Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz5RpjFHGDU

poo poo it's already been a year :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I still can't believe Pagano got an extension

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe Grigson got an extension

I can't believe Manziel thought he could disguise himself in Vegas

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't believe Grigson got an extension

I can't believe Manziel thought he could disguise himself in Vegas

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Greg Roman is actually bad and it's going to take lots of Bills fans and local talking heads another two years to figure it out and by that time it'll be 18 years running without a playoff berth

edit: with that said, Nathaniel Hackett going to Jacksonville and them seeing some pretty decent play out of Bortles, the theory that Doug Marrone was overriding Hackett and making him call the same five baby plays over and over becomes increasingly more plausible, and makes Marrone's future hire by the Browns or some other really bad team even more funny/tragic

whatis fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 5, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If, by some twist of fate, the Rams and Chargers end up sharing a stadium, gently caress this gay earth if Dodge don't sponsor the stadium.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

NC-17 posted:

Man, at least Richardson looked decent for one year.

Gordon's year was utter garbaggio, but let's not say anything crazy: Richardson had a 3.5 YPC and 950 yards his rookie year (behind a solid line iirc). that ain't decent.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If, by some twist of fate, the Rams and Chargers end up sharing a stadium, gently caress this gay earth if Dodge don't sponsor the stadium.

And in 20 years when they need to move because nobody gives a poo poo about either team they can get the hell out of Dodge.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
How is this not in the top 10? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FudlPz3Ok They just forgot julio jones and this loving catch?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jeff Fisher expects Case Keenum to be the Rams starting QB in 2016

https://twitter.com/NateLatsch/status/684150458496057344

Please let this be some sort of dumb smokescreen because no

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Traxis posted:

And in 20 years when they need to move because nobody gives a poo poo about either team they can get the hell out of Dodge.

Then the LA Dodgers can move in.

It all just makes so much drat sense.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

Fisher's going to get an extension, and nobody even on ESPN will be able to explain why

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Fisher's going to get an extension, and nobody even on ESPN will be able to explain why

Because he's Jeff Fished and Jeff Fisher is a Good Coach and If He Was Fired He'd Have A Job Within A Week.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Someone needs to beat up the Seahawks every year.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PantsFreeZone posted:

Jeff Darlington @JeffDarlington
Miami has also requested permission from Bengals to interview Hue Jackson, source says. If granted, they could interview as early as Sunday.

Someone closed the Dolphins thread, so I'm throwing this here.

There's a hot seat thread, this would be a good post to put there

Vertical Lime posted:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
The #Chargers have filed their relocation application to Los Angeles. "We are sad to have reached this point."

:smith:

We are sad to have reached the point we have been pushing toward for years

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I got to see Jed York's press conference live on public-access television yesterday. (Is this the right thread for this?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QGEL28SsnY

He sounds very self-serving in his apologetic attitude imo. It's really hard to believe he actually thought Tomsula would be a good replacement for Harbaugh.

Oh and Baalke is staying, yay :\

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DariusLikewise posted:

This is awesome. I hate that didn't he work out for Houston but gently caress yes the world needs more Case Keenum.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Donkwich posted:

I got to see Jed York's press conference live on public-access television yesterday. (Is this the right thread for this?)

He sounds very self-serving in his apologetic attitude imo. It's really hard to believe he actually thought Tomsula would be a good replacement for Harbaugh.

All you need is the last 30 seconds because Jed gets owned hard.

But yea Jed really seems to have gone (read: been told by Eddie D) "oh gently caress I hosed this up gently caress gently caress gently caress"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

quote:

A team source told The News that Pegula met with Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan about a week ago to review the 2015 season and look ahead.

During the session, the source said, Pegula gave Whaley and Ryan an ultimatum: make the necessary fixes to get the team into the playoffs in the 2016 season or be fired.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really thought Rex in Buffalo was going to be awesome...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Good to see he's on a short leash

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Donkwich posted:

That's a doughy babyface awkward boy putting on dad's suit and a glue-on beard

Jim was right to kick him out of the locker room

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Well, one more year of Rex will be fun.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Here are your 8 eligible Hard Knocks teams:

Buffalo Bills
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
St. Louis Rams

I imagine the league might prohibit the Chargers, Raiders and Rams because of their relocation issue, but I'd be down with another year of Rex Ryan. Saints might be interesting too.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams are going to spend another year running Gurley into the ground and throwing screen passes to Tavon Austin. Then Austin will leave and the team he goes to will use him like a normal loving receiver and he will be good finally.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bills or Raiders, every other one of those choices is extremely uninteresting to me

Also if the Saints trade Payton, they become ineligible yes?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

It's a bit weird that Pegula is giving ultimatums, iirc he was patient while the Sabres blew everything up and sucked and now have Eichel and other solid young talent to build around.

Then again it might be good to have Rex coaching for his job so he makes some very necessary adjustments to the schemes, the talent definitely appears to be there on both sides of the ball. If the defense continues to be below-average then it's a good idea to move on. However the ultimatum also could prompt (force) Whaley to make bad trades/signings and go all-in on 2016 and mess everything up for the rest of the decade if it goes awry.

Anyways, even if Rex makes defensive scheme adjustments and the offense continues to improve, passing the Pats and/or Jets as well as some combination of the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs is an uphill battle. Their schedule includes the AFCN (2 playoff teams, probably resurgent Baltimore) and the NFCW (2 playoff teams) and two up-and-coming squads in the Jaguars and Raiders. They'll need a strong record (like 4-3 at minimum, likely 5-2) in games vs the Jets, Raiders, Jaguars, Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals to be in good record and tie-breaker shape for a Wild Card.

Honestly if the AFCN and NFCW are both strong next year then the AFCE is a likely candidate for 1 division winner and 0 wild cards.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

:golfclap:

Traxis posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Here are your 8 eligible Hard Knocks teams:

Buffalo Bills
Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders
San Diego Chargers
Chicago Bears
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
St. Louis Rams

I imagine the league might prohibit the Chargers, Raiders and Rams because of their relocation issue, but I'd be down with another year of Rex Ryan. Saints might be interesting too.

No gently caress that go Raiders

Give us a few hours of televised Davis madness

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Urlacher hair :stare:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm glad at least one person noticed :smith:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Okay, but on the other hand...

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR
I’m told the Bills are finalizing the language on a multi-year extension with Whaley. Sides have verbally agreed on terms.

So does the ultimatum only refer to Rex? (I'm okay with a Whaley extension, by the way.)

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Ooh, next year looks nice for the Steelers:

Home: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Patriots, Jets, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants
Away: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Bills, Dolphins, Colts, Eagles, Redskins

Avoid travelling to Gillette, Arrowhead, MetLife x2, and JerryWorld. Instead travel to 7 non-playoff cities (admittedly several will be better next year).

:getin:

Meanwhile the NFCN gets the two clownball divisions next year, whereas the NFCS gets both of the West divisions. Packers, Lions, Bears, and Vikings will total like 38 wins while the NFCS ekes out like 28.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 5, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

kalensc posted:

It's a bit weird that Pegula is giving ultimatums, iirc he was patient while the Sabres blew everything up and sucked and now have Eichel and other solid young talent to build around.

Then again it might be good to have Rex coaching for his job so he makes some very necessary adjustments to the schemes, the talent definitely appears to be there on both sides of the ball. If the defense continues to be below-average then it's a good idea to move on. However the ultimatum also could prompt (force) Whaley to make bad trades/signings and go all-in on 2016 and mess everything up for the rest of the decade if it goes awry.

Anyways, even if Rex makes defensive scheme adjustments and the offense continues to improve, passing the Pats and/or Jets as well as some combination of the Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Broncos, Raiders, and Chiefs is an uphill battle. Their schedule includes the AFCN (2 playoff teams, probably resurgent Baltimore) and the NFCW (2 playoff teams) and two up-and-coming squads in the Jaguars and Raiders. They'll need a strong record (like 4-3 at minimum, likely 5-2) in games vs the Jets, Raiders, Jaguars, Steelers, Ravens, and Bengals to be in good record and tie-breaker shape for a Wild Card.

Honestly if the AFCN and NFCW are both strong next year then the AFCE is a likely candidate for 1 division winner and 0 wild cards.

I know it sounds defeatist, but telling Rex and Whaley they're gone if they don't make the playoffs is basically saying you're gone at the end of next season.

Like, we know for absolute definite the Bills won't win the AFCE. It just won't happen.

And the AFC wild cards are competitive as hell. Far more competitive than the Bills can be in the space of a year. They're a good up-and-coming team, but the Broncos, Steelers, Bengals, and Chiefs they are not.

It's not motivating them to get better and maybe squeak into the playoffs. It's telling them "You have a season left. Don't gently caress up too bad before we shitcan you."

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Unless I'm missing something, the Bengals and Redskins are both in the playoffs, so that's six non-playoff cities.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Giants are interviewing Adam Gase according to Rappaport.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Someone needs to beat up the Seahawks every year.

For reals. He beat the Seahawks with Case Keenum and Austin Davis, clearly QB is an overrated position.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Destoration posted:

How is this not in the top 10? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5FudlPz3Ok They just forgot julio jones and this loving catch?

This isn't really that special. Safety falls down, one on one matchup on an underthrown ball between a great receiver and a linebacker. Jones makes that play 9/10 times.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Intruder posted:

We are sad to have reached the point we have been pushing toward for years

Is there a timeline on all of this move stuff such as when all of this stuff will start getting resolved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dattserberg posted:

Is there a timeline on all of this move stuff such as when all of this stuff will start getting resolved?

The meeting/vote is next Tuesday/Wednesday.

We'll probably know for definite who's moving by the end of next week.

• Locked thread