Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
This thread just became overwhelmingly fascinating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Mnemosyne posted:

I told her he wasn't my father, and she claimed it was impossible. She pointed me towards the only other boyfriend she says she had in that time period, and I researched his family. Also French Canadian, so he couldn't be my father either. She claimed that there were no other possibilities and it had to be him if it wasn't the first guy. Just to prove that I was right, I DNA tested him. Again, no match. So now she claims that this is impossible, the DNA tests are wrong, and won't tell me anything else.
Could this be because of a Chimera-type issue? Like with Lydia Fairchild?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Mnemosyne posted:

My mother is a homeless heroin addict who has been a lifelong liar. It's much more believable that this is another of her lies than to believe that there's some incredibly rare genetic fuckery going on here.
But Ancestry.com sold half a million new DNA kits during their sale over the Christmas period, so I expect that sometime in the next 3-4 months, I'll probably get a match that will solve this for me. I'm really close, and I've been really close for about a year now.
That's fair. This is some crazy stuff and I really appreciate your contributions to this thread. I hope you find what you're looking for. :shobon:

• Locked thread