Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(I am leaning Kash/Quandary right now since they are both people who have not been kings before but would also have enough time and postpostpost to be good for the job)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
In addition to that, King Quandary just kinda rolls off the tongue well and I think we can all agree to that.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
If you prefer you can call me King Q for short.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Can I call you Poopy McGee for short?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

(I am leaning Kash/Quandary right now since they are both people who have not been kings before but would also have enough time and postpostpost to be good for the job)

Umm. I haven't been a king and you know I postpostpost.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

To be a successful king you have to be a leader of men. Do you have it in you to do that?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I think Quandary should be a king. I think Kashuno and TMM are mafia babies just like me and should have to sit this one out!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I will follow no king that cannot inspire my heart to sing the song of freedom.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I want whatever outcome makes Opop the most angry.

VT with King Diqnol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It's reasonable that Ecco doesn't make me king again. I can only imagine how annoying I'd be if I won both times I was king and make no mistake, I would win again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I think Quandary should be a king. I think Kashuno and TMM are mafia babies just like me and should have to sit this one out!

I'm pretty sure I'm about to break 50 games in 8 months :sun:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BabeLiker90 posted:

It's reasonable that Ecco doesn't make me king again. I can only imagine how annoying I'd be if I won both times I was king and make no mistake, I would win again.

Don't play your hand that I'd be your first round draft pick so early.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

And not a single one is good mafia play.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In all honesty, it should probably be me and Kash because we've basically been going at each other since we both started playing at almost the same time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope Quandary selects for Football Chat Havers

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have also never been King and would like to be one.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
nah Quandary is pretty much decided on my end since he can also take in the Australian players too so he'd have someone to talk to on the reg (I would even not be against adjusted deadlines for each thread to accommodate filthy foreigners).

plus TMM you're rather divisive, no offense but we all once picked two divisive people for thread leaders (me and Varinn) and while it worked out well enough in the end there were a lot of growing pains (like a player in Varinn's thread who refused to ever post because of it *cough piuro*).

kashuno seems like a pretty safe choice in that regard since afaik nobody dislikes him (how can they? he's pretty likable).

I would consider max if he made more of a pitch though! Max come on inspire the people!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well, like I said, I'm a spreadsheet fiend and like to keep a lot of information handy when it's necessary. Also, I think I'm pretty good at making calls and haven't caused people to want to vote me Day 1 based on personality (not a dig at anyone) so I should be able to get along with people. Ecco knows that I generally participate, even when I'm VT, so I'm not going to vanish either.

Also, I would make people call me King Maximilian.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I promise to hate whoever is king.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I promise to hate whoever is keane.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Max posted:

Well, like I said, I'm a spreadsheet fiend and like to keep a lot of information handy when it's necessary. Also, I think I'm pretty good at making calls and haven't caused people to want to vote me Day 1 based on personality (not a dig at anyone) so I should be able to get along with people. Ecco knows that I generally participate, even when I'm VT, so I'm not going to vanish either.

Also, I would make people call me King Maximilian.

I like the cut of this kid's jib.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I promise to hate whoever is keane.

Explains why you're a Red Sox fan, they're none to keen to win games.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Meinberg posted:

I like the cut of this kid's jib.

I think he has moxie

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

kashuno seems like a pretty safe choice in that regard since afaik nobody dislikes him (how can they? he's pretty likable).

ecco I think this is the nicest thing you've ever said about me :3:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Don't make me king. I would shitpost and laugh and/or feel really stressed and be mean.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Kashuno posted:

ecco I think this is the nicest thing you've ever said about me :3:

I am like Scrooge on Christmas Day if he actually fell into a brief coma and awoke on Epiphany minus two.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I dislike Kashuno, the sequel Kashdos is much better IMO.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I propose no kings instead we use elected Stadtholders who are granted executive power for a limited time but may be voted out if we become dissatisfied with their use of said power.

Or at the very least we have queens instead of kings.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

I propose no kings instead we use elected Stadtholders who are granted executive power for a limited time but may be voted out if we become dissatisfied with their use of said power.

Or at the very least we have queens instead of kings.

I agree with this kings are pretty sexist IMO.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

I agree with this kings are pretty sexist IMO.

agreed which is why they are called Leaders and why one of them is a lady.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

Don't get cocky kid

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah whatever. The only reason I'm divisive is because people decide I'm suddenly not telling the truth about my alignment which would be removed since I'd be confirmed town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kash and tmm should be lovers

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hello if you plan to emphasize FUN this game over other things, please quote this post so that when we are, ahem, "in the thick of it" I know who is going to be rude and who is going to be cool

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

Hello if you plan to emphasize FUN this game over other things, please quote this post so that when we are, ahem, "in the thick of it" I know who is going to be rude and who is going to be cool

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Bow down before me, for my reign has begun.

EccoRaven posted:

nah Quandary is pretty much decided on my end since he can also take in the Australian players too so he'd have someone to talk to on the reg (I would even not be against adjusted deadlines for each thread to accommodate filthy foreigners).

This is actually a good idea if you live in a non- NA time zone post and I will make an effort to pick you (unless you are bad or dumb)

BabeLiker90 posted:

I hope Quandary selects for Football Chat Havers

Also this I really like football.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Make me a princess. Not like, a thread leader, but like the third-born daughter who has nothing better to do so she lounges around the war camp all day.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

Make me a princess. Not like, a thread leader, but like the third-born daughter who has nothing better to do so she lounges around the war camp all day.

*snort, adjusts glasses*

ACTUALLY, in the game "An Adventure in Arrentia", the central conflict began when a third-born daughter declared herself the actual heir to the throne, usurping Jocasta's claim. I won't spoil the ending but let's just say it ended well for everyone involved (or nobody, depending on which ending you feel is canon) (it's mine mine was the canon one).

*adjusts glasses again, farts*

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

BabeLiker90 posted:

I put the "fun" into "fundamentally bad at Mafia!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

BabeLiker90 posted:

What meinberg said

• Locked thread