Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I wish there was a website that had all the countries of Latin America on it, and you could just click on them and see a nice concise explanation for how the US hosed it up and why so many flee from there. I'm sure there are numerous books on the subject, but you can't really realistically expect people to read a bunch of books when you bring it up in a discussion. A simple sourced link would be amazing. I think a singular source like that going viral could really change the conversation on immigration, considering I pretty much never hear anyone bring up US involvement in Latin American politics when the topic brought up (outside of someone desperately trying to sum up huge amounts of info in a few sentences off the top of their heads).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

acejackson42 posted:

That website would be so large and so absolutely convolutedly intermeshed that horrific screw-ups in code would result and it would automatically crash your browser, fry your motherboard and feces would spray from the headphones jack. People really have no idea how responsible the U.S. is for almost every conflict and problem in that part of the world. Literally the root of all evil.

My question is how in the holy hell is Fox News going to fit this into their 'Obama does everything wrong always' and 'we really, really hate immigrants' storylines? We're going to get a Scanners-llike implosion from the cognitive dissonance.

joeburz posted:

Easily, he's not taking all of them and he should have done it sooner.

Yeah, they are going to criticize his success rate when he leaves office, and basically call it too little too late. They will also say he only did it because conservatives made him.

• Locked thread