Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Cideny de Yuebin
Straza Guild Hall

Surviving a probe crash from orbit after the worst disaster in Rhizin's entire history. Completely losing contact with everything and everyone he's called home and family. Having to settle in one nation and learn alien languages and customs, then having to do that again--twice--after some stupid petty thing from some stupid petty person. All worth it in the end, to bring him here to accomplish his mission. And yet--!

He's felt fear, anger, hatred, and let all of those wash over him as best he can (those are for...lesser beings), but never really annoyance. And yet this excuse for a functionary hemming and hewing over a certain someone's guild application is annoying him now. Not that he's about to show it.

"Thank...you..." he manages to nod and mutter through clenched teeth.

He's four hundred years old, he can show annoyance when he wants to. Because of course he had to change the local currency for the fifth time to get into the city, of course this little man who wants to pretend he's important would stall his mission, OF COURSE he'd have to share a guild with THAT GUY--

but it's all worth it. For the mission. For Rhizin. For his own self respect. Take a deep breath and imagine the lunar stillness.

Craning his head to look out the window, any annoyance on his face disappears back into reservation and quiet. "Is there something happening outside?"

quote:

Goals:
Short 1: Secure some stabilized synthecite
Short 2: Determine extent of Lunarian influence in the last war and the Theobrom catastrophe
Short 3: Find something that pleasantly surprises him
Long: Bring people from Rhizin to the Moon and back

Mechanics:
Class: Engineer
(HP Bonus 16, MP Bonus 0, ACC bonus 1, AVD bonus 4, Skill Points 26)

Statlines:
PWR: 3
RES: 5
DEX: 8
MND: 9

Destiny: 1
Force: (3+5)/4=2
Finesse: (9+8)/4=4

HP: (16+5)*1 = 21
MP: 0
AVD: 4+(8/2) = 6
ACC: 1 + 1 = 2

Abilities
Innate: Invent
Libra
Pandora’s Box

Skills
Awareness 3
Inquiry 5
Language 2
Lore (History) 3
Scavenge 3
Systems 5
Synthesis (Tinkering) 5

Equipment
Lunar light survival cestus (Sword swinging is hard on the moon. Tier 1 Brawl DEX) = 150 GP
Lunar survival laser rifle (No powder needed! Tier 1 Ranged DEX) = 150 GP
Thin Stardust Robe (Rated for vacuum, not blades! Tier 1 Medium armor ARM 4 M.ARM 4) = 100 GP
Potion x 5 (Tier 1 consumable, 100 GP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Cidney de Yuebin
Straza Guild Hall

"I'm not angry," Cidney manages to grumble through a mask of serenity without the guildmaster overhearing. He's busy with the windows anyway, the old--

"Well, let's get back to Rune and tell her that we have her charted, sealed and ready." He gets up, bows, spins gracefully on one foot and pushes open the door. "And we should...oh? Seems like we might have something to do already..." He's a little disappointed that his first job as part of this new guild isn't going directly into the heart of Theobrom, but, well, these things take time, he understands, of course. "Perhaps...several somethings."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cidney de Yuebin
Straza Guild Hall

Cidney sees Berry talking to the captain and has already moved in before Berry can stuff his boot in his mouth.

"We are both discrete and discreet," he says with a slight bow as he injects himself into the conversation. "Well...most of us, anyway." He gives the briefest of off-color glances at Berry before turning back to the captain, placid as ever. "So...about these ruins. Do they have something to do with the noise we're hearing outside?"

I think fishing for more info without making it look too much like I'm fishing for more info is Awareness, right?
[22:19:56] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+3
[22:19:58] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 2+3 = 5...complication!

Too forward, too open...He immediately regrets opening his mouth for that last sentence.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Cidney de Yuebin
Straza Guild Hall->Outside

Don't get angry at them, Cidney, for they know not what they do. Leave it to a bunch of uneduca--simple people with simple needs to obfuscate a perfectly simple question--! Ah, yes, now would be a good time to go before he feels like screaming for them to get their stories straight.

"Thank you for your information," he says as sweetly as he can. "Rest assured we'll do everything in our power to see it resolved!" He motions to Berry to start heading for the door, then starts marching stiffly out to tell Rune the good...and not so good news.

Wolves, bandits or magicite...would definitely help him if the issue were magicite. Hmm...

• Locked thread