Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

fool_of_sound posted:

Nah, a system called SeeD that disappeared with the death of wikispaces. It's too bad, because it was fairly good.

You can still find it if you know where to look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Countblanc posted:

Warlord, Necromancer, Magician
Psion, Rogue, Shapechanger
Bombardier, Archer, Martial Artist,
Summoner, Buddies, Duelist

Oh my god. :kimchi:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Jimbozig posted:

Hey, I'm planning on doing a couple of online combat tests on Roll20 for the Rogue this Wednesday and Friday with two different sets of players from 9PM to 12 Eastern, and I'm looking for a few more people. The goal would be to get done 3 combats each night. So far I think I have two players each night, and ideally we'll run with 4, (although 3 is okay, too). Any volunteers?

I could do Wednesday.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Jimbozig posted:

Oh good. I just edited my post to remove all reference to the Friday test because it turns out I already have 4 or 5 people for that, since gourdcaptain is bringing friends for Friday.

Should I come prepared with a sheet or will you be providing them?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

How do feats interact with the Buddies class? Does the buddy get any feat benefits? If a Buddies character takes Toughness, does the buddy get the extra HP? (I am assuming not since that would be a lot of extra durability.) What about the other benefits of the feat? If a Buddies character has Savage Striker, does the effect trigger on attacks originating from the buddy?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Rogue Playtest Wednesday Results:

Final battle: 5 deaths.

And 1 survivor with 2 hp.

VICTORY.

Summary: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :supaburn: :gibs: :gibs: :gibs: :gibs: :gibs: :cheers:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Gharbad the Weak posted:

No Jimbo! GRIND THE FRIDAY TESTERS INTO DUST

It's not enough for me to win, OTHERS HAVE TO LOSE

:yeah:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Jimbozig posted:

Playtest 2 is in the bag. Rogue is looking good, and I have a few tweaks to make from the feedback.

Encounter of death was just as deadly as last time - got a tpk this time, despite making it slightly easier. It was fairly close in the end. One extra heal or a few misses from me early and they might have done it.

Thanks to both teams for helping out! Wednesday team, if you're up for another session, we can do a high-level test next Wednesday to see if I can get levels 5-9 into shape.

Totally.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

I prefer the second one myself.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

megane posted:

I'd be quite interested to hear about the playtester characters -- like what their builds & backstories were. An entire party of one class sounds kinda cool.

I started out as Phil & Bill, a halfling and his werewolf. Build-wise, they were a Buddies/Striker, with Bill designed to get into melee while Phil sniped dudes. It wasn't a very effective character, mostly because I kept forgetting about a couple of my feats. :v: Since they died in the last battle of the first session, I switched to a Martial Artist/Striker for the second one - the horrible undead abomination known as Philenbill. All told, I think my inexperience with the system and lack of sleep didn't do me any favors, and I consistently felt like the least effective party member. (That's not a complaint, though; I still had a lot of fun!)

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Question: how does the Bombardier's Misfire! trait interact with the "mines" placed using Delayed Fuse? Is the misfired power automatically centered on the mine? Is it centered on the bombardier regardless of where the mine was placed?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I'm fairly certain it's centered on the bombardier as you haven't actually laid mines or even designated where they'll go yet (that's the Effect of your ability, after all). Making your bombardier attack simply means you picked a target to perform an attack roll against.

D'oh, you're right. I misread the power. :doh:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

gnapo posted:

Here's how i understand it: The moving and bomb-dropping only happens if you get to trigger your effect. Seperate from that, there's still the ranged attack, that only does damage and role boosts. The ranged 10 refers to that attack, not the bomb-dropping.

This is right. It's similar to the confusion I had abut how Slow Burn works.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

I always like having more class options, but to be fair, the base game does have a couple of classes that can do both melee and ranged. Necromancer and Buddies both come to mind.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Rules question: Can a Necromancer/Blaster apply his Mark of Death when dealing damage to a second creature with Multitarget Boost?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Maleketh posted:

Rules question: Can a Necromancer/Blaster apply his Mark of Death when dealing damage to a second creature with Multitarget Boost?

I don't mean to be rude, but I could really use an answer to this question. :shobon:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

hyphz posted:

I'm pleased to announce that the character generator at http://hyphz.github.io/ now supports all the Roles and almost all the Classes.

I notice the option for a custom Background, which is good, but a Custom Origin option would be nice too. Otherwise it looks really nice.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Comrade Gorbash posted:

My fault for burying it at the end of my last post, so I'll ask again :)

Are there any Martial Artist stances that are particularly good for Defenders?

Jimbozig posted:

Tempest for little extra damage since you'll spend a lot of time in melee with as many monsters as you can. Scorpion for buffing your Opportunities further. Stone Wall for screwing over marked enemies at range.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I'm going to be running a playtest tonight. I'd like 4 people, but I can do 5 if there's enough interest (not going over that though, takes too long and I'm very busy today). If you're interested PM me here or add me on these and message me so i can give you the roll20 link

steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/countblanc/
bnet: Countblanc#1636

game will be one fight starting at 9 pm EST, give or take 15 minutes. have a character ready to go, level 5 with feats (nothing else is needed) - I'd prefer you use the new stuff, for obvious reasons, but if you wanted to use an old class + Lurker role that'd be fine too. don't worry about party composition.

as a word of warning, the battle tonight is pretty gimmicky, i'm also testing one of Jim's premade encounters

drat, I'd totally get in on this if I didn't have to be at work at 2 am.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Ratpick posted:

The Necromancer's Mark of Death activates when you hit an enemy with an attack and deal damage. I'm mainly interested in how this interacts with the Blaster's abilities, mainly Multitarget Boost (when you forgo turning your attack into a zone) and Consistent Attack. My reading is that these two circumstances don't count as making an attack, so as such neither of them could be used to give your Mark of Death to an enemy.

I actually asked about the former earlier in the thread. Per Jimbozig, only the enemy you hit gets the Mark of Death. I would assume Consistent Attack works the same way.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

My friends and I are about to start a Strike game, and I have a rules question. If a power's Effect includes dealing damage, is it added to the power's base damage on a 3+, or is it a separate source? This would change how it interacts with Resist and potentially let it one-shot goons.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

That's what I figured, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Rules question that came up in my last session: if a character with Lucky makes an enemy reroll an attack, does the reroll stick even if it's better, or does the attacker use the lower result?