Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I thought I hated anything much stronger than beer but on a whim I recently bought some Russian standard vodka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Standard_%28vodka%29 and it's really nice. Doesn't taste like paint thinner, nice creamy mouth feel and cheap as chips. I had dismissed spirits as drinks so intolerable people have to mix them or at best only fit for alcoholic Scottish people. But in light of Russian standard I'm interested to try new things. So GBS what is your favorite reasonable priced distilled beverage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Johnnie Walker blue label...

(i'm gonna get bashed into eternity again, aren't I?)

Begin....

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Gin is my favorite, I stay away from the really cheap stuff but Beefeater and Greenall's are both good at reasonable prices. Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray 10 are both excellent if you're willing to splurge. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the finer gins are wasted on G&Ts - you can definitely taste the infusions in a Sapphire G&T. Also, Winston Churchill was dead wrong about martinis, they do benefit from a splash of dry vermouth.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Senator's Club

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Johnnie Walker blue label...

(i'm gonna get bashed into eternity again, aren't I?)

Begin....

i like johnnie walker red label. gently caress you :lol:

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

i like johnnie walker red label. gently caress you :lol:

I am not going into that again, it only results in bans (on my part).

Blue rules.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Filthy Hans posted:

Gin is my favorite, I stay away from the really cheap stuff but Beefeater and Greenall's are both good at reasonable prices. Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray 10 are both excellent if you're willing to splurge. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking the finer gins are wasted on G&Ts - you can definitely taste the infusions in a Sapphire G&T. Also, Winston Churchill was dead wrong about martinis, they do benefit from a splash of dry vermouth.

Honestly, the 4:1 martini is the best martini. On the other hand, I like gin or rye mixed with orange soda so what do I know.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
only good spirit is tasteless vodka that you can mix into something else and get hosed up quick

all other alcohols are a waste of space and time

Aug 4, 2010

whatever gets me drunk the fastest

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Elderberry toilet wine.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

gin is good, and it's nice to try different ones like Aviation or Jinzu every so often rather than just Gordons all the time. they're like double the price of what would be considered "normal" gin but it's worth it in a bar now and again

major problem with g&ts is bad tonic; went to some place which made it out of quinine powder and soda water, which was really good

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

whiskey. bourbon > scotch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> irish

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.

Y-Hat posted:

You're saying scotch is better than Irish whiskey? Pistols at dawn, motherfucker.

EAB
Jan 18, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

I think you meant scotch >> irish >>>>>>>>>> bourbon

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
mid tier American bourbon and good spiced rum.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
my favorite by far, rum&coke is my drink of choice and sailor jerry makes the best:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i only really drink when i take adderall but my favorite liquor is absolutely Kentucky Gentleman with cheap sour mix

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

There's so much variety in scotch that it's tough to rank as an entire category. Pretty much every Irish whisk(e)y I've had was pretty boring and inoffensive at best.

Bourbon is supposed to be cheap and clumsy. There's a lot of tasty stuff out there though.

When vodka is good it's generally pretty flavorless. It's really only for mixing with stuff.

My wife got me to try Hendricks gin, I really like the cucumber and it works really well in some cocktails (but not everything). Sapphire is very good.

That is all.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Anything not clear is the way to go.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

jäger because im a bitch

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

the only gin i've ever tried is seagrams and it tastes like death

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
gin, rum, vodka, whiskey, bourbon, whisky, and scotch.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
ghost spirits.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like boorbon

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I never understood the appeal of water sports. I dont' care if it is in the Olympics.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Wicker Man posted:

I never understood the appeal of water sports. I dont' care if it is in the Olympics.

yeah pissing all over people not my cup of tea.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Mathlete
Nov 30, 2005

It's hip to be a squared square.
Clan muthafuking macgregor. King of the bottom shelf

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

caspar the angry ghost

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

prison toilet wine

e: or jenkem

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Czar's Gold

/thread

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Holy Spirit.

context

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

the blood of my enemies

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
McCallan scotch and Woodford Reserve bourbon.

I'm also a big fan of cognac and I don't have much preference there. For gin, Beefeater.

Sucks that good scotch costs so much. I usually end up getting cognac since it has the best cost/taste ratio of the dark liquors.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
A friend turned me on to good Nicaraguan rum, specifically Flor de Caña. Kinda sucks because it's expensive and Bacardi tastes like paint thinner now. I also like Sailor Jerry for spiced rum.

Gin is good in Cheerwine.

Sambuca is ace for getting drunk with your mom.

Last night a different friend shared some super-fruity vodka liqueur with me. I often don't like really sweet stuff (the sickest I've ever been involved maple liqueur, so that made a lasting impression), but it actually tasted really good. :gay:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ive been eating spinach for a week and now my poo poo is green, i fear permanently.

help.

also, diet moxie and jim beam. i call it a vermont trailerpark

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Skol gin, under $15 (after tax) for a 1.75. Can't beat that!

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just drank half a liter of gin and am heading to the bar. will update every 15 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I'll die defending my love for Evan Williams.

• Locked thread