Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm looking live at Bank of Colorado Arena in Greeley, Colorado for North Dakota at Northern Colorado. I anticipate it will be exactly the kind of game you'd think it would be...

stupidly chaotic yet entertaining?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Ah, well. Hell of a game!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

Pretty good afternoon/evening of college basketball on ESPN.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

Pretty good afternoon/evening of college basketball on ESPN.

Kansas is hella good this year.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

uncurable mlady posted:

This is about what I expected once it went to overtime. Still, if you had told me two weeks ago we'd even take Kansas to overtime I would have laughed in your face.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

uncurable mlady posted:

Kansas is hella good this year.

Ullis is a real murderer though, drat. Too bad Skal is so rough.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

This is about what I expected once it went to overtime. Still, if you had told me two weeks ago we'd even take Kansas to overtime I would have laughed in your face.

Pretty much this yeah.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Tyler Ulis is my spirit animal tho

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

elentar posted:

stupidly chaotic yet entertaining?

That pretty much covers it! In one sequence they just took turns turning it over for a couple minutes. Northern Colorado has the worst defense in the nation according to kenpom..

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU streak of winning 158 straight games when leading with 5:00 to go: IN PLAY

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

159 straight :)

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
gently caress this stupid rear end program. Wynn or someone better pony up the 3 mil to get a great coach

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

159 straight :)

Also gently caress you

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

very rude

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

The ncaa won

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ross Angeles posted:

Oregon is really good

They are, I'm just (still, days later) bitter because if you shoot 75% for a half you should be leading by more than 1.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Four minutes into OSU Maryland and they still have no announcer feed on CBS. Good

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
man, the first 10 minutes of the osu maryland game were great and then everything turned to poo poo

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

kittenmittons posted:

man, the first 10 minutes of the osu maryland game were great and then everything turned to poo poo

They are playing them tough, but one thing that irritates me about Matta is that he will fill his starting lineups with the athletic long guys, even if all of them are erratic shooters. Williams will sit on the bench while Loving, Diop, and Lyle play hot potato trying to decide if any of them can shoot that day.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't have it in me to see the cats rolled for the fifth consecutive game, but time really is ripe for a logic-defying tre demps game

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
marc loving trying to run with a basketball is like a baby calf taking its first steps

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine being subjected to northwestern basketball and ted cruz campaign ads simultaneously

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

imagine being subjected to northwestern basketball and ted cruz campaign ads simultaneously

This is has been what commercial breaks on BTN have been like for every Iowa athletic event since like last year.

Also Iowa's offense is kinda garbage all of a sudden

E: Pete Jok took care of that pretty much on his own

MourningView fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 31, 2016

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I love Wayne Selden :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry2UQW-Pp2I

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Evansville only shot 5/21 in the first half, turned it over 12 times, and DJ Balentine didn't score but Wichita St is only up 11 at the half.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Michigan State had something similar, we hit something like 8 3-pointers but Rutgers was only down 11.

That said, I'm not sure what the word for what MSU is doing to Rutgers in the second half is, but I'm pretty sure it's quite possibly the closest thing to murder that can happen on a basketball court short of actual murder.

E: MSU has just tied the school record for threes made in a game at 17, with 6 minutes left.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 1, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So glad this team joined our conference

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Well, I correctly predicted Demps going for 30, but a bad Northwestern continues to not be able to beat top 25 teams

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

Well, I correctly predicted Demps going for 30, but a bad Northwestern continues to not be able to beat top 25 teams

Y'all went on a heck of a run after we put in all the freshmen who hadn't played all year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

Y'all went on a heck of a run after we put in all the freshmen who hadn't played all year

whoa are you telling me the #3 team in the country beat a bad team at home, holy poo poo (i didn't watch the second half)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

whoa are you telling me the #3 team in the country beat a bad team at home, holy poo poo (i didn't watch the second half)

It wasn't really surprising that Iowa won I was just surprised they got up so much, especially since outside of Uthoff no one shot well in the first half and Woodbury missed a lot of time with foul trouble. Northwestern couldn't handle a press at all. Iowa got up like 30 with 5 minutes or so left, emptied the bench (Andrew Flemming played for the first time since the Tennesee Tech game in mid-December), and then Nortwestern went on a huge run to get it down to 14 or whatever the final margin was.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
God drat Illinois is So. loving. Bad.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

It wasn't really surprising that Iowa won I was just surprised they got up so much, especially since outside of Uthoff no one shot well in the first half and Woodbury missed a lot of time with foul trouble. Northwestern couldn't handle a press at all. Iowa got up like 30 with 5 minutes or so left, emptied the bench (Andrew Flemming played for the first time since the Tennesee Tech game in mid-December), and then Nortwestern went on a huge run to get it down to 14 or whatever the final margin was.

Northwestern has lost by 30 twice in the last week, man.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

americanzero4128 posted:

God drat Illinois is So. loving. Bad.

ugh how did you beat us

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
February thread title ideas?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have no good ideas because I am desperately trying to come up with one for the N/V thread.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

They should probably both refer to how cool and good the Iowa Hawkeyes are.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Feb Thread: Its now a FULL CONTACT SPORT in the Big12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It should involve Temecula dirt.

• Locked thread