Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
I am angry

ANGRY ABOUT APPLIANCES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

setafd posted:

I've got your dutch oven right here

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Uhh, I made some amazing meatballs, tomato sauces, and chili's in a crockpot and all I did was basic prep work, plopped it in, set the timer and temp and then hosed off drinking beer all day.

It's a great device, I couldn't even pretend not to like them!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Three Olives posted:

I joined the cult but you have to put stuff in it.

I'm the wood bowl from tj maxx

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I want one for making chilli and caldo

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

haljordan posted:

I reported this thread to be gassed but I guess the mods have a soft spot in their hearts for the insufferable human being known as Three Olives.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No, I really don't have a soft spot for three olives, any more than any other goon. However, acting homophobic on your part is unacceptable.

I thought that a discussion of crock pots might actually be of some interest. I like using my crock pot, it makes my life easier.

Besides, I don't think we've had a thread devoted to the crock pots before.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

genesplicer posted:

Besides, I don't think we've had a thread devoted to the crock pots before.

I agree with this sentiment but

I'm getting so loving old

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good appliance to fill that lonely back corner of the cupboard.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
The crock pot we use was one of three we got for our wedding. That was 26 years ago, and it's still chugging along fine. The other two we returned for store credit and bought a waffle iron.

I'm guessing mentioning waffle irons will push somebody's buttons, and we are now going to end up with a battle over whether waffle irons are worth it or not.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

genesplicer posted:

The crock pot we use was one of three we got for our wedding. That was 26 years ago, and it's still chugging along fine. The other two we returned for store credit and bought a waffle iron.

I'm guessing mentioning waffle irons will push somebody's buttons, and we are now going to end up with a battle over whether waffle irons are worth it or not.

why the gently caress would anyone be against a waffle iron? they are absolutely worth it if you're anything beyond a casual waffle fan

granted I got mine for free from a raffle so I may be biased

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I'M SO loving OLD

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

I have but one question.

How often do you use said waffle iron?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

why the gently caress would anyone be against a waffle iron? they are absolutely worth it if you're anything beyond a casual waffle fan

granted I got mine for free from a raffle so I may be biased
loving casuals with their welfare waffles

welffles

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Pork loving BBQ sammiches. That's why.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Retarded Pimp posted:

Pork loving BBQ sammiches. That's why.

hell yes to this.

also if you guys arent making up a few slow cooked roasts, carving it up and freezing individual meals with potatoes or pasta, you're missing out big time. I have up to 30 frozen meals in the chest freezer at any given time, ready to grab before work. It rules.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

genesplicer posted:

I really like waffles.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hot Jam posted:

I use one a few times a year to make huge batches of chili you just throw a bunch of poo poo in and then leave and go do something else. Get one and burn down your apartment 3O.

Beans or no beans?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

VendaGoat posted:

I have but one question.

About once a month. So, a little over 300 times so far. Not too bad.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

I have but one question.

100% of the time I'm making waffles

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
look I think we can all agree that the panini grill is the ultimate appliance, a tour-de-force of versatility in home cooking that can do anything from quesadillas to hot dogs

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

genesplicer posted:

About once a month. So, a little over 300 times so far. Not too bad.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

100% of the time I'm making waffles

Sorry Genesplicer, but he got you on the comedy option.

But, I love both of them :golfclap:

:D

Olive Mohel
Nov 8, 2006

Life is more than a series of ones and zeroes.

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

look I think we can all agree that the panini grill is the ultimate appliance, a tour-de-force of versatility in home cooking that can do anything from quesadillas to hot dogs

I got a panini grill for Christmas and I expect I'll use it almost as much as my crock pot (a lot). I have a dedicated quesadilla maker I got stuck with years ago, now there's a waste of countertop space.

EDIT: What's the most useless appliance? I'm going to say those donut maker things. Sodastream is up there too.

Olive Mohel fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 4, 2016

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Downercut posted:

I got a panini grill for Christmas and I expect I'll use it almost as much as my crock pot (a lot). I have a dedicated quesadilla maker I got stuck with years ago, now there's a waste of countertop space.

EDIT: What's the most useless appliance? I'm going to say those donut maker things. Sodastream is up there too.

probably sodastream for sure. Or Magic bullet. those things are hot garbage that end up as lovely christmas presents that aren't even worth $10 bargain at a garage sale.

I have an old-school pasta roller that I only use like once a year when I get a wild hair up my rear end to make pasta from scratch and then I do so and immediately remember why I rarely do it. I should probably just get rid of that thing.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Downercut posted:

fondue pot

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Gazpacho posted:

fondue pot

Eh. That's more of a really special occasion thing so I'm not sure how much that counts. We have a tradition for making big fondue dinner on Christmas Eve so I like it but yeah, it's another rare thing I use like almost never so it just sits in storage.

I think Popcorn Makers are up there since stovetop is just as easy without a lovely appliance. Electric can openers are also dumb as gently caress.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 4, 2016

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
lmao two relatives gave each other soda streams for christmas and were hyping them beyond belief the whole holiday week. straight DUMB poo poo

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
my parents got a fondue pot as a wedding gift. it's been sitting on the same shelf for decades.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

what the hell is the actual point of soda streams, like what benefit do they have for the consumer

i'm legitimately curious if im missing something here because from what I've seen you're just like adding four steps to the process of buying and consuming soda.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

what the hell is the actual point of soda streams, like what benefit do they have for the consumer

i'm legitimately curious if im missing something here because from what I've seen you're just like adding four steps to the process of buying and consuming soda.

rather than sending your money to coca cola murdering union maoist thugs, it goes to the IDF. This has nothing to do with crock pots!

is it worth it to get the one with the fancy timer on front?

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
Hey for some reason I have a bug up my rear end to buy a convection toaster oven, anybody got one of those and is it as useful as I'm imagining it would be?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Myron Baloney posted:

Hey for some reason I have a bug up my rear end to buy a convection toaster oven, anybody got one of those and is it as useful as I'm imagining it would be?

It's useful if you want a small oven to cook food with. I think the only real benefit is it would heat up a lot faster than a big oven.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I want a crock pot

Which one should I get?

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Myron Baloney posted:

I had one and it was a glorified garlic bread and fish stick toaster. It was awesome.

Beep Street
Aug 22, 2006

Chemotherapy and marijuana go together like apple pie and Chevrolet.
Important announcement - I'm making beef goulash in my crockpot today.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the most useless kitchen appliance is a juicer. why the gently caress do i have this thing. at least a crockpot is useful a few times a year during the winter

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ryoshi posted:

Sodastream is the most disappointing thing ever. As an adult who likes soda pop, I thought they might be cool: serve one glass at a time like a soda fountain so your drink is never flat, and maybe save some money doing it. Looked into it, and nope. It's more complicated, more expensive, and you still have to make a 1 litre bottle at a time. WTF?

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

I really wish I had a good slow cooker bbq pork recipe because all I ever make with mine are various stews and chilis. Thread needs more slow cooker recipes in general because GWS sucks.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
My parents have a soda stream and we use it almost exclusively to make seltzer water. Before we had it we went through a case of bottles every few days and our recycling cans overflowed with the empties.

We just use large co2 canisters that can be refilled cause the SS brand co2 is an insane ripoff.

Also crock pots are awesome. Gonna make black beans and rice later this week in there.

I am also unironically a fan of salsa chicken. If you use good quality salsa it turns out quite tasty. gently caress the haters.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Crock pots are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i got one for xmas and used it to make pulled pork. it was good. im gunna make stew or something soon.
thanks,
ehhhnnn

• Locked thread