Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
I swear to god the over 30-something crowd is obsessing over them these days, it's a god drat cult.

What the hell is up with this relic from the 70's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
You can cook meatballs in them.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have one but it's too much work so I took the ceramic bowl out and used it as a popcorn bowl, was a good "hack" as they call it.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
it's a bread machine that can cook a whole dinner, OP

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
gf bought one. it arrived 2 days ago and is sitting on the counter. what does it do?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's cool to put a bunch of poo poo in a pot in the morning and then come back from work to a hot meal

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Lazy cooking, OP. HTH

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
They're okay for cooking some things but frankly I consider them lazy.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
honestly i wasn't aware they went out of fashion but i'd much rather have one than a keurig machine

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
theyre good for keepin' your balls warm

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's cool to put a bunch of poo poo in a pot in the morning and then come back from work to a hot meal

This is true. And good for chili as well.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

VendaGoat posted:

Lazy cooking, OP. HTH

I have one and use it pretty regularly and this is truth.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Crockpots are cool and good, you put food in, then you eat the food, a good thing.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Dandywalken posted:

This is true. And good for chili as well.

I use a pressure cooker for my chili. It takes half an hour with a mixture of beef chuck and pork butt.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i put a bag of onions in mine and turned it on and when i came back from work the onions were exactly the same as before because it wasn't plugged in. i co uld barely eat them

gently caress crock pots

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
also the 70s owned, ragging on the fashion of particular decades is a sign of low consciousness

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Tom Gorman posted:

i put a bag of onions in mine and turned it on and when i came back from work the onions were exactly the same as before because it wasn't plugged in. i co uld barely eat them

gently caress crock pots

Fuckin lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
just sous vide, lmao

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Crock pot plus Cajun-flavored boiled peanuts OP

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I brew moonshine in mine

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Crockpots are cool and good, you put food in, then you eat the food, a good thing.

I don't get what's so hard to comprehend here. Put cold food in and get hot food out. A modern marvel, really.

OP what do you have against turning cold food into hot food?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

President Kucinich posted:

I don't get what's so hard to comprehend here. Put cold food in and get hot food out. A modern marvel, really.

so why the gently caress do i ned a crockpot then i have a toaster smh

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's cool to put a bunch of poo poo in a pot in the morning and then come back from work to a crock of poo poo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

C. Everett Koop posted:

You can't make a stew in a toaster, sweet cheeks

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

just sous vide, lmao

I use my crock pot to do sous vide it rules

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Three Olives posted:

I swear to god the over 30-something crowd is obsessing over them these days, it's a god drat cult.

What the hell is up with this relic from the 70's?

people get weird as gently caress the minute they turn 30, like they legit think its time up and to start acting like an HGTV shutterstock person. what a crock of poo poo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

President Kucinich posted:

3O is a notorious under miner of thermodynamics.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Bread can go into both toaster and crockpot. Soup should not go in toaster.

Crockpot is superior.

Aug 4, 2010

slow cookers are amazing i use mine all the time

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
by the time someone turns 30 the cultural wave they grew up in has run its course. and what do you know, they start to feel some affinity for the artifacts of that wave as well as earlier waves that have come and gone because now they understand the relentless march of time

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 3, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
3O you can use a crock pot to make a delicious stew out of the homeless people you hate so much

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Honestly, I don't see why there should even be a contest between food warming methods. All food warming methods matter.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Three Olives your thread is loving garbage and you're the worst poster on this forum by a country mile. Why hasn't one of your johns strangled you yet you loving shithead

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Because I want pulled pork but don't want to walk in 3 feet of snow in -20 weather to get to my smoker.

they are also handy for pot luck lunches at work.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I made hot chocolate in a crock pot this Christmas, it was convenient.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're lazy as hell and make everything have the same bland taste and texture, a good tool for the cuisine of flyover country.

Aug 4, 2010

i hope in the future we all embrace sous-vide cooking

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You get one from your parents when you're 20, bu no one uses it until they're 30

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

www posted:

i hope in the future we all embrace sous-vide cooking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
I use one a few times a year to make huge batches of chili you just throw a bunch of poo poo in and then leave and go do something else. Get one and burn down your apartment 3O.

• Locked thread