Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
drat. That is certainly a marvelous structure you've encountered. All... iridescing.

Like a beetle.

...oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It would be kind of interesting if the AI fought each other instead of you. I mean, ideally they don't treat you with any particular concern despite you being the protagonist, right?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Sorry for the question, but as far as these seedships go, were they all shot at the same planet or were hundreds built and flung in every direction?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, interesting. I guess your personality is pushing you to make a lot of low-level agreements?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, it seems like the aliens are functionally barbarian units, left with less and less roaming terrain and falling further and further behind the power curve. I imagine there isn't anything like the lifecycle bonus from SMAC to serve as a catch-up mechanism, either?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This talk about AIs noticing what you do makes me wonder if there's like, someone who claims land but not water or vice versa, or if the acquisitive people just have a cap circle.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang. So how much of this lean to covert ops was intended and how much is just taking advantage of random events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is there a Hunter-Killer Algorithm equivalent in this game, or some way to get your spies shut down? Though I imagine with your advantage that's prohibitively hard to do.

• Locked thread