Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams are going to spend another year running Gurley into the ground and throwing screen passes to Tavon Austin. Then Austin will leave and the team he goes to will use him like a normal loving receiver and he will be good finally.

So true that it hurts.

We are now at 11 years without a winning season (56-119 since 2005) and run by an owner who gives no fucks about anything except moving the team. This sucks so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So who takes the chance on Justin Gilbert? Everyone knows that Manziel is flying to Dallas the moment they cut him, but Gilbert is a question mark.

He's immature, and has shown an issue in coverage. He's a poor scheme fit for Miami so luckily we're not looking at him (although I guess... scheme is a matter for the new coach we have yet to hire..)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

We are sad to have reached the point we have been pushing toward for years

We are sad to have reached this point even though we were the ones that broke off all negotiation talks with the city seven months ago

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

too late now but you have to wonder what could've been if anyone tried saying, "you wanna move the team? alright. go ahead. move the chargers... into your dang heart, spanos."

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

kalensc posted:

Ooh, next year looks nice for the Steelers:

Home: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Patriots, Jets, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants
Away: Bengals, Browns, Ravens, Bills, Dolphins, Colts, Eagles, Redskins

Avoid travelling to Gillette, Arrowhead, MetLife x2, and JerryWorld. Instead travel to 7 non-playoff cities (admittedly several will be better next year).

:getin:

Meanwhile the NFCN gets the two clownball divisions next year, whereas the NFCS gets both of the West divisions. Packers, Lions, Bears, and Vikings will total like 38 wins while the NFCS ekes out like 28.

The Lions get 13 indoor games next year. It's nuts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

I really thought Rex in Buffalo was going to be awesome...

Based on what he did with the Jets?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Pretty sure that was sarcasm.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm really encouraged by Pegula taking a hard stance. He had to be talked into the Sabres rebuild and showed too much loyalty to guys he'd become attached to.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

fsif posted:

Okay, but on the other hand...

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR
I’m told the Bills are finalizing the language on a multi-year extension with Whaley. Sides have verbally agreed on terms.

So does the ultimatum only refer to Rex? (I'm okay with a Whaley extension, by the way.)

it sounds like its a rex-only ultimatum, unless Whaley's contract has a playoff clause

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Donkwich posted:

I got to see Jed York's press conference live on public-access television yesterday. (Is this the right thread for this?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QGEL28SsnY

He sounds very self-serving in his apologetic attitude imo. It's really hard to believe he actually thought Tomsula would be a good replacement for Harbaugh.

Oh and Baalke is staying, yay :\

Yet another beta bitch gluing pubes to his face to hide the lack of chin that clearly identifies him as a scrub rear end, no good, whiney fuccboi who doesn't actually belong in the same locker room as real men (though I don't know that any Niners meet that standard either).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Well, looks like the reports of Bills ultimatums were false. That's the bumbling billionaire I expected.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

When Urlacher has hair, he makes me think of Pvt. Pyle. Well, bitchmade Pvt. Pyle, not murder R. Lee Ermey Pyle.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

DariusLikewise posted:

Jeff Fisher expects Case Keenum to be the Rams starting QB in 2016

https://twitter.com/NateLatsch/status/684150458496057344

Please let this be some sort of dumb smokescreen because no

I hope this means no QB in '16 for the Rams! I'd like for my team to take one!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chiche the gently caress did you just say about NaVorro Bowman

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Nail Rat posted:

Unless I'm missing something, the Bengals and Redskins are both in the playoffs, so that's six non-playoff cities.

You're right, miscounted! Also a terrible field, I'll lose my mind if Bell or Ben or someone gets a leg/ankle/foot injury there next year.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Oh my gently caress

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX7Y2prUsAAnZcg.png

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe he was at a Joe Dirt fanfest

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

:laffo: Wow it's like he really didn't even try to hide himself that much

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Chiche the gently caress did you just say about NaVorro Bowman

That he should have cleaned himself up after the NFCCG. He's still got our pubes on his chin. :neckbeard:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Full disclosure that picture was from his Halloween costume but the wig he used in Vegas is the same

He also used a mustache in vegas

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Intruder posted:

Maybe he was at a Joe Dirt fanfest

You joke but this sounds like a great time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chichevache posted:

That he should have cleaned himself up after the NFCCG. He's still got our pubes on his chin. :neckbeard:

Actually it's popcorn from some bitchass 12 who thought throwing popcorn was the best way to make sure he was okay

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Amazing

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Shut the gently caress up Chichevache

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Welp, they found CTE in a 25-year old who played football since he was 6 (he quit his junior year of college because of the symptoms from it): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/25-year-old-cte-college-football_568bc7dfe4b014efe0db8c87?utm_hp_ref=college&ir=College&section=college

edit: I must have had a concussion when I posted it because it was riddled with grammatical errors.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 5, 2016

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

http://www.fuckthecolts.com/

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I see Wellsreportcontext.com got a facelift.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Welp, they found CTE in a 25-year old who football since he was 6 (he quit his junior year because of the symptoms from it): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/25-year-old-cte-college-football_568bc7dfe4b014efe0db8c87?utm_hp_ref=college&ir=College&section=college

gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Something Something Suck Luck

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh that's good.

quote:

He suffered more than 10 concussions, all while playing football, the first occurring at age eight. None resulted in hospitalization.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still not as depressing at the what ~15 year old kid who got his bell wrung, told the coaches he didn't feel right, got sent back in, got his bell rung again and died a few years ago

I can't even loving find it because "junior football concussion death" gives me a ton of results, ugh

e: jesus, I spelled wrung/rung two different ways in the same post

rung would be the correct way I'm assuming in this case

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 5, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more non-southern HS's just drop tackle football.

A local youth league has been having trouble getting enough players, but I'm expecting some broken-brained kid's parents to sue a school district at some point and really kick it off.

Intruder posted:

Still not as depressing at the what ~15 year old kid who got his bell wrung, told the coaches he didn't feel right, got sent back in, got his bell rung again and died a few years ago

I can't even loving find it because "junior football concussion death" gives me a ton of results, ugh

Yeah, I thought a death would happen and really kick it all off, but there's been like a half dozen the last two years, and the beat goes on. :shrug:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Kalli posted:

I'm honestly surprised we haven't seen more non-southern HS's just drop tackle football.

b-but school spirit and tradition

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't overvalue life

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Actually it's popcorn from some bitchass 12 who thought throwing popcorn was the best way to make sure he was okay

Are you sure they weren't castigating him for not playing through his injury?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Feels like it'll take the first wave of kids whose parents were aware of concussions before serious progress is made. I feel like dropping football for purely medical, and not financial, reasons could trigger outrage that would rival whatever the NRA is screaming today.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Kalli posted:

I mean what are they gonna spend their money on then? The arts?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Apparently the first thing Antonio Gates asked Tom Telesco when the team got back to San Diego was who they were gonna take with the #3 pick.

Basketball Hands coming back for one more year :unsmith:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I still think school sports are a legit important thing for the physical well-being of students, but football is kind of looking bad to the likes of baseball, soccer, tennis and basketball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Replace football with dodgeball imo

• Locked thread