Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Ahhh they're getting rescued by a fabulous gay army :3:

This show is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
"I went into the Enchanted Forest not knowing it was a-"
"You knew."
"I knew."

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Nooo, not Tad Cooper!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Tad Cooper NOOOOOO!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
This has become the worst possible ending

Edit: HE LIVES

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 1, 2016

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I super believe in you...

....NOOOO

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gary Galavant

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Al!!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I'd like to say that I'm not tearing up watching this but then I'd be lying

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
If they manage to get renewed I really hope they can have as much fun as this season.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Of course the dark evil lord (the Del) is a fashion designer.

Plus "I have a dragon"

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

please let them have another season.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
:allears: I want more already.

King Richard got a ton of really great lines this block, from 'Are we not doing our own stunts?' all the way through to 'I have a dragon!"

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

God what a season.

It'd be nice to get another season, but that's a really good ending if its not to be.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Oh man, I would kill to see Gareths epic quest to redeem Magdalena.

Here's hoping the powers that be are merciful and grant another renewal!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I loved the finale. Loved loved loved loved loved the finale. Loved it. Loved every fourth-wall breaking, joke callback/payoff moment in it. Loved the honestly that makes me hope that there'll be more of it. Loved the acknowledgment to the audience that it was ever renewed in the first place.

I probably should have been bothered by the frequency of the winking at the TV audience. I mean, Sid led an army consisting of the “people of Season Two,” sans any of the guest stars who played some of the major incidental (and thus recognizable) characters, who couldn’t be recruited because they couldn’t be afforded. But, when you’re talking about musicals, the fact of the matter is that breaking the fourth wall isn’t nearly as tricky a thing to do right. That’s probably because nobody ever breaks into song about the events of their daily lives without quickly being involuntarily committed for 72 hours.

Finale’s over now
And I do not care how
I want a third season of Galavant!

If basic cable calls
Lifetime can suck my balls
Not on that network, I am adamant!

Madelena will have some ‘splainin’ to do
Wait, I mean she’ll have ‘splainin’ to d-dew

And, Tad Cooper’s growth was grand
Hope dragons are not banned
From the coming chapters of Gal-a-vant....

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I want a 3rd season. So much!

http://i.imgur.com/qbXNl8o.gifv

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This season was really really good

Despite deliberately NOT ending on a cliffhanger, now I want a season 3 more than I wanted a season 2

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
"You know when you presume, you make a pres, out of you and me."

I really hope this show gets a third season.

Edit: I knew Tad Cooper was a dragon.

Also, I can't believe I didn't realize before that Weird Al was the Head monk. Or maybe I just forgot?

Ravane fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 1, 2016

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Good lord I knew I wanted a third season even from the start but I friggin want it NOW.

Also Vinnie Jones, holy poo poo I did not know he could actually act beyond his usual act. This show should be amazing simply because of that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This was the best ending imaginable. They nailed it.

But I want more. And not just because I'm a little bit more attracted to Madalena the more evil she gets.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

Good lord I knew I wanted a third season even from the start but I friggin want it NOW.

Also Vinnie Jones, holy poo poo I did not know he could actually act beyond his usual act. This show should be amazing simply because of that.

Vinnie Jones is this show is like Elisha Cuthbert on Happy Endings, it's just this great discovery. (Similarly Malin Ackerman on Children's Hospital.)

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Oh god....this is the worst song for dark magic tutoring.

I loved that. Last week I thought D'Dew was an excuse to make dated Mountain Dew jokes, but nope, it was an excuse to do a a bibbidi babbidi boo song.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I am going to fantasize that they somehow got Tim Curry from 23 years ago to play DEL.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sober posted:

He's even a decent singer (as much as the show needs him to be)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Maxwell Lord posted:

This was the best ending imaginable. They nailed it.

But I want more. And not just because I'm a little bit more attracted to Madalena the more evil she gets.

Seconding that. She was looking amazing at the end.

Loved this season. So happy that Richard has a dragon! And really hope we get a third season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
If this show doesn't get another season it will be one of the greatest injustices in the history of television, possibly second only to the fate of Freaks and Geeks. Holy poo poo I can't believe how good this show is, I only discovered it a few days ago and I binged through the whole thing in one hit barring the finale.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
Weird Al, Dragons, 4th wall breaking and a Wilhelm scream. Finale had everything a guy could ask for.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I think the first episode of the finale was much better than the second half though. Probably my favourite of the show so far.

If this glorious show does fall, I hope they get the cast on board to do season 3 as a stage musical.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If ABC doesn't pick them up for Season 3, then I hope Netflix does.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It was a good ending and I enjoyed both the last episodes. I don't even need a season 3. Richard got his girl and a dragon. All is well with the world.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Its kind of weird to think that this is all filmed in my home city, just down the road from me.

I'm going to have to try and scout out some of the locations if I can

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kheldarn posted:

If ABC doesn't pick them up for Season 3, then I hope Netflix does.

I suspect Hulu would grab it before Netflix would. I never even heard of the show last year until Hulu had ads for it all over and I said "Eh, I'll give it a chance I'm sometimes a sucker for musicals and I do love Detective Lassiter..."

SO GOOD

And that theme song...it's a real earworm.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tsietisin posted:

Its kind of weird to think that this is all filmed in my home city, just down the road from me.

I'm going to have to try and scout out some of the locations if I can

Apprently, all the desert scenes were filmed in Morocco.

Medullah posted:

I suspect Hulu would grab it before Netflix would. I never even heard of the show last year until Hulu had ads for it all over and I said "Eh, I'll give it a chance I'm sometimes a sucker for musicals and I do love Detective Lassiter..."

SO GOOD

And that theme song...it's a real earworm.

Maybe. But ABC is Disney, and Netflix already has a deal with Disney for their Marvel's Defenders stuff (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist shows, leading up to the Defenders show), so that might give them first shot at getting Galavant.

But then again, maybe not. I have no idea how that kind of thing works.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kheldarn posted:

Apprently, all the desert scenes were filmed in Morocco.

Maybe. But ABC is Disney, and Netflix already has a deal with Disney for their Marvel's Defenders stuff (Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist shows, leading up to the Defenders show), so that might give them first shot at getting Galavant.

But then again, maybe not. I have no idea how that kind of thing works.

WAIT ARE YOU SAYING GALAVANT MIGHT BE IN AVENGERS 3 BECAUSE THEN IT MIGHT BE GOOD!

:D

"There was a mad Titan,
Thanos was his name,
Evil and arrogant,
Our only chance was Galllllavant!"

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The real hero of this story is the man that sold Richard a dragon for a relatively meaningless hunk of rock. That's practically a humanitarian deal.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
"...passengers to the Island of Spinster. Here's a cat, and some chocolate."

I've grinned and laughed to an embarrassing degree watching this season. I definitely feel like it was more consistently amusing than the first (though am probably going to have to watch the whole lot through now to test that theory - the hardship).

On a musical note, I'm so glad they bought back the Galavant theme for the finale. I had missed it.

Although they did repeatedly say "he", when they introduced the evil overlord's name, I thought they could be going for a high level cameo set up for season 3 - "Oh, it's not 'The Del', it's 'Adele'". She'd probably be a tad busy for it but regardless, I really hope they get another season and another set of familiar faces popping up to play ridiculous parts. If not though, it ended on a high!

On a distribution note, why on earth hasn't this been bought and shown by any UK channels yet? Or Netflix/Amazon etc? It's (largely) filmed here with a (largely) British cast. You can't even buy a box set or the album! I would really like to share it legitimately with others and buy all the tracks. I hope a deal is being done somewhere but it's frustrating that it takes so much time...

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Seriously! Let me just buy this thing!

I even have season one already because it was free on iTunes for a while!

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Skychrono posted:

Seriously! Let me just buy this thing!

I even have season one already because it was free on iTunes for a while!

Why did nobody mention that before??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I'm on board for a season 3. The show is great and more people need to watch it (a theme here, with ABC comedies, Happy Endings, Better off Ted...)

Finale was great, this show has some great writing and they love poking Game of Thrones for all the budget comparisons.

• Locked thread