Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Is there any chance at all Wonderboy can defeat Hendricks or should we just resign ourselves to Lawler-Hendricks III/Condit-Hendricks II?

Those are good fights I want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Is there any chance at all Wonderboy can defeat Hendricks

no. probably not.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

We'll see a fat bearded balding man throw and fail to land a straight left for five minutes while dodging flashy slappy kicks and then we'll see said baldy fatty put his head in his crotch for 10 mins.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Is there any chance at all Wonderboy can defeat Hendricks or should we just resign ourselves to Lawler-Hendricks III/Condit-Hendricks II?

The fight is going to look like Hendricks vs Brown

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

BlindSite posted:

We'll see a fat bearded balding man throw and fail to land a straight left for five minutes while dodging flashy slappy kicks and then we'll see said baldy fatty put his head in his crotch for 10 mins.

Wonderboy got cracked a few times in the process of beating Ellenberger, and he wound up surviving and winning in part due to improvements in his grappling game, of all things. I don't expect Hendricks to stop him early on, but I wouldn't be shocked. He's a southpaw like Ellenberger, but probably significantly better at everything. In particular Thompson fights with his hands at his waist, so if Hendricks still has the deceptive quickness and ability to close range with an overhand left from the days when he was KOing everybody, that could make for a short fight.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
maybe wonderboy has learned some fist of the north star style techniques that exacerbate kidney stones and constipation

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

maybe wonderboy has learned some fist of the north star style techniques that exacerbate kidney stones and constipation

Wonderboy will make deer sounds and lull Hendricks into a false sense of security.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fatherdog posted:

[url=https://twitter.com/maraca85/status/683373111685820416]

5% abv is barely even alcohol. McGregor needs to visit Wisconsin so he can learn how beer is done.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Nelson vs Rosholt on whatever card Werdum/Velasquez 2 is on will loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
So Overeem vs. Hunt? Is there a more obvious opponent for Overeem I'm missing?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Robbie Lawler is loving cool, and so is Carlos Condit. These are my uninformed opinions

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Agent Tough Juice posted:

So Overeem vs. Hunt? Is there a more obvious opponent for Overeem I'm missing?

I'd be fine with Overeem fighting for the title. A 3rd fight with Werdum would be real interesting, and Cain would probably beat the poo poo out of Overeem but that's the exact kind of fight he & UFC are going to want after he narrowly gets by Werdum, if he does.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Heavyweight is poo poo. It's all about 155 and 170.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Robbie Lawler is loving cool, and so is Carlos Condit. These are my uninformed opinions

after watching that fight you are as informed as any of us and your opinions are legitimate and good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you're not a qualified arbitrator of good opinions

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
yeah well when you give me a criteria on how leg kicks should be scored in a 10 point must system i'll take your opinions under consideration

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nate diaz hit michael johnson in the head about two thousand times and johnson was still upright what'st the big deal with head strikes?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Jesus Christ duders

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Jesus Christ duders

nah bring up points dickhead how should clean leg kicks be scored? tell me. if not a clean strike, then what else? 2 leg kicks = one jab? tell me what your opinion is

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

nah bring up points dickhead how should clean leg kicks be scored? tell me. if not a clean strike, then what else? 2 leg kicks = one jab? tell me what your opinion is

The scoring should be based around who has more overall effective striking. So a clean low kick can't be "scored" in a vacuum vs a clean jab without context

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the battle of leg kicks v. head punches rolls on

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The forum's own version of the two guys at every pub that try to fight if there's ever mma on.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

yeah well when you give me a criteria on how leg kicks should be scored in a 10 point must system i'll take your opinions under consideration

here: less than clean head strikes, the way they currently are

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

here: less than clean head strikes, the way they currently are

what a fantastically unambiguous alternative, consider me converted

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

what a fantastically unambiguous alternative, consider me converted

what do you want? a mathematical formula? rounds are already scored ambiguously. you've provided no reason at all why the way rounds should be scored should change, except that one time a guy kicked you in the leg and you fell down.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what do you want? a mathematical formula? rounds are already scored ambiguously. you've provided no reason at all why the way rounds should be scored should change, except that one time a guy kicked you in the leg and you fell down.

they loving hurt, and affect effective fighting like most clean head shots do, so yes, i want something that isn't retardedly arbitrary

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
SHUT THE gently caress UP

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

do you want a loving stamina bar ' oh yeah joe that took a lot of stamina away better score that leg kick' or do you just want to concede a good, clean strike? i think my way's easier but come up with your own formula if you feel like it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im at work how hosed up are carlos the conduit condit and robbie

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

do you want a loving stamina bar ' oh yeah joe that took a lot of stamina away better score that leg kick' or do you just want to concede a good, clean strike? i think my way's easier but come up with your own formula if you feel like it

i don't have to 'come up' with anything, i think the current system is fine. i disagree with you on principle because a good clean head strike a; going to, on a blow-by-blow basis, probably affect your ability to fight more than a leg kick and b; far more likely to end a fight than a leg kick.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

minoru suzuki posted:

both tanks, they have a few scratches each

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

minoru suzuki posted:

Less than you'd think

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Leg kicks only count if a Brazilian throws them duh.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
How tough is Carlos Condit? He's fuckin Titanium

https://vid.me/cBKc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

LobsterMobster posted:

Some of those shots Lawler was landing would have killed lesser men :stare:

So if Woodley gets the next shot at Lawler, and if Condit doesn't retire and decides to make one more run(:pray:), who fights Condit? A rematch with Rory?

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

LobsterMobster posted:

That was quick work. Cool vid.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Forceholy posted:

Some of those shots Lawler was landing would have killed lesser men :stare:

So if Woodley gets the next shot at Lawler, and if Condit doesn't retire and decides to make one more run(:pray:), who fights Condit? A rematch with Rory?

I don't want to see them put each other on two fight skids... Condit vs. Maia and Rory vs. Hendricks/Wonderboy winner if Woodley gets the shot.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
there was some fat dude at the bar incredulous at the decision that said "I know the fight game" so I'm hoping he posts here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LobsterMobster posted:

Beautiful

e: At the presser: The guy asking Tumenov questions because he thought he was Lawler makes my soul hurt.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 3, 2016

• Locked thread