Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
They do good work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
:firstpost:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
A lot of people in countries like Senegal rely on the fishing industry and rely on Sea Shepherd to keep their seas relatively clean

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I wish they used violence to save the whales. Like give them a 3 inch gun or something to sink the imperial fleet.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Have they salvaged their loving cigar boat yet? The one they deliberatly sank and got caught lying about.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
WARNING! WARNING! THIS IS THE NISSHIN MARU CAPTAIN! STOP YOU AGGRESSIVE ACTIONS IMMEDIATELY! IF YOU DARE TO BOARD THIS VESSEL YOU WILL BE TAKEN INTO CUSTODY AND RESTRAINED AS ILLEGAL INTRUDERS UNDER JAPANESE LAW!

RESEARCH my rear end

Free Bethune

Raise the Ady Gil

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 3, 2016

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Whales have gold inside them thats what they are researching for

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

This isn't the star wars thread.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

what's in the box?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Mine is a tie between Watsi and MSF/Doctors Without Borders. Thanks.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Nisshin Maru, Nisshin Maru this is Bob Barker, stop killing whales and go back to Japan...over

*every loose hippy bitch on the boat suddenly gets hot in the puss for Peter Hammarstedt*

WARNING WARNING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLGa0E3OXk

^ Sea Shepherd's Greatest Hits

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

Free Bethune

Raise the Ady Gil

That was the best season. That guys crew said that none of the SS girls were worth loving and they smelled like hamsters, then they inevitably got upset with their orders and the captain decided to go to prison lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

The first season was also cool because they had that doctor who conflicted with Paul Watson a lot on the topic of safety, like Bones and Kirk, to the point that I think he was ordered off the bridge at one point.

Anyway, I thought they were going to have a fun relationship, like Star Wars, but then this is real life and the doctor left because he didn't want to be there to watch people die for no reason lol

Aug 4, 2010

he just out there ramming other boats? what an rear end in a top hat, you do that on the road you're probably going to prison

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Professor Shark posted:

The first season was also cool because they had that doctor who conflicted with Paul Watson a lot on the topic of safety, like Bones and Kirk, to the point that I think he was ordered off the bridge at one point.

Anyway, I thought they were going to have a fun relationship, like Star Wars, but then this is real life and the doctor left because he didn't want to be there to watch people die for no reason lol

^ this dipshit right here was cast out for being too crazy/inept for Sea Shepherd, if u havent seen then just imagine what i have just said

^ literally gives me the feels

nevermind, it was the farts

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 3, 2016

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Is the pilot still around? He was the coolest out of all of them, just dumb and gullible.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Professor Shark posted:

Is the pilot still around? He was the coolest out of all of them, just dumb and gullible.

I don't think so, I can't recall the details but i think he was no longer able to commit to the cause and had to return home to pay the bills and feed his family

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The world's loneliest whale bums me out :(

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The New Yorker article that picture is from is amazing

Paul Watson is an actual literal insane person. His best friend as a child was a beaver and one time he shot a kid because he was about to kill a bird

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

I don't think so, I can't recall the details but i think he was no longer able to commit to the cause and had to return home to pay the bills and feed his family

The last season I watched the crew was pushing him to throw stuff out of the helicopter, I'm glad he got out

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hire and arm Somali pirates. Give them letters of marque against Japanese whalers.

Put that poo poo on pay per view.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
i genuinely enjoyed the season where they were cruising around those viking islands were the whole town herds whales into shallow waters and then chops them up with kitchen knives and poo poo like that

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hazo posted:

Paul Watson is an actual literal insane person. His best friend as a child was a beaver and one time he shot a kid because he was about to kill a bird

i literally cant stop laughing at this. i dont know why i think my brain is misfiring

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love loving that dank dolphin pussy

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
If you want to sink boats, be a pirate.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

Put that poo poo on pay per view.
oh grampa

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Hazo posted:

quote:

As a child, Watson looked up to his maternal grandfather, Otto Larsen, a painter and bare-knuckled boxer who was a veteran of the Spanish-American War and the Boer War and later became a war resister. (Larsen, a native of Copenhagen, was expelled from Denmark as a teen-ager after refusing to kneel before the Queen.)

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Why don't the Japanese outfit one of their "research" vessels as a Q-Ship and then create their own show that revolves around luring dumb-rear end eco-terrorists into range before blowing them out of the water? Instant Emmy Award.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one even wants that japanese whale meat that they research straight into restaurants. sometimes it gets turned into pet food.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Frolicking posted:

no one even wants that japanese whale meat that they research straight into restaurants. sometimes it gets turned into pet food.

in iceland they use the blubber as fuel for their whaling ships :regd09:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

they also force japanese school children to eat it for national pride in lieu of a pledge of allegance

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Enfield posted:

in iceland they use the blubber as fuel for their whaling ships :regd09:

i saw a documentary once that said lots of tourists who come for whale watching in iceland also try whale meat at local restaurants. that is hosed up.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

i saw a documentary once that said lots of tourists who come for whale watching in iceland also try whale meat at local restaurants. that is hosed up.

I wouldn't waste hours watching something that I couldn't eat.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

It beats watching them murder trainers in gladiatorial combat.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

They're being overwhelmed by the Japanese whaling fleet though. :(

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I actively root for the whalers and if you don't you probably smell godawful.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I saw a video where they dynamited a beached whale but used too much explosive so it covered everyone in bloody whale guts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The Sea Shepherd's TV show Whale Wars was loving amazing, I'd never seen anything like it.

Everyone started watching it all "Yeah, killing whales is bad. You go stop them, brave warriors" and incredibly quickly turned into, "Holy poo poo, these people are dangerously incompetent loving idiots."

It was great tuning in each week to see how the Sea Shepherds would top their previous performances in almost killing themselves and failing in every way imaginable over and over and over.

• Locked thread