Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
She's on the loving Star Wars wiki now. She's asking me how many kids Hans Olo has and I had to explain the concept of canon when she started bringing up EU characters.

I don't understand why this is happening to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
your only recourse is to travel back in time and seduce your dad into the homosexual life style before he impregnates your mom.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

your only recourse is to travel back in time and seduce your dad into the homosexual life style before he impregnates your mom.

That would mean he'd be sexhaving during the 80s. I don't want my dad to get AIDS.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

i suggest you write out your thoughts on canon and present it rationally to er at another time maybe quiz that sniz

Lego Stormtrooper
Jul 29, 2008

This is pretty much the only thing to do.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uueaaah here come the rooster yeeeeaaaaaahhhhh

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
He aint gonna diiiiieeeeeeyeyeyeyeye

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wife and kids. Household pets.

Army green was no safe bet

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeeeeeaaah here come the rooster yeeeaa-aEEEEEYAAAAA

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Please show us a pic of your mom.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
unfortunately, your mom has contracted autism. the only solution is to vaccinate her until she becomes so autistic it wraps back around to normalcy.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Gloriaahh sends me pixrures of my boys
Wawm wawm

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
show her the darth jar jar theory then make her watch Episode I over and over until she agrees.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Just like you had to show your mom how to email you need to introduce her to wookiepedia

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Woooooh oooh ooooh pooh oooh wooohoohoo

Wooo hooo

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Isaac posted:

Woooooh oooh ooooh pooh oooh wooohoohoo

Wooo hooo

a very cogent post by forums poster "Isaac" thank you for the contribution.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FrenchToasty posted:

Please show us a pic of your mom.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

No can do, sorry internet friends.

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

Just tell her its a loving cartoon for children and to get over it already

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
"And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Star Wars is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of dumbshits, and the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird."

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

they're important questions

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Some guy online pointed out that in one of the first trailers it has Luke saying something like "The Force is strong in my family, I have it, my father had it, my sister has it, and YOU have it.."

:shrug:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
then he touched r2d2 with his robot hand so obv r2 is a jedi (and lukes sister)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Professor Shark posted:

Some guy online pointed out that in one of the first trailers it has Luke saying something like "The Force is strong in my family, I have it, my father had it, my sister has it, and YOU have it.."

What I got you gotta give it your mama, what I got you gotta give it to your papa, what I got you got to give to dog till you do a little dance and and you drink a little water.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Volcott posted:

She's on the loving Star Wars wiki now. She's asking me how many kids Hans Olo has and I had to explain the concept of canon when she started bringing up EU characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Honestly, I don't think I'm old/Jewish enough to pull off that song. This is a much lower tier of first-world white person problem than what you'd see in a Larry David production.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Volcott posted:

Honestly, I don't think I'm old/Jewish enough to pull off that song. This is a much lower tier of first-world white person problem than what you'd see in a Larry David production.

if you're not willing to time travel, you don't have many more options.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Volcott posted:

Clearly your only option is to EBAY every single Star Wars novel ever made and tell her "It's all true, all of it."

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

if you're not willing to time travel, you don't have many more options.

I mean, I enjoy a good deli sandwich and I can kinda play mahjong but that's about it.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ALTERNATE OPTION: Make her watch the Star Wars Christmas Special

It might cure her of caring

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
your mum knows about star wars EU?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

gender illusionist posted:

your mum knows about star wars EU?

She does now? I guess?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
She needs to know about the lightsaber armor.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Politicians hide themselves away; they only started the war. Why should they go out to fight? They leave battle to the poor.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Professor Shark posted:

They took that line from return of the jedi.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Star wars and star trek are both garbage for children and tumblrites hth

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOeKidp-iWo

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Volcott posted:

:sever:

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Rey is the new incarnation of Ken Palpatine - like Kylo Ren is based on Jacen Solo

It turns out Leia in this movie is a robot and the real Leia is being held on Mount Yoda.

• Locked thread