TIME WIZARD third party role that silently changes the deadline up or down one minute tia

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Add me to the insanity.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

kaschei posted:

I will put "I have a baby and he is the most important part of my life" effort into this

If I lurk I will post a cute as heck baby picture the next day and all will be forgiven I PROMISE

I am looking forward to this. If you don't lurk I will be seriously displeased.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i didn't read any post up until my own. im now in this game.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Games with old players are always cool because they all just shitpost all the time and don't read anyone else's posts.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Quandary posted:

Games with old players are always cool because they all just shitpost all the time and don't read anyone else's posts.

same

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

you're bad

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Quandary posted:

Quoting this for what I imagine won't be the last time this game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Varinn posted:

i didn't read any post up until my own. im now in this game.

Varinn you are a minister of farts.

Just saying that to gently caress with name drop analysis

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Podima posted:

you're bad

I mean, you're not wrong.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
If you need more players and/or replacements Ecco I'm sure there are some auspollers who will step up.

Also HEY VIVA :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

If you need more players and/or replacements Ecco I'm sure there are some auspollers who will step up.
we're in no rush, we have multiple RL days before the game is in a condition in which I am comfortable running it. but harass auspollers too! all should join in on the fun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

we're in no rush, we have multiple RL days

See you in June, everyone!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I historically have no clue what's going on in large games but sure, I'll play

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

pumped to guess scum based on RPG elements and get lynched for it.

achaean mafia represent. hope we win this game the same way (the other team making a huge mistake)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Can one of you get Pander in here?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I've played a bunch of BSG with him, I'll PM him to see.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Verr posted:

pumped to guess scum based on RPG elements and get lynched for it.

achaean mafia represent. hope we win this game the same way (the other team making a huge mistake)

Agreed, yes.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

CCKeane posted:

Agreed, yes.

i still have your heart from last soldier game and i'm afraid you're not getting it back

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could get the last few from the recruitment thread . . .

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tommunist posted:

i still have your heart from last soldier game and i'm afraid you're not getting it back

Congrats on not losing something so small.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh I'm comodding this game I should probably bookmark this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Pander is out due to travel :smith:

• Locked thread